No announcement yet.

What the hell is going on here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't feel bad. I'm starting to think I'm the only guy in #QuakeOverVRIniOSMatters...

Comment

Originally posted by Izhido View Post
      Don't feel bad. I'm starting to think I'm the only guy in #QuakeOverVRIniOSMatters...
      I'm rooting for your project. You need to get it in the app store so people can try it, right now no one can use it.

It is the only way for you to have a user base.

There are iPhone users around and in no short supply.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

This is the same situation as gun control.

One asshole acquires a rifle, shoots a bunch of unarmed people, and the knee jerk reaction is to ban guns (effectively ensuring the only people with guns are the ones like the guy already killing people).

I don't know enough about the BLM movement to comment, but being a firearm enthusiast I do sympathize with a group of people having their movement or rights rebuked because of the actions of a few.

That being said, it would be nice to see a day where color is not recognized whatsoever, for good or bad. No one should be president BECAUSE they're black or white or whatever, they should be president BECAUSE they're a proven leader with a strong understanding of the Constitution, foreign relations, and military operations. The skin color doesn't mean shit.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
          This is the same situation as gun control.

One asshole acquires a rifle, shoots a bunch of unarmed people, and the knee jerk reaction is to ban guns (effectively ensuring the only people with guns are the ones like the guy already killing people).

I don't know enough about the BLM movement to comment, but being a firearm enthusiast I do sympathize with a group of people having their movement or rights rebuked because of the actions of a few.
          Right; It's stupid to think that because of one person that did it, everyone else has to feel accountable for it. Also it's stupid to think that one person killed people with a gun means that guns should be banned. Why would people who are responsible with their guns should feel accountable because some nut job killed people with a gun? They are not the ones that went on a killing spree.

Banning guns would have consequences anyways. think about the scenarios that would happen. Note that not everyone has much experience on fighting aggressors up close in self defense even taken some self defense classes. Guns can be used in self defense against aggressors at a safe distance and it's effective by protecting oneself and other people from a criminal.

Yet people are blaming the gun, a tool made by man, over the person who used it at the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            All muslims aren't terrorist waiting to ji-had and kill whole groups of people, all Germans aren't nazis, so why is all of BLM guilty of some jackasses smearing their name?

There were protesters with signs being peaceful, what's the problem with them? Are you saying "If you can't control everyone with your movement then you need to sit down and shut up and stop what you're against?

Seriously...
            Here's my post for context:

I'm not a racist, and I don't think anyone here is. I also don't think the shootings in St. Paul and elsewhere were justified, but BLM has gone too far. It's gone far beyond peaceful protests and has turned into what inevitably happened two days ago. Although I don't agree with the notion of institutionalized racism here in America I'm perfectly fine with peaceful protest. But, when situations like what happened today, so close to where I live, where people are chucking rebar and Molotovs off I-94, how can anyone call that peaceful? I'm sorry, but if you're going to protest do it with signs, not with fire.
            There were peaceful protesters, don't get me wrong, and I don't have any issue with that, but it's definitely more than just a few bad eggs doing this type of stuff. The major figures in BLM have done nothing to stop this violent outburst, sometimes even encouraging it. I never said the movement as a whole should stop, I said they need to stop what their violent behavior and learn to control themselves rather than chucking Molotovs off of a major highway. Is that so irrational?

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
              I said they need to stop what their violent behavior and learn to control themselves rather than chucking Molotovs off of a major highway. Is that so irrational?
              and cops need to stop killing people unjustly.

It just sounds like you're blaming everyone in BLM with your statement, I kind of get what you're saying "The assholes in the group should settle the F down" Is what I'm guessing...

and I agree, those nuckle-heads causing harm and acting in violent manners should be completly rejected from BLM and any other protest of this cale... but lets seperate the peacful protsters holding signs and actually legally protesting from the criminals throwing molotovs here.

This is more then just a small group with something to say, it's a very large belief that there are people out there with the lawfully given license to kill and they need to at least retrain police officers to attempt to de-esculate situations while assessing as opposed to shoot and assess the situation which is what these police officers in question are exactly doing.

Some people should not be police officers and nobody is making them become one, they long for excitement and a sense of danger a.k.a sign up to get criminals instead of to serve and protect the community. With the mentality to chase criminals they put a criminal mask on civilians and what's easier then seeing an "intimidating african-american" as a criminal instead of a law abiding citizen? Or a "latino-american" as a criminal? or a "european-american" as a criminal? Guilty until proven innoent shouldn't be the mind-set and is aginst what America stands for.

