Being a moderator sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a moderator sucks.

What sucks more than that? Being responded to via PM, and when I try to respond back I find out they turned off PM's for whatever reason.

mad? No,I just skipped the forums and sent an email directly to them.
    satisfied? hardly.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Hang in there.

It's all crazy.

Maybe it's a full moon?
    Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
    https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Say to them "oi you sausage can you stop being so rubbish and reply please?"

brit humour for the win
      twitch
      wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
        Say to them "oi you sausage can you stop being so rubbish and reply please?"

brit humour for the win
        Call em a tosser lol
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

It's a thankless job... so thank you!

For inviting drama into your life so the rest of us can have a place to hang out

#PrayersForParis
          *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, not the greatest job and I don't envy you. Thank you for taking crap to make my life nicer.
            I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

The Quake One forum definitely has its share of drama and what not but I think you do a good job sorting it all out Mind!

Comment

Why are you on here dude? You seem really annoyed at r00k for being wrong about something but is a direct message that hard?
                twitch
                wew lad

Comment

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah!
                  Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah!
                  Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah.
                  O Lord, Kum ba yah
                  *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                  sigpic

Comment

If you use your head, you can make life easier.

1. Create a global "I disagree with a ban" thread. Merge similar "I disagree with a ban" threads into a single thread.

2. Create a "I'm too lazy to delete my own posts" thread, also known as "Gee, I'd like YOU to delete me, instead of doing it myself" -- any new thread with that topic gets merged into that thread.

3. Tedious beef threads long past their expiration date can also be merged.

All of this can be done without an censorship or limiting anyone's ability to voice their opinions.

But like a cat, if you want to #2 in the forum, it must be in the litter box.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      If you use your head, you can make life easier.

1. Create a global "I disagree with a ban" thread. Merge similar "I disagree with a ban" threads into a single thread.

2. Create a "I'm too lazy to delete my own posts" thread, also known as "Gee, I'd like YOU to delete me, instead of doing it myself" -- any new thread with that topic gets merged into that thread.

3. Tedious beef threads long past their expiration date can also be merged.

All of this can be done without an censorship or limiting anyone's ability to voice their opinions.

But like a cat, if you want to #2 in the forum, it must be in the litter box.
                      The problem here I think is some people are willingly stepping in the pile to have something to complain about these days. Even if it's someone else's pile.

The QuakeOne.com forums seems to have hit a glass ceiling and started expanding out instead of up. I see a lot of people doing a lot of different things but there doesn't seem to be any connection other then what individuals make for themselves from the pile of neat legos people have to offer... Anyway... A lot of people could blow off steam with a game of Quake amungst their peers(or not so peers). Instead they're choosing to stay in their comfort zone and throw pebble's at other people until another pile gets stepped in.

The place has been stagnant for awhile with only a few people to come a long and change small aspects of the scene every now and then for the good.

When QuakeOne was at it's peak was when we had meaningful disagreements(mostly) and things were constantly fresh (remember the "bomber,rage,dredd era?

It really seems like the only people who play Quake anymore are the diehards and nostalgia seekers who usually don't last to long.

Why can't we bring our resources together and bring something truly new and fresh that can last? I really want to see everybody participating and feeling good about the direction QuakeOne.com is going but when I look around this construction site of "Quake 1 Resurrection" I see everyone only interested in their own projects and no definitive direction except the pillar that QuakeOne.com was formed on (Quake1 by Id Software).

We don't need Id Software to make Quake interesting again and breath new life back into the game and this site... Maybe in doing so we could change the current undertone this place seems to have?

Maybe we should ask Solecord to add some type of Quake1 Project Development Manager extension to the site so people can start submitting new content and ideas and other people could contribute there? I can already hear people saying (Just go to inside3d.com). Why not here? Inside3d.com isn't responsible for our creativity, we are!
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        The problem here I think is some people are willingly stepping in the pile to have something to complain about these days. Even if it's someone else's pile.

The QuakeOne.com forums seems to have hit a glass ceiling and started expanding out instead of up. I see a lot of people doing a lot of different things but there doesn't seem to be any connection other then what individuals make for themselves from the pile of neat legos people have to offer... Anyway... A lot of people could blow off steam with a game of Quake amungst their peers(or not so peers). Instead they're choosing to stay in their comfort zone and throw pebble's at other people until another pile gets stepped in.

The place has been stagnant for awhile with only a few people to come a long and change small aspects of the scene every now and then for the good.

When QuakeOne was at it's peak was when we had meaningful disagreements(mostly) and things were constantly fresh (remember the "bomber,rage,dredd era?

It really seems like the only people who play Quake anymore are the diehards and nostalgia seekers who usually don't last to long.

Why can't we bring our resources together and bring something truly new and fresh that can last? I really want to see everybody participating and feeling good about the direction QuakeOne.com is going but when I look around this construction site of "Quake 1 Resurrection" I see everyone only interested in their own projects and no definitive direction except the pillar that QuakeOne.com was formed on (Quake1 by Id Software).

We don't need Id Software to make Quake interesting again and breath new life back into the game and this site... Maybe in doing so we could change the current undertone this place seems to have?

Maybe we should ask Solecord to add some type of Quake1 Project Development Manager extension to the site so people can start submitting new content and ideas and other people could contribute there? I can already hear people saying (Just go to inside3d.com). Why not here? Inside3d.com isn't responsible for our creativity, we are!
                        Hear Hear!
                        The only problem with that scenario, I think... is that

Those guys/gals <- do not know -> those guys/gals. I think we have all walks of talent here, from modelers to mappers to etc etc
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Agreed.
                          Just off the top of my head, imagine what a collaboration from talented people like Talisa, Moon, Seven, Golden boy, Baker, Rook, Tea Monster, Stalker (the Danish version ) , Sock, and Xeno could produce. Another thing that might help is a better delivery system. Forums are all well and good but perhaps not the best means of showcasing works and helping people to find them after the thread fades away. Perhaps a dedicated page could be allocated for key developments as has been the case for Qrack and ProQuake.

The above is just my humble opinion, please don't shoot the messenger

@ Mindz: Thanks for all of your efforts at moderating the forums. It isn't an easy job and you're far more tolerant than I would be in the same position. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated.

Kind regards

Monty
                          Mr.Burns
                          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

^
                            Indeed. This might sound cheeky coming from someone who has never produced a single thing for the community but I think a proactive community project could be a good way to pull people in and together in time for Quake's 20th. Though I'm sure Baker is plotting something behind the scenes from us mere lamers!

It saddens me that the most active topics in the forum have little to do with the game itself and tend to be about general bitching, shit stirring and whining. That's pretty much the whole reason why I've been signed up for nearly 10 years and haven't even broken the 100 post mark...

Trying to remedy that now by at least being a positive voice since I can't give anything else!

EDIT: Spelling.
                            I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by PFL View Post
                              ^
                              It saddens me that the most active topics in the forum have little to do with the game itself and tend to be about general bitching, shit stirring and whining.
                              been here far less time but this was one of the reasons I left for around a year or so
                              twitch
                              wew lad

Comment

Working...
                              X