Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Day 2016 Thread (aka Political Grievance Therapy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked out great! Boy I'm kindly surprised. Last thing I expected.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Congratulations America, you have elected an egocentric psychopathic ignoramus. Good job! This world is insane.

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
      Trump has given his "we must unite" speech.
      Bwahahahahahahahahaaa!!! This is a joke, right? The dude has played the division card since day one and now he be like "unite"? C'mon, seriously...

Ooh, by the way, I found a new nick for him: Quackshot.
      Last edited by Mugwump; 11-09-2016, 04:38 AM.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
        ...Bwahahahahahahahahaaa!!! This is a joke, right? The dude has played the division card since day one and now he be like "unite"? C'mon, seriously...
        ..no joke, that is what he said but to me his speech sounded somewhat hollow and in some ways ominous in light of some of the things he has said previously, hence my expression of surprise on my original post Judging by some of the early analysis it seems he must have stuck a chord with, as they put it, "White Blue collar male Americans". More than that I cant really comment.

I can only hope it that works out well for my American Quake buddies
        Kind regards

Monty
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 11-09-2016, 05:46 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
          President Donald Trump.
          Holy sheep shit. Fuck me running. Never thought I'd be saying the words "President Donald Trump" as anything but a joke. But... jokes on all of us, I guess.

We got duped! Hornswoggled! Bamboozled! The majority of pro-Democrat news outfits succeeded in convincing us that how they said public opinion was positioned on the two candidates was actually where public opinion was... and it was a LIE! For the longest time, so many people have been tarring and feathering the name of Fox News for slanting everything pro-Republican/anti-Democrat while claiming that other news corporations are far more unbiased. And as we now see... not the case. They're just as guilty of spoonfeeding viewers left-slanted opinions and attempting to condition a left-favored response from their viewers.

The left media wants to keep telling us "We're a nation divided." as if it's a horrible tragedy and the right is entirely to blame for it. But the reality is that they've helped create and deepen the chasm between the two viewpoints by their rhetoric. "If you vote for Trump, you're a racist, sexist, bigoted, anti-progressive stupid person.", is the rhetoric they bombarded everyone with. They wanted to intimidate Americans and make them too scared to vote against Hillary Clinton. And the American people who they continued to label as "Uneducated white males" last night, voted to tell them "Fuck you, you aren't gonna force us to have your opinion about someone we hate."

So as nihilistic and "fuck it" as I felt before the election... now I'm actually kinda hopeful for the future of this country. They still don't own us yet. America... fuck yeah.

Comment

Congratulations America, you have elected an egocentric psychopathic ignoramus. Good job! This world is insane.
            He was the best choice for President of United States, given the alternative.

Whether or not people in France, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Belgium or Mexico approve isn't something the people that voting for Trump care about.

Hillary was corrupt to the core, actively sold influence while in the State Department.

The best way for a European to see it: it was our BrExit --- a big middle finger to corrupt Washington elites that don't give a damn about actual Americans.

I get tired of being of told by the media and politicians of how I am supposed to think. I also do not like being told if I'm not for bad trade deals and illegal immigration and outsourcing and against more refugees from the countries that gave us the Boston Marathon bomber and 9/11 -- that I am not being "considerate" of diversity.

I personally have no dislike of Mexicans (I like them, they are generally good, hard working people that are often a lot of fun) or people from India wanting to have a better life.

But Americans must come first. It's our country. It's not the country for megacorps, Wall Street, a lying media that won't tell us the truth or gives debate questions to their corporate champion Hillary. To be honest, I was voting against megacorps, the media, Wall Street, Washington and for the little guy when I, myself, voted more than anything else.

I'll take the guy who says inappropriate things occasionally over the corrupt lady 24/7/365.

I speak for no one but myself.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The left media wants to keep telling us "We're a nation divided."
              Only if we aren't doing what they want.

The media can go to hell.

Now all those bitter people in the media have to deal with the guy they hate every single day for a few years. Haha!

