X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimbots ruined the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO2fx98rGLc

Enough said...

That's a stooge bot, try to use that on a CAx server and it will automatically kick you; ie it's detectable.
    If by chance someone rolled their own, most avid players would call them out.

But to comply with this thread; yes, hacks really put a dent on this game circa 2000, with clan Zero.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Damn I wish I was that good...lmao
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyilhDGQ3j0

Comment

Terminator was funny, and Stoogebot was easily detectable, but the really nasty one was the Richmark bot, which was toggleable.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            But to comply with this thread; yes, hacks really put a dent on this game circa 2000, with clan Zero.
            I left at the beginning of 2001'ish and I clearly remember some Zero member's using wallhacks, aimbots, etc. I believe Ph0cus was the one providing the cheats to member's of clan Zero. I know he certainly enjoyed attacking IRC server's and even had a visit paid to him by the FBI.

Link below is the raid if anyone ever read it or remember's it.
            EnterTheGame - Don't Just Play The Game... Enter The Game!!

Comment

I took a very long hiatus when the bots started showing up. Loved the game so much that I eventually came back. wicked_lord I still see Phocus around. That article brags about catching a 14 year old that was owning them. It goes on to say how they will follow up but where's the follow up?
              Life is Grand!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmOrAttAk View Post
                I took a very long hiatus when the bots started showing up. Loved the game so much that I eventually came back. wicked_lord I still see Phocus around. That article brags about catching a 14 year old that was owning them. It goes on to say how they will follow up but where's the follow up?
                In short of the follow up, Ph0cus was a juvenile during that investigation and was basically slapped on the hand and told to not do it again or else charges would be brought up. I know he had lost his computer access for a short time during that investigation. He know's more about it and has discussed it in the past. However I don't know if he will discuss the cheat's that some of the Zero member's used, or will he?

Comment

The guy who coded the hacks for clan zero was Sense.
                  Phocus took some of those hacks and made his own PhocU client aftewr sense left the clan, 2Tone, gave me a copy of the exe to test, neil later ave me the source to use to detect, which i did for CAx. silly kids.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

ohh I remember those good old days o.o
                    My Little Computer
                    Intel Core i7 3770K processor 3.5 4 LGA 1155
                    ASUS Deluxe Intel Z77 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z77-V DELUXE
                    Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
                    Seasonic PLATINUM-1000 ATX 1000 Power Supply
                    Blue-ray DVD burner
                    OCZ-Vertex Solid State ATA Hard Drive 30 gigs
                    Hitachi ATA Hard Drive 1TB
                    Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
                    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                    Sony Surround Sound 5.1
                    Cyborg M.M.O.7 Gaming Mouse
                    The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

Comment

Working...
                    X