It's similar to having a horrible boss who blames their workers... Only a fool blames their tools if a job is poorly done.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

need to at least retrain police officers to attempt to de-esculate situations while assessing as opposed to shoot and assess the situation which is what these police officers in question are exactly doing
                The quality is going to vary.

Big city cops will always be a lot better trained than cops in satellite towns and communities 15-20 outside a major city.

Big city cops tend to get paid more and have the opportunity to go up the ranks of advancement and all that comes with it too.

I don't know where I'm with this per se. Cops have a tough job.

Then again, the "I can't breathe" incident was in New York, so what do I know.

I guess I was thinking a bit about the Sandra Bland thing, that guy was a Barney Fife --- asking her why she was upset, and then when she explained, the cop kept getting more upset when he asked for explanation.

Again, I don't know where I'm going with this. In Columbus OH, as far as I've ever been able to tell, we have great police --- one of the most striking things when I moved here.

But, in the outlying areas within an 30-45 minutes from Columbus, the cops are jerks. And then you go into the rural areas and the cops are pretty good and laidback.

/Never quite did figure out where I was trying to go with that. Baker -2 pts.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've also seen a lot of people complaining about B.E.T (Black Entertainment Television) because it's black culture.... on 1 single channel out of hundreds++... Then they go on to say "What if we had W.E.T they'd say it's racist." but the truth is most television IS White Entertainment Television.

Everytime "black-people" get something there's always some "white-people" saying "what if we had that? It'd be racist!" which shows the error in itself.

Can't "black-people" have anything?
                  The error in itself is not that black people can't have something, it's that white people can't have the same thing.

Black pride? Sure.
                  White pride? GASP! YOU RACIST WHITEBREAD MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

Honestly, I don't personally give a damn what color anyone is. I tend to dislike ALL people equally. If anyone in the world feels discriminated against, they're welcome to feel that way if want to. I sleep just fine knowing I'm not the one doing it. And I sleep just fine knowing I'm not doing anything pro-active to make race relations in America any better. I don't care. I'm alive on this planet for a short amount of time. I'm smart enough to know that things aren't gonna be cured overnight. It's gonna require all the people with racist sentiments finally dying before things really change. As far as I can tell, it's against the law and it's an actual CRIME to do anything truly racist anymore. It's illegal to refuse to hire someone based only on the color of their skin. So... looks like things are headed in the right direction to me. Why row when you're in a motorboat?

Personally, I don't think racism should be anyone's main complaint anyway. Seems more like a convenient distraction from all the other problems with far more devastating consequences. Look how ineffective and wasteful and crooked our federal and state governments are. Look at how our economy is setting itself up for a repeat of the 2008 depression. Look how much money we spend sending soldiers off to wars where the American people really have no clear idea WHY we're there.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
                    The error in itself is not that black people can't have something, it's that white people can't have the same thing.

Black pride? Sure.
                    White pride? GASP! YOU RACIST WHITEBREAD MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

Honestly, I don't personally give a damn what color anyone is. I tend to dislike ALL people equally. If anyone in the world feels discriminated against, they're welcome to feel that way if want to. I sleep just fine knowing I'm not the one doing it. And I sleep just fine knowing I'm not doing anything pro-active to make race relations in America any better. I don't care. I'm alive on this planet for a short amount of time. I'm smart enough to know that things aren't gonna be cured overnight. It's gonna require all the people with racist sentiments finally dying before things really change. As far as I can tell, it's against the law and it's an actual CRIME to do anything truly racist anymore. It's illegal to refuse to hire someone based only on the color of their skin. So... looks like things are headed in the right direction to me. Why row when you're in a motorboat?

Personally, I don't think racism should be anyone's main complaint anyway. Seems more like a convenient distraction from all the other problems with far more devastating consequences. Look how ineffective and wasteful and crooked our federal and state governments are. Look at how our economy is setting itself up for a repeat of the 2008 depression. Look how much money we spend sending soldiers off to wars where the American people really have no clear idea WHY we're there.
                    Let me break this down for you...

