• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, or I mute them
    twitch
    wew lad

Comment

Thanks for posting. I believe it gave me some thought about how gaming online is now a days. If I'm understanding this right about what some of you say, I guess it is hard for people to understand that gaming is just for fun so it's best to ignore them or stay away from them as possible. However there is nothing wrong about being competitive, but being too competitive to where players giving crap to others for not doing well is too far.

I also agree on the fact that the "rookie" players probably need to be careful not to go on to a ranked game ( I'm referring to rookies who play for fun).

the best moral of the story, there are people online that will treat others like crap even there is no excuse. I just want vent my two cents on the issue because of my experience which made me feel down for some time.

Comment

Obligatory:

Comment

Originally posted by Frost R17 View Post
          Thanks for posting. I believe it gave me some thought about how gaming online is now a days. If I'm understanding this right about what some of you say, I guess it is hard for people to understand that gaming is just for fun so it's best to ignore them or stay away from them as possible. However there is nothing wrong about being competitive, but being too competitive to where players giving crap to others for not doing well is too far.

I also agree on the fact that the "rookie" players probably need to be careful not to go on to a ranked game ( I'm referring to rookies who play for fun).

the best moral of the story, there are people online that will treat others like crap even there is no excuse. I just want vent my two cents on the issue because of my experience which made me feel down for some time.
          yes , you hit it on the dot. no matter what even when i was younger theres always at least one asshole somewhere. just like real life =3

Comment

I've stopped playing TF2 for this reason. Too many assholes and butt-hurt idiots. I used to go on one trade server as I liked to rack up a few frags and just generally chill out without a lot of pressure.

This dude turns up from some clan, and rolls around with a medic in tow, spamming rockets everywhere while being continuously healed. Every time he makes a kill, and I mean every kill, he's taunting. That was annoying, but the real kicker is that he was drunk, and he was mike spamming - constantly telling people in an alcoholic slur that if they were 'good enough' he could join his team.

Seriously, the reason I stay in on a Saturday night is because of assholes like this. Do I have to do my finances to relax? FFS!

I came back another time and there were 5 squeekers on the mike, all screeching at each other about who had done who's mom, how long and with which kitchen implements. My ears were bleeding. Young people need to come into the game so that us old farts get replaced when we drop and the wonder of gaming can continue, but a bunch of 8-year-olds swearing and screaming like drill sergeants is not the way my friend.

That went on for a week and I couldn't bear to go back. What a f*cking mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
              I've stopped playing TF2 for this reason. Too many assholes and butt-hurt idiots. I used to go on one trade server as I liked to rack up a few frags and just generally chill out without a lot of pressure.

This dude turns up from some clan, and rolls around with a medic in tow, spamming rockets everywhere while being continuously healed. Every time he makes a kill, and I mean every kill, he's taunting. That was annoying, but the real kicker is that he was drunk, and he was mike spamming - constantly telling people in an alcoholic slur that if they were 'good enough' he could join his team.

Seriously, the reason I stay in on a Saturday night is because of assholes like this. Do I have to do my finances to relax? FFS!

I came back another time and there were 5 squeekers on the mike, all screeching at each other about who had done who's mom, how long and with which kitchen implements. My ears were bleeding. Young people need to come into the game so that us old farts get replaced when we drop and the wonder of gaming can continue, but a bunch of 8-year-olds swearing and screaming like drill sergeants is not the way my friend.

That went on for a week and I couldn't bear to go back. What a f*cking mess.
              No way to mute/turn off mic? IMO you should never abandon what you enjoy just because of a bad apple.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
              X