FBI Reopens Hillary Clinton Email Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Reopens Hillary Clinton Email Investigation

FBI Reopens Hillary Clinton Email Investigation.

A couple of weeks ago when it looked like Trump was dead in water, I was talking with someone.

He said "Looks like the election is over."
    Me: "Could be ..."

"But this election year has been so crazy -- I quit trying to figure it out a long time ago."
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

While I'm glad we might get a chance to have Lady Justice do her thing, the question is if it'll be enough to get someone else elected. I sure as hell don't want Tim Kaine in office, he'll have absolutely no idea what to do.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

If Hillary wins, how does that all work with all the corruption and illegal activity exposed in the Wikileaks dumps. How does the FBI work with her in control of the Justice Department? Corruption will be the new norm.

I think we're becoming Venezuela slowly as companies like Ford move their manufacturing out of the country while other companies outsource everything.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

If Hillary Clinton gets elected I'd be willing to bet people would be working on impeachment proceedings from day one and she will be impeached. I say she will (as in definitely) because she is corrupt as fuck and probably completely incapable of "walking on eggs" for 4 (much less years. If she just coughs on the wrong person she is done. The only thing that has me second guessing myself on this is the fact that she has to know this and yet, she is still running. Either she thinks she will get away with murder forever or she knows she will get away with murder forever. In the first case...she will be impeached. In the second case, it doesn't matter who is President we are already completely fucked and this is just more bread and circus to keep us believing there is still something free and just about this country.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
          If Hillary Clinton gets elected I'd be willing to bet people would be working on impeachment proceedings from day one and she will be impeached. I say she will (as in definitely) because she is corrupt as fuck and probably completely incapable of "walking on eggs" for 4 (much less years. If she just coughs on the wrong person she is done. The only thing that has me second guessing myself on this is the fact that she has to know this and yet, she is still running. Either she thinks she will get away with murder forever or she knows she will get away with murder forever. In the first case...she will be impeached. In the second case, it doesn't matter who is President we are already completely fucked and this is just more bread and circus to keep us believing there is still something free and just about this country.
          If I were a betting man, I'd put my money down on the 'second case' scenario.
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
            If I were a betting man, I'd put my money down on the 'second case' scenario.
            Same here. No one that corrupt gets that far by the skin of their teeth. This has probably been in the works for years.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
              Either she thinks she will get away with murder forever or she knows she will get away with murder forever.
              It would be #2.

If she gets elected, it can't be the first time a democracy had someone that corrupt in power. But I don't know any examples off hand.

Cuba comes to mind.

I'm not exactly sure of the circumstances, but Germany was a democracy when Hitler ended up running it, but I can't claim to know if he was elected to the post or how that government worked. Britain's Prime Minster isn't popularly elected, might have been like that.

I do wonder if our democracy gets stomped on for several years --- like what could happen --- whether or not if would ever rebound back to normal or not.

I don't know if someone like Hillary would have to respect the House and Senate, for instance.

You could just directly order government agencies to do certain things, whether or not it is constitutional, because no federal law enforcement agencies would be willing to try to do their jobs. If she can do anything she wants now, as president with all that power, she'll probably not have to follow any laws at all. No one is going to tell her no.

Sounds like how the Emperor in Star Wars got started.

I would prefer that idea to stay in the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                Sounds like how the Emperor in Star Wars got started.

I would prefer that idea to stay in the movies.
                Oh, it's worse than that...

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

@ - but I can't claim to know if he was elected to the post or how that government worked.

Back then elections in germany were decided by a majority of votes and in the case that there was no majority a second election would be held and decided based on a plurality of votes. Hitler was appointed Chancellor to Hindenburg after a two-election scenario. Upon Hindenbergs death Hitler became defacto president. However, he immediately nullified the presidential office and replaced it with Fuhrer.