Black pride is having pride in your history, culture. Which is even though we started out as being considered non-human/less then human slaves in this country and even after that fact we weren't allowed liberties same as the "white-man" and there are STILL places in this country which shows and follows blatant forms of the "old way of thinking" that we are still fighting to be seen as equal by the egotistical,racially driven system that's in place, don't be fooled. Racism is alive and well, just because you don't experience it as a white person in a mainly white country doesn't mean jack shit.

White pride is having pride in your history, culture [Which is even though you may not be a racist] is to hold on to and praise the roots of your European immigrant ancestors who broke away from a tyrannic and oppressive system stole,raped,abused,polluted and erased the history of the native-American people, stole other people and forced them to work as slaves then and ONLY after a separation from the United States and only after an insane war broke out between the north and the south did anything change in which the south rebelled because the north wanted to do way with slavery and the north didn't want to give up their "property(human slaves).

---

When a black person says "black pride" they're saying it to show respect and pride in his/her history of how black people overcame travesties. What would a white person be saying "white pride" for exactly? Not that I really care if you're a racist, it's a free country, be whoever you want to be just don't mess with another's beliefs or injure another.

...but go ahead and cherish that white-pride I guess.

The difference is when you see groups like the original Black Panthers yelling black-pride it's a sign if strength and love for the black-American. When a KKK member yells "White-pride" it's a sign of hate, segregation & racism. Don't hate me, I'm just repeating what's already been shown in America's history.

If you didn't want the term "white-pride" to be associated with stupidity and hated then perhaps your ancestors shouldn't have made such a big deal out of skin color. There's nothing that can be done about this now. It's something white people will have to deal with because of their ancestors. It's ok though because "no racist from back then is alive today so get over it".

Racism will heal itself based off what you've said. Lets all sit down and shut up and get back to our TV guides while problems fix themselves like the Windows 10 Troubleshooter.

Your mentality seems very young to think a problem will fix itself.

But please get back to sticking your head in a hole until things solve themselves... remember though Life doesn't get easier by ignoring problems and pretending like they don't exist, you simply push your responsibility off onto someone else while you chose the easy road then boast about something you didn't do. a.k.a Valor thief.

P.S

If there's a different issue you'd like to discuss feel free to open that topic up in a new thread instead of derailing this one.
                    Last edited by Phenom; 07-25-2016, 10:52 AM.
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Here's my summed up thoughts on race, racial pride, racial history, and current race relations:

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Life doesn't get easier by ignoring problems and pretending like they don't exist, you simply push your responsibility off onto someone else while you chose the easy road then boast about something you didn't do. a.k.a Valor thief.
                        Not exactly true. My life becomes IMMENSELY easier when I stop worrying about the petty problems of other people and mind my own business. If more people did this, there would be far less problems and conflicts in the world.

"Responsibility". Why is it my responsibility? Why should I feel obligated to save the world? Is the world worth saving? I'm not personally responsible for anyone else in the world, so I'm not going to be an asshole and TAKE that responsibility when it may not be mine to take. The constitution guarantees all citizens life and liberty. And whilst I know the government finds it very difficult to follow the guidelines set out by the constitution sometimes, I don't let it discourage me from still believing that the basic tenets of it still have some worth to our society today. Therefore, I'm a big fan of liberty. I want liberty. You want liberty too. Everyone wants liberty. But no one's gonna have any damned liberty if everyone else is telling everyone else what to do all the time. And when someone is out in the street yelling racial epithets that might offend you, you have to remember that "liberty for all" would cease to exist if people chose to silence the things that offend them. Sometimes you just have to be the smarter wiser man and learn to ignore things you don't agree with. Because most of the time the people screaming the offense bullshit are nothing more than psychic vampires. If you ignore them and deprive them of the attention they need to survive and feel validated, they'll go away. And this is the approach I take with the racism problem.

Boast about something I didn't do? Jesus, dude. Sensitive much? You just fucking met me. You know jack shit about me. Unfortunately this is how most people react when they're debated or questioned these days. Welcome to 2016, everyone cord off their allotted 10ft of safe space.

Black pride, white pride, fuck 'em both. Putting the color before the "pride" connotes pride in the color, not in the national heritage. Nobody did anything to be the color they are, so why take pride in it? Isn't that kinda like being a "valor thief"?

Just out of curiosity, are you of the opinion that the holocaust didn't happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                          The quality is going to vary.

Big city cops will always be a lot better trained than cops in satellite towns and communities 15-20 outside a major city.