So as nihilistic and "fuck it" as I felt before the election... now I'm actually kinda hopeful for the future of this country. They still don't own us yet. America... fuck yeah.
              Amen, brother!
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Trump is the lesser evil: Killary wanted WW3 with Russia and China. Sorry but Russian people should be our friends, not our enemies (I'm italian and with those cuckold sanctions against Russia we destroyed our already weak economy, Russia was our best trade partner) for what? To support a neonazi government in Ukraine financed by that vile disgusting creep George Soros? Sorry I don't want to die for the "glory" of banksters and finance.
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                  Trump is the lesser evil: Killary wanted WW3 with Russia and China. Sorry but Russian people should be our friends, not our enemies (I'm italian and with those cuckold sanctions against Russia we destroyed our already weak economy, Russia was our best trade partner) for what? To support a neonazi government in Ukraine financed by that vile disgusting creep George Soros? Sorry I don't want to die for the "glory" of banksters and finance.
                  they wanna a 3º world war to reset the destroyed and collapsed economy of the whole world.
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

The left media wants to keep telling us "We're a nation divided."
                    Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    Only if we aren't doing what they want.
                    That's precisely what I was getting at. These are the same people giving so much praise to the anti-bullying stuff in schools, and they're effectively using their nightly broadcasts to bully and strong-arm viewers into aligning their thinking and voting with their own POV. "If you vote for Trump, he's a racist sexist bigoted anti-progressive stupid dumbass, and that means SO ARE YOU!" And then people went to the polls and said, "Fuck you, no I'm not, I just hate Hillary Clinton."

I think 2 main things were what made Trump voters minds up for them. #1, they hate Hillary Clinton. #2, a lot of them are in deep deep shit because their healthcare premiums are taking such a larger bite out of their paycheck than before Obamacare started. People are paying 2x and up more than they were before, and they can barely keep their heads above water anymore (if they haven't already drowned).

Comment

And Hillary isn't? Have you read much of anything about her past, present, and her supposed plans for the future? She's as power-hungry and corrupt as they come. You have to read, man. Don't just go off what the media tells you.

Bwahahahahahahahahaaa!!! This is a joke, right? The dude has played the division card since day one and now he be like "unite"? C'mon, seriously...
                      Again, Hillary hasn't? She's done more to divide this nation than Trump has by a long shot, what with her constant claims of racial and cultural division and plans to trample American liberties. Everytime I read a comment from her, my blood boiled. And clearly about 1/2 of America felt the same.

Why is it that people in other countries are so concerned about our politics? I couldn't even begin to tell you what's going on in France or anywhere else for that matter becasue it doesn't concern me. If you were in America and had a deeper understanding of the law of our land (i.e. the constitution the founders put in place), you would recognize that, although Trump may not be the most suitable for president, Hillary wasn't even remotely close.

Not trying to insult you or start anything. You're a pretty cool guy and you fit it great on this forum. All I'm saying is, there's a lot more to Hillary than what you have likely heard from another nation's viewpoint.
                      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

So many people outside of the U.S. want to crap on us for having this apparent attitude that we're king shit of the whole globe, that we're the world's police, etc etc. Nowhere it is clearly evidenced more than at every Olympic games when the US, China, and Russia use it as a political and world power statement based on who gets the most medals. But it really doesn't help matters when so many people in other countries place far too much emphasis on our presidential elections as if it deeply effects them as much as it effects us. To be perfectly honest, our presidents are fairly impotent and handcuffed when it comes to policy. Yeah, they're the president, but it's not like they single-handedly run shit and answer to no one. The members of the House and the Senate collectively have far far more REAL power than the piddly little president. So... relax. The world is NOT going to end. We got this, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                          ... bfg666 and his French point of view
                          bfg666 is French. The French are all about insults and taunting, when they aren't surrendering.

Monty Python - French taunting.

French Soldier: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Sir Galahad: Is there someone else up there we can talk to?
                          French Soldier: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey0wvGiAH9g[/ame]

America never needs to surrender. Our civilians alone have 300 million guns, and a lot of little boys and little girls in rural areas have shot a gun with parental supervision by age 6.

Comment

So many people outside of the U.S. want to crap on us for having this apparent attitude that we're king shit of the whole globe, that we're the world's police, etc etc.

