No announcement yet.

grrr bah 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand what you are saying and actually expected more or less what you replied, regarding the second paragraph. I can't argue your logic but, I can append to it.

Yet another language + the understanding that was necessary to utilize it. The only truly wasted time is time spent without advancement. I have no clue where the knowledge I obtained will be useful in my life but, I can't say it will never be. I tend to take things I've learned and apply their information differently. One example could be that nobody will get my site the way I could have gotten this one.

plenty of the below could be considered "wasted time" until you look at the entirety and realize that with each language/framework/customizable software I become even stronger at assimilating languages like The BORG. I actually know a bit more than the below but, only listed things I feel very comfortable in.

HTML(all), CSS(all), PHP (all > 4), MySQL (all > 3.6), AS(1,2,3), Javascript, PERL, Python, XML, QC, BAT (?script), JScript, VBScript, Haxe, RegEx, JSON, FGD (?script), FLEX

Wordpress, Vanilla, PHPBB3, Apache, MariaDB

Jquery, MooTools, Dojo, SASS, Bootstrap, OpenFL, NME, nodejs, Away3D

fun fact:

I began learning spoken languages about 6 months ago. I love kung fu and I've always wanted to watch a kung fu movie without subtitles or english audio, so I started my spoken languages with Cantonese and Mandarin. I'll learn German when I feel like I can have an actual conversation in "Chinese".Basically when I can translate any/all of my hundreds of movies without help.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-31-2016, 05:14 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
      I have no clue where the knowledge I obtained will be useful in my life but, I can't say it will never be.
      If you keep your eyes open then maybe you will find a way. It may just hit you some day. But you have to be looking.

And it would be a better activity than trying to win "dumb" internet arguments that no one cares about. You can't win a dumb internet argument because if you participate in them you have already lost.

Imagine how much more time you would have.

/Just one opinion, possibly wrong. Worth about the same as any other opinion on the internet.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It was the year of our Lord 1997. A group of Uni students which I belonged to, was very interested on making a game using some newfangled DirectX technology or something. I was more of an OSS guy at the time, did not understand the DX APIs very well, and generally disagreed with that decision (I wasn't being a rational guy at that moment, obviously). So I decided to study 3D APIs, and found this new OpenGL platform that promised to run everywhere. But, eventually, life forced me to abandon the pursuit of that dream... and the group as well (had to leave Uni to get a job ).

However, I did not abandon the idea of studying OpenGL and use it on some hobby projects of mine. I went to work for several companies that didn't even care what 3D is about, so my idea of coding using GL dwindled away, slow but strongly.

2013: I quit the company that employed me for the most time, and then, just like that, one of my old friends at the group knocks in my door. He was looking for somebody who could help him with a mobile project that relies heavily on 3D visualization, and it's gonna be used by loads and loads of people eveywhere. It was going to be implemented on iOS, and the 3D API that was going to be used? Yes, you guessed right. OpenGL.

And here I am, with a nice and steady job and pay, working with these guys, using a technology I just studied almost 20 years ago, which I didn't even suspected it was going to be remotely useful for an actual job.

So yes, learn everything you can. The least unsuspecting knowledge you have might very well be your most significant source of either income/happiness some day.

Comment

When I was banned from here I learned PERL specifically to bring this site to it's knees. I promise you I can.
          Ban hammer just for that comment. That is a threat, he learned PERL just to bring this site to it's knee's but he did not because he thought of all the people who invested their time? So basically if he didn't give a damn about the time invested from other's he would have attacked this site. Just proves my point he is a shit bag and is only here to get attention for his miserable life.

Comment

@Izhido

I love that story. GJ!

@Baker

OK

@WL

Just give up, man. Nobody is playing follow the leader with you. I looked at this entire thread yesterday and not only are you the only one talking shit, you started it. What is banning me going to do? As it stands, I come here once a day while checking PM correspondance with Nahuel and answer people in this thread. This thread can't last forever. When it dies I'm already out.

@basically if he didn't give a fuck he would have attacked this site

Yeah, if it weren't for people like talisa, seven, etc. that would have happened. It's because my life is not miserable and I don't need attention that I had the heart to reconsider. You are dumb as a brick, bro. For the record, if I was banned from here I still wouldn't pursue a site attack but, I would like to hilight that your solution to me creating an attack shell script due to a ban...is to ban me again. Just drive your fuckin truck and leave the thinking to people with a brain.
            Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-31-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

@WL

I just want you to know that I'm not mad at you. I accept you for who you are. My words don't come from hate towards you. You keep coming in here looking for a spanking so, I give you one. You could come in here with a completely different attitude and mine would change accordingly. Or you can continue in your current vein and I'll give people plenty to laugh about. It's entirely up to you.