In "american" terms. Hitlers rise was as if he was vice-president and the president died. He wasn't any more elected than any vice president is, as chancellor. Almost unbelievably so, I have never heard or read any rumors/facts that Hitler had Hindenburg killed. You would think he would have though. Meh, maybe it was obvious to Hitler that Hindenburg already wasn't much longer for this world.

Fun fact: Hitler wasn't even a legal citizen of Germany when he founded the Nazi party.
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-02-2016, 11:45 AM.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

He became Chancellor, but still lacked the unlimited answer-to-no-one kind of power that he was after. The only way he could achieve it was by gaining an overwhelming majority in the Reichstag parliament. With all of the different parties represented in parliament, none of them really had the majority necessary to effectively take control of things. Hitler claimed that the Communists were working to take over Germany, which... they kinda were, but so was he. He convinced Hindenberg to hold new elections for the Reichstag to eliminate the stalemate in parliament. But before the elections could be held, the Reichstag building was set on fire by an arsonist. It was never proven exactly who set the fire. Hitler and his party claimed that the Communists set the fire, but many people suspect that the Nazi party probably set it themselves to frame the Communists. After this, Hitler convinced Hindenberg to pass the Reichstag Fire Decree which allowed him to arrest and detain people indefinitely without a trial. Hitlers next move was have thousands of Communist party leaders and members arrested on suspicion that they were part of a conspiracy to destroy the Reichstag and overthrow the government. When the new Reichstag elections were over, the Nazi party finally had a slim majority in parliament. Hitler continued to claim that the Communist threat was not over, so he pushed parliament to vote for the Enabling Act which would give Hitler emergency powers to enact laws without voting for them in the Reichstag. Some parliament members were reluctant to vote in favor of handing Hitler absolute power, but agreed to it only after Hitler claimed that Hindenberg would have the power to veto any measures. With the Enabling Act passed, Hitler continued working to remove all opposition to his power. He banned the opposing major political parties and labor unions and executed all the SA Brownshirt leaders. But he still had one last old man in his way. And when the old man Hindenberg finally died, the Enabling Act allowed Hitler to abolish the Presidency and combine the offices of Chancellor and President. Bada-bing, say hello to your new Fuhrer.

So yeah, before Hitler shmoozed and manipulated his way into omnipotence, Germany had a parliamentary constitutional government just like the US. But when the shit hits the fan, there's no guarantee that a parliament won't use that constitution as a kleenex to try to remove the shit from said fan and shred it to pieces in the process. It could happen anywhere if it were the right time and the right circumstances.
                    Last edited by Focalor; 11-02-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

"Every nation gets the government it deserves."

Comment

Originally posted by Amebix View Post
                        I have no idea who you were quoting but I doubt the syrian people deserved Bashar...
                        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by Amebix View Post
                          Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                          I have no idea who you were quoting but I doubt the syrian people deserved Bashar...
                          Some people attribute the quote to Abraham Lincoln because he may have used it at some point (he was well read and would often borrow quotes from others), but it was originally penned by Joseph de Maistre, a French counter-revolutionary conservative monarchist, and a bit of douchebag in my opinion.

Comment

that's like saying every abused child gets the parents they deserve! !
                            it's just a small % of our votes that actually count.

no offense amebix, it's just aliens run this world they are just waiting for us to kill each other off before they take over.

or should say they dont want our atmosphere, they cant breathe here. so they decimate the planet slowly, like a science fair project.
                            Last edited by R00k; 11-02-2016, 11:39 PM.
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                              that's like saying every abused child gets the parents they deserve! !
                              Haha! Well oddly enough, that's basically what Joseph de Maistre meant by that statement, that unruly revolution-minded subjects were destined to become subject to unruly abusive leaders... a bit of a narrow-minded way of looking at things, thus why I consider him to have been a douchebag. But then again, times were different back then. We have the luxury of looking back on it and saying that the American and French revolutions were "good" things. But had we been in the middle of it, perhaps many of us would've sided with the loyalists and monarchists, just as many people DID at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X