• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by Davers View Post
    Obama/Clinton really??
    Get a grip..
    Wicked_Lords statement isn't that far off. If you have a basic understanding of our constitution (the supreme law of the land) and are up to date on the policies that Obama and Hillary subscribe to (that do not abide by the supreme law of the land), then they cannot be defined as anything else, except maybe criminals.

Leave a comment:

• Davers
    replied
    Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
    Our enemy is not RUSSIA, our enemy is Obama/Clinton period.

Obama/Clinton really??
    Get a grip..

Leave a comment:

• Davers
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post
    You missed the point.

The USA threatens cyber attack on Russia. Next day, half of USA internet is down.

Github is down too. PayPal down. Many other things are down like Amazon AWS servers (powers a large part of "the cloud" that countless companies and internet caching companies use).

Firewall Russia from network routers i guess...
    I had to firewall all of china to prevent spam entering my mail server.
    It's been so peaceful the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• barnes
    replied
    lol )
    in the USSR it has always been so good with food. No food stamps, and other horrors. The problems began after the collapse of the Soviet Union. But this was quickly rectified)
    About the KGB - is another scary story for stupid inhabitants. Most people do not notice it. But dissidents have had a lot of problems from the KGB. Now they call themselves "human rights activists" and tells how they were oppressed. You Look at these people -

Typical schizoid personality. Their place has been in psychiatric clinics. Sick people

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
    Back in '45, it worked only because of an extraordinary set of circumstances. But at the expense of how many lives? At any rate, Hitler's power already was on the decline and I don't think this madness could have lasted much longer.
    If you find the time, you should read about the Rape of Nanking. I'm curious to hear what a non-violent solution would be to deal with that situation.

Leave a comment:

• Focalor
    replied
    Did violence and killing help the US in Nam? Nope. Did violence and killing help in Afghanistan and Iraq? Quite the opposite. The current ISIS mess is a direct consequence of that.
    Violence stopped the US from taking Vietnam. From the VC perspective, it worked. Violence worked in Iraq and Afghanistan too. If you wanna get technical about it, ISIS came about because there wasn't ENOUGH violence and killing happening. Because if you kill every last ISIS cleric, soldier, and supporter, ...no more ISIS and no more problem. War's expensive as fuck though. Last I heard, it costs Uncle Sam an average of about 25,000 bucks to train and outfit just one US Marine. Politicians have to consider cost and benefits. And our politicians aren't always very bright. They'll subcontract out all kinds of things and end up getting gouged and they won't even bother getting upset about it. "It's only money, and we have lots of it, fuck it." And then other times they wanna be thickskulled morons and do shit on the cheap... so they put every enemy combatant in one single detention camp where they can mingle and plot the reinstution of a Caliphate. OOPS?

Like I said though, it solves immediate problems, and it did in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda got their asses handed to them. And like I said too, it can create other problems in it's wake... like Abu Bakr al Baghdadi or whatever the hell his name is.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    The fall of the USSR wasn't Gorbachov's fault! He merely tried to bring a touch of humanity in politics (Glasnost, etc...). He failed. As for protection of civilians, the victims of the KGB and people standing in lines for ration tickets would disagree with that.

Leave a comment:

• barnes
    replied
    Uhhh... what?!
    He destroyed our country. Yes USSR was not ideal counry, but simple civilians was protected.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by nahuel View Post
    Right now, a confrontation between Russia and USA only create severe problems. Especially because China would not be watching the show as if nothing.
    THIS! Do Bachar and Vlad need to be stopped? Yes. But again, violence has proven to be counter-productive. It only has led Bachar to pound on his people because the rebels are hiding among them (cue the Imperial March).

As for FEMEN, they got imprisoned for what? Protesting by way of baring their boobs. Wow. Those are definitely dangerous terrorists that need to be put away...

Originally posted by barnes View Post
    Some fools compared him to Hitler, but it is not true.
    Yes, he's much closer to Mussolini. Hitler was a madman, Putin is not.