Personally, I think you should play to your strengths. You are a big guy and MAYBE in a physical battle you could teach me some lesson. In a battle of words though, you don't stand a chance in hell against me, brother. It's just reality, man. Just like I can be real direct with admissions, regardless of their integrity and moral compass because, it is simply the reality of things. I can tell you flat out that there is no reality in you ever saying anything that I can't effortlessly shut down.
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-31-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                @WL

I can tell you flat out that there is no reality in you ever saying anything that I can't effortlessly shut down.
                Dude, you say you don't care and then write a book.

You say "effortlessly", and then waste 45 minutes on a post and edit it twice and dwell on it for days.

Frankly, you let Wicked Lord jerk you around and play you like a puppet, and each time you declare you "don't care" as he you owns you like a marionette.

Self-control. It's the thing you don't have, but say you do. And you never show any evidence of being able to maintain self-control.

/And you aren't unique, we once had a forum member who had all the same problems and didn't know how to walk away.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

And just for clarity, the short version:

If you are going to explode or something like that, let's get that over with today.

Do it now.

I'm not on anyone's side, but you've sure been losing your temper a lot lately and if you can't control yourself, why not get all this business out of the way --- so you can enjoy your summer with clarity.

(And on a personal note, I'm sitting around having a beverage celebrating oddly unexpected good news that came out of the blue as a result of 2 years of hard work --- on something that was a huge risk and an insane idea. But I kept my discipline, I kept my eye on the ball even though it was hard as hell --- and some times it almost broke my will but it didn't. Today, I get to sit back and enjoy a small victory hoping a larger one will come --- IF I earn it and work really, really hard.)

Comment

You seem awfully concerned with what I do with my time and when I decide to exercise self control. You also seem to waste a lot of time expressing it. I don't remember agreeing to prove I have self control or ever claiming I am unique. You are also assuming a lot. I've stated the last few posts at WL with a smile on my face and the attitude of a cat swatting around a roach. FYI... I was watching part 2 of the new Roots when I replied here so, I was actually multi-tasking. When I stopped here I gathered info on how to control armatures with code in Away3D. I mean I only spent 61 hours programming and working on game content this week on top of 36 hours at my real job and 7 hours working on my house... Please tell me more about how I should live my life, brother.

Congratulations on your success. I hope you see many more from your efforts.

@mad a lot lately

irritable would be more accurate. Did you recently quit smoking after 29 years, cause I did. I quit cold turkey, 2 weeks sooner than I planned. Considering I come here only once a day and play with all my "friends" accordingly is actually totally awesome. The fact that my posts aren't thousands and thousands of characters of rawg is amazing. If you are going to focus so heavily on me, maybe you should look at the entire picture. If you are going to keep trying to defame my self control, I can absolutely stop exercising it and say all the things I would like to say. If you think it's easy to keep my cool with you, considering all of your posts seem to be attacking me in some way, you are sorely mistaken. Where are my attacks on you, Baker?

Actually, if you look at our current interactions it's a whole lot of you almost attempting to make me explode with reverse psychology and attacks on my character, abilities, etc... followed by me simply responding to you in ways that should not instigate a feeling of disrespect or conflict. You seem to be trying to push my buttons and the more you fail, the more you try. What was my last response to you "OK". Well, you aren't satisfied with that being that so, you pin yourself to someone elses problem and resurrect your issue. It's not going to work, bro. Swatting WL around like a roach is funny and light-hearted to me. Arguing with you could become a complete disaster. So, I just let you keep trying and I keep disappointing you with SELF CONTROL. I take all your little licks and jests and treat them like there is something non-nefarious that deserves a response. If anyone is trying to own me like a marionette, it's you. WL is just speaking his mind. You are trying to promote a specific response from me and it's making you annoyed that you are failing. Maybe you are right. You haven't changed. I had respect for respectable Baker. I can't say I have any for whatever it is that you are right now. SMH. I am flattered that you recognize me as a challenge and to best me in some way would be regarded as an accomplishment to you. Unfortunately, I adapt quickly and I've had over 5 years to sum you up. You are relying on predictability to achieve a response but ignoring the fact that I am self aware and therefore can cancel my predictability at any time I wish. You want drama and believe you have the key to unlock it. I recognize your move and change the lock. You get the long post you wanted but, it's not filled with what you hoped for.

I don't want to disappoint you regarding all the time I'm wasting so, just know if I wasn't responding here I would only be drinking coffee and watching the news, instead of all 3. I call it "just waking up". Thank you for the bright morning.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-01-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

(Cause I do what I want and refuse to be suppressed by "points". It's my time. Deal with it.)