Big city cops tend to get paid more and have the opportunity to go up the ranks of advancement and all that comes with it too.
                          Sometimes true. But not always true.

I live in a somewhat rural area of NE Georgia. When the economy crashed and burned in 2009, the local police department had to close down due to lack of funding. It's 2016 now, and we're still relying on the county sheriffs department and the state patrol to handle our policing duties. It's a pretty small town though, and we don't have much crime other than the occasional car being broken into and ransacked, so it's not a big deal. However, the next city over lies on an interstate corridor which is obviously frequently used for trafficking drugs between Atlanta and South Carolina, and this city does have it's own police department. These guys are WELL trained and can shoot well enough to qualify for FBI agents if they had to. Part of the reason they are paid more than other departments and have access to better weapons and vehicles and training than other departments is because they produce such positive results. They've cooperated in several operations with ATF and FBI in stopping drug and weapons trafficking up the east coast. How many times have you heard of big city departments participating in training exercises with FBI and ATF? Out here, they do it at least twice a year in the summer. They aren't just plinking targets either, they break out the pink and orange paint tip bullets and fully auto assault rifles and play out real time hostage and assault scenarios.

If I was ever being held hostage in a bank robbery or something, I'd much rather have these guys come help than the city of Atlanta PD.

Comment

I didn't anticipate starting a full on argument with anyone when I replied to this thread. So to maybe clarify my whole "hands off" approach to curing the race problem in America, it might be interesting to know that I take the same approach with SEVERAL political/whatever issues.

I'm the same way about the marijuana legalization issue as well. I've smoked my fair share of weed in my day and then some. I know what it does to person, and I know what it does not do to a person. Like I said before, I'm a big fan of liberty. I don't think it's acceptable that the government can tell us we can't possess or use something that I've found in all of my experience to be pretty harmless, especially compared to alcohol which is totally legal. I don't personally smoke the shit anymore for many reasons that quite frankly aren't important, but I'm not so uppity that I think because I don't do it that no one else should either. The Lord God asked Cain, "Where is thy brother?", to which Cain replied in a most smartassed fashion, "Am I my brothers keeper?" You go, Cain! Indeed I am NOT my brothers keeper either. It is not my responsibility to keep track of other people and make sure they aren't ruining their lives with poor choices. A person can fuck their life up smoking too much dope just like they can by buying too many scratch-off tickets, or drinking too much, or jacking off too much, or whatever. Anyway, getting back to my point... The main obstacle preventing the legalization of marijuana is old crusty assholes that DO incorrectly think they have the right to tell others how they can live their lives. And no amount of protesting or petition signing is going to change their minds. The only thing that will ever change the situation is DEATH. And since it's illegal to kill old people... I guess we're just gonna have to sit and wait on them to die so that the younger and more tolerant generation can finally take a vote on the issue without these angry surly wrinkled fuckers throwing all their votes into the hat and derailing everything.

It's the same way with homosexual marriage rights. What business is it of the government to tell ANYONE who they can or cannot marry? You wanna see people who are TRULY discriminated against by formal government policy, look at the gay and lesbian communities. There's still states where it's against the law for them to get married. I'm not gay, and to be perfectly honest, the sight of two dudes tongue kissing each other makes me wanna barf, but I still acknowledge the fact that it's none of my damn business if they wanna get married and I have no right to be able to deny them that liberty when them having that liberty would not effect my own liberties. But again, the biggest obstacle to legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states is... BIGOTED OLD PEOPLE who unfortunately are not so old that they have dementia which makes them forget to vote.

This is why I'm not gonna waste my time protesting such things. Things are changing, and people have changed, especially the younger generation. But unfortunately there's still a lot of people who are just too set in their ways for whatever reason to budge on these issues. And so the only thing we can really do is sit and play the waiting game.

Yep. Death's coming, grandpa. And when it does, we're gonna make sure two high-as-fuck gay Jamaican black dudes have their wedding ceremony right on top of your grave.
                            Last edited by Focalor; 07-26-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

As a WoW player, right now, I'm imagining two trolls dancing atop your gravestone... doing a ritual to summon you as an undead servant.

Dude, I'm supposed to be at work right now

Comment

Yep. Death's coming, grandpa. And when it does, we're gonna make sure two high-as-fuck gay Jamaican black dudes have their wedding ceremony right on top of your grave.
                                PC culture's gotten really violent over the past few years... Equality!

Comment

Working...
                                X