Gorbachev is whore.
    Uhhh... what?!
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-22-2016, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• barnes
    replied
    I don't think shooting anybody is right in any way.
    You mean there's not a single good politician in Russia? Only one dictator and a bunch of enemies of the country? That doesn't sound believable one bit. Gorbachov wasn't one of a kind, surely.
    I can not say that Putin is a dictator. But the situation in our country is one to one with the "doctrine of fascism" Mussolini. Some fools compared him to Hitler, but it is not true. He tries to keep the unity of the country, but as it happens I do not like. He makes concessions to some really wild small nations that we live. Explosions in Boston it's them.

ps
    Gorbachev is whore.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Did violence and killing help Ulster in getting rid of english domination? Nope. Did violence and killing help the US in Nam? Nope. Did violence and killing help in Afghanistan and Iraq? Quite the opposite. The current ISIS mess is a direct consequence of that.

Back in '45, it worked only because of an extraordinary set of circumstances. But at the expense of how many lives? At any rate, Hitler's power already was on the decline and I don't think this madness could have lasted much longer.

Yes, the way of non-violence is a difficult one and there's a good chance of being put in a world of hurt before its benefits become apparent, but if you don't at one point take a stand and say "fuck it", it will never end. Ask Gandhi.

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied

He mostly seems like a fuckin despot. Ask the Femen. Or basically any others who ever dared to disagree with him.
    (little OT) Femen is a very controversial group, even some feminist groups detest femen. The group is originally from Ukraine, so I guess it would give a bonus to putin to hate Femen.

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    Most people can give examples of "violence works" with things that have not lived, or things on a small scale.

Right now, a confrontation between Russia and USA only create severe problems. Especially because China would not be watching the show as if nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Focalor
    replied
    Originally posted by barnes View Post
    I'm living in Russia. Guys understand one thing - all those cries of "terrible Russian" serve as to divert attention. And do not forget that the policy professional liars.
    So armed Russian fighter jets doing flyovers in NATO airspace is either a lie or a non-aggressive act? I don't think you'd say the same thing if a few fully armed US B-2's flew over your house. I'm not saying all Russian people are terrible, but I am definitely saying that the Kremlin has been engaging in aggressive posturing towards the West more and more lately.

History has shown time and again that violence doesn't solve anything.
    I understand the desire to hold that philosophy for the progress of our species, but it isn't a realistic stance to take in every situation.

Momma might've told you that violence doesn't solve anything, but momma never fought any wars. You're from France, right? I think violence did a pretty good job of expelling the Germans from your country back in the late 1940's. People use violence and killing because it works. When someone or some group is being problematic for you, killing them does a terrific job of eliminating the problem. If history has shown anything, it's that man has used violence quite liberally to solve problems. Sure it sometimes creates MORE problems in it's wake, but it usually solves the immediate ones. When the Northern and Southern US States were at odds over slavery and economic policies, violence did what a debate or a vote was never gonna accomplish on it's own.

Hooray for killing and murder!

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    I'm a pacifist. I don't condone any form of violence. But if you're really bent on punishing people, there are far worse fates than death. You snuff the bastard and then what? That's it? Wow, he's well punished... Newsflash: the guy doesn't care anymore, he's dead. Jail him, put him in isolation, whatever... that'll teach him. Murder resolves nothing. Of course, torture is unacceptable.

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    You want true freedom? Start there.
    History has shown time and again that violence doesn't solve anything. Ever. It only fosters more violence and perpetuates the neverending cycle. It has to stop at one point. And that point is when you refuse to perpetuate it yourself. Sure, it will be a long process until mankind globally shares this mindset, but it is the only way.

I think there should be a new law that if you are a politician you have to accept that you will be followed around 24/7
    That I can agree with - well, minus the gun part. Politicians need to be accountable and serve the people instead of the other way around.

Conversely and less brutal, governmental jobs should be barely over poverty level in pay.
    THIS! I've been advocating for minimum wage for governmental jobs for years. Actually, I've been advocating for getting rid of money altogether. Eliminate the problems at the source: no greedy politician, no poverty, no corporation fucking with the planet, no bank dictating its law to everyone from government to nobodies...

he SEEMS like a real fuckin President
    He mostly seems like a fuckin despot. Ask the Femen. Or basically any others who ever dared to disagree with him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X