Ya know, we are contemporaries in almost every regard that matters. We are both incredibly talented critical thinkers which are very capable of harnessing an idea and bringing it to life. We both possess similar skills which require many years to achieve a proficiency in. We also possess similar interests regarding our skills and talents. For either of us to be attempting to one-up or defame the other is a dis-service period. Working together, there is damn near nothing that could not be accomplished. Minds like ours working together are the type of combinations that solve long standing problems and entirely reinvent structures that have been long taken for granted as "the best we can have". Add in talents like Spikes and the possibilities go from virtually infinite to absolutely scary.

You like to try and make points to me (as if I was born yesterday and you have some grand knowledge to teach me which I haven't encountered a million times before I ever knew there was a YOU) but, completely miss the point that you are accomplishing little to nothing (in points) with someone that could help you accomplish just about anything. Why are you wasting your time attempting to teach me about wasting time? The same effort you expelled could have been used to achieve your current goal even faster with yet another great mind on your team. I'm simply using this as an example and not professing to even be interested in whatever it is you are doing. However, if you want to feel good about your accomplishment and attempt to use it in some sort of way to make a point, understand that you are dealing with someone that has had numerous upon numerous such accomplishments. Just my first self-employed paint job was $19,860 and I didn't even own a ladder or a vehicle. All that was rectified before the job even started with a material deposit. I completely restored the ENTIRE exterior of that 2 story home BY MYSELF in under 3 months. It is now almost a decade later, I pass the home often and it still looks very good. It could use a pressure wash but, none of the paint is failing. The gutters are right where I put them. The 1000's of linear feet of weatherboard I replaced are still firmly attached. None of my window glazing has failed or mildewed. You aren't the only person to accomplish something in this world and if you are going to make some point or issue about your accomplishment it might be better served to someone that can't spend all friggin night talking about accomplishments. Programming Languages, Music theory, Musical Instruments, Numerous Contractor Skills, Numerous Overnight Businesses manifested from nothing but an Idea and an Ad, Numerous Artistic Skills and I have made money from many of them, On Stage, Local TV and in Local Newspapers for Music, Stand Up Comedy and Fire Juggling. I formed my first business when I was 9, took all the money I made, bought lawn equipment and formed another business. By 11 years old I was hiring people and it cost my Mother next to ZERO to support me. At 17 I was a sponsored skateboarder for Vision. I was no Tony Hawk but, I won competitions in my league. At one point in my 20's I was in 5 different bands simultaneously and depending on which band we are talking about I was either the guitarist, bassist, drummer or singer. I totally lied to Johnny Angel about being a fire juggler and then got on stage a week later juggling fire for his 30's/40's swing vaudeville show. I maintained that gig for 32 weeks and ended up on TV and in the Newspapers as the "Hottest Act in Town". I had performers in that show completely hating my guts cause they dedicated their life to their act and I got all the recognition second to only the show itself based on nothing but a lie and a hell of a lot of confidence. I am sitting literally 2 feet from my fire sticks and would have no problem posting a pic of them. If you saw the materials I used to make them you would immediately realize that I was DETERMINED to juggle fire on stage.

factory made:

mine...home depot and ingenuity made. Electric box conduit connectors, bar rags, electric tape, the hem of a t-shirt, wooden dowels and surgical tubing. I tried to find a video that compared to what I did but all these flame jugglers are like boring clowns. My show was very fast, set to a live band playing tribalish jazz. I didn't do a trick and pause. My sticks never stopped moving and I was all over the place. Even in the crowd flipping fire right in peoples faces and laps. I used my entire body and brought a lot of aggression to my "dance". I have tried numerous times to find the news footage of me on stage but, this was long before the internet was popular...actually maybe even before it was commercial.

I'm of the impression that it would actually take you a long ass time to even catch me in accomplishments, bro. I don't say this out of spite. I say this because you think your one recent accomplishment is something to interject into points to a 41 year old man that's been doing the damn thing his entire life. I have no debt, no worries, my finances are constantly increasing faster than I can spend them. I have nice things and suffer for nothing. I live in a clean environment and certain decisions I have made (quit smoking) have made that environment even cleaner.

How about you stop attempting to mentor me and maybe take a minute to learn something instead. I could be a far greater asset to you (and you me) and our talents could be used to amplify one another to a much greater end than we will ever reach as challengers.
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-01-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_F0xODlUq8
                        WARNING
                        May be too intense for some viewers.
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                        ---------------------------
                        .--------------------------

Comment

As I sit here in Columbus Ohio waiting to deliver, you come along and post this. Thanks for making me hungry.

Comment

Your welcome,that's what friends are for!
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=665wQwXkq6M#t=19s

Comment

@MadGypsy

I did read your post. I have been on vacation and lightly checking the forum because I've been busy and not able to reply with the right kind of considering what you said kind of thoughts.

You asked for a thoughtful reply, so instead of responding immediately I'll reply when I have considered what you said more thoroughly (and when I am not distracted by real life activities).

/Haven't had the quality of time, but didn't want to think I ignored your reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X