Ruining Star Wars faster (Rogue One)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining Star Wars faster (Rogue One)

I thought this was a joke or a hoax for the first 15-20 seconds.

"Forgery of imperial documents, possession of stolen property, resisting arrest" ...

I was waiting for the punch line or the give away it was a comedy sketch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg[/ame]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Now that Disney owns the franchise, they're going to have a new Star Wars movie out every year. They're doing the same thing with Marvel (even more so with like 2 or 3 a year), but at least with Marvel, they have ton of super heroes to choose from and moods to create. Star Wars really has one mood and I feel like this is really going to over-saturate the franchise and make that special feeling of Star Wars vanish.

Did you happen to see the new one that came out last December?

Comment

lol.. i haven't even seen the first one.
      I don't get the star wars thing/thrill lol

Comment

Yeah, that's crazy. People are really crazy sometimes. Did you know there is this forum about guys going crazy about a really, really, REALLY old FPS game (about 20 years) made by some Id Software company, with really outdated graphics and gameplay? I mean, seriously guys? You really need to be out of your mind to like that. THE GAME DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SCOPE VIEW, FFS...

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
          Did you happen to see the new one that came out last December?
          The one that was like a fan remake/reimagiing of the original?

Yeah, I saw it. I was expecting a "new movie".

I had high hopes when I saw it. I was hoping it would be a good movie as that director had a really successful track record.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Davers View Post
            lol.. i haven't even seen the first one.
            I don't get the star wars thing/thrill lol
            Sounds similar to the "I hate Apple" and haven't ever used a Mac thing some people do.

Don't make much sense having an opinion on something through lack of knowledge about it.

I remember hating the movie the Shawshank Redemption before I watched because I hated "living in prison reflecting on life" movies. Then after watching it, trying to figure out if it was or wasn't possibly the best movie I had seen.

Comment

I actually enjoyed Star Wars: the Force Awakens and I eagerly await Rogue One. Yes, I know that Force Awakens shares a ton of similarities with the original, but looking at it from a character development standpoint, as well as a technical achievement as well, it's still a damn good movie. It's not the best in the franchise (that throne will forever belong to Empire), but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. As for Rogue One, I thought the trailer was kinda weird, but enjoyable, and based off of the director's work on Godzilla, I'd say we're in for a show.

But, this is all just opinion, and because the internet is such a loving and respectful place OF COURSE my opinion will be respected by just about everyone, right?

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by Izhido_ View Post
                Did you know there is this forum about guys going crazy about a really, really, REALLY old FPS game (about 20 years) made by some Id Software company, with really outdated graphics and gameplay? I mean, seriously guys? You really need to be out of your mind to like that.
                I know right, I mean what the hell? Who wants to play an old, shitty video game when I could be killing squeakers on CALL OF DUTY USING MY SNIPER RIFLE AND MY MEMES.

...I'm so sorry

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
                  As for Rogue One, I thought the trailer was kinda weird, but enjoyable
                  What made the original Star Wars work was the "Dark Side" and to some extent it was a "survival genre" in the first 2 movies combined with some level of mystery.

And, in that sense, the first 2 movies were an art form.

In some ways it paved the way for establishing a demand for science fiction "dark future" movies like Blade Runner, The Terminator, etc.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Zmuoze65U[/ame]

Comment

caught my attention on this only because my old neighbor was a HUGEEEEE star wars fan. His smoking hot wife divorced him over it in 2013. He use to wear star wars boxers, pajama pants, t-shirts, shoe's and even his pillow cases were star wars. I tried to hang out with him and all he wanted to do was talk star wars and star trek, I don't do either so that convo ended right after he asked me if I "loved" either.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                        caught my attention on this only because my old neighbor was a HUGEEEEE star wars fan. His smoking hot wife divorced him over it in 2013. He use to wear star wars boxers, pajama pants, t-shirts, shoe's and even his pillow cases were star wars. I tried to hang out with him and all he wanted to do was talk star wars and star trek, I don't do either so that convo ended right after he asked me if I "loved" either.
                        So the man's wife divorced him over being too obsessed with Star Wars, huh? I don't understand why I'm not shocked at this. I need to get off the internet for a while.

Comment

So the man's wife divorced him over being too obsessed with Star Wars, huh? I don't understand why I'm not shocked at this.
                          Do you consider yourself a "Facebook liker"? It is an interesting question.

Comment

So the man's wife divorced him over being too obsessed with Star Wars, huh? I don't understand why I'm not shocked at this. I need to get off the internet for a while.
                            There was more to it, But Star Wars & Trek had a big part of it. Basically he acted like a child and not a man. You can enjoy all the thing's you want but when it's time to do your manly stuff, get off your arse and get it done!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                              Do you consider yourself a "Facebook liker"?
                              I don't think I'm entirely sure of what that means.

EDIT: I mean beyond one who enjoys Facebook.
                              Last edited by DeathMaster; 04-12-2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X