I think it's easy to think in that way, (in fact I used to think it was)
                            But in recent times I have been more critical:

USA is not the world's police, the world's police are the multinational corporations and banks, they use the countries and goberments at will.

syluxman2803

Comment

Why is it that people in other countries are so concerned about our politics? I couldn't even begin to tell you what's going on in France or anywhere else for that matter becasue it doesn't concern me.
                              it's everything about media. if you are in USA you will never know any about elections in URUGUAY... but if you are in uruguay and turn on the TV you will see:

"TRUMP VS HILLARY"

why is this? because a big part of the media is controlled by the same people, the same corporations who want to show these elections as a great show. My personal opinion is that it does not matter who wins, the power will remain in the same hands ...

syluxman2803

Comment

She's as power-hungry and corrupt as they come.
                                I don't doubt that, but your "solution" is to elect some millionaire businessman (whose peers are way too often not paragons of integrity themselves) with severe lacks in political knowledge, no foreign policy program (one might even say no program period, as he spent most of his advertising campaign bashing Democrats and Clintoris - funny thing is, that's also the republican MO here in France...) and excessively inflammatory rhetoric instead? A businessman who by the way has filed for bankruptcy 3 times IIRC... which is either a) a proof of incompetence or b) a proof of corruption, depending on your degree of cynicism. Honestly, I wish for the world's sake that you end up being right about him, but right now he smells fishy at best.

Why is it that people in other countries are so concerned about our politics?
                                Because whether you like it or not, the USA still are a major player in shaping the world, both directly and indirectly. American politics concern everyone on this planet, especially when they're led by such a loudmouth for whom it'll be so easy to spark a diplomatic incident in such a tense international climate.

Not trying to insult you or start anything.
                                I know. Thanks for the compliments BTW. I think you're a pretty cool guy too, even if we don't always see eye to eye on certain things, like guns or Quackshot here.

All I'm saying is, there's a lot more to Hillary than what you have likely heard from another nation's viewpoint.
                                I couldn't care less for my (or any other) nation's viewpoint. I consider myself a world citizen. I see the world around me and draw my own conclusions. When they happen to coincide with the general consensus, it only comforts me in them. Is Clintoris an opportunistic piece of shit? Undoubtedly, but she's a predictable, hence manageable, POS. Good luck if you guys ever need to manage Quackshot!

To be perfectly honest, our presidents are fairly impotent and handcuffed when it comes to policy.
                                Yeah, we witnessed that during the last 6 years of Obama's presidency. The Republican majority obstructed his work as much as they could, and not necessarily because they were against it: even when they agreed off-the-record, they still obstructed because fucking with the Democrats has become the sport of choice of Republicans. Quackshot won't have this problem. The majority is still republican, isn't it? He'll have all the latitude he needs to do as much harm as he can.

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                                The best way for a European to see it: it was our BrExit --- a big middle finger to corrupt Washington elites that don't give a damn about actual Americans.
                                Yeah, and it's already turning out not so good for the English people... The thing is, flipping the bird to the elites tends to have the side effect of making people vote for the worst possible candidate. A reckless cash-maker in America's case, here in France the Front National and its rhetoric that harkens back to nazism is gaining significant ground. We're in for fun and rainbows!
                                BTW, if you really believe Quackshot gives a damn about people, think again: one doesn't become a millionaire by caring about others.

bfg666 is French. The French are all about insults and taunting, when they aren't surrendering.
                                Ha ha ha!

PART DEUX:
                                GUARD: 'Allo, daffy English kniggets and Monsieur Arthur-King, who has the brain of a duck, you know! So, we French fellows out-wit you a second time!

ARTHUR: How dare you profane this place with your presence!? I command you, in the name of the Knights of Camelot, to open the doors of this sacred castle, to which God himself has guided us!

GUARD: How you English say, I one more time-a unclog my nose in your direction, sons of a window-dresser! So, you think you could out-clever us French folk with your silly knees-bent running about in dancing behavior! I wave my private parts at your aunties, you cheesy lot of second hand electric donkey bottom biters.

ARTHUR: In the name of the Lord, we demand entrance to this sacred castle!

GUARD: No chance, English bedwetting types. I burst my pimples at you and call your door opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!

ARTHUR: If you do not open this door, we shall take this castle by force! [splat] In the name of God and the glory of our... [splat] Right! That settles it!

GUARD: Yes, depart a lot at this time and cut the approaching any more or we fire arrows at the tops of your heads and make castanets out of your testicles already! Ha ha!

ARTHUR: Walk away. Just ignore them.

GUARD: And now remain gone, illegitimate-faced buggerfolk! And if you think you got nasty taunting this time, you ain't heard nothing yet! Daffy English kniggets! Thpppt!
                                Yeah, I'm a sucker for anything Python.
                                Last edited by Mugwump; 11-09-2016, 08:28 PM.
                                ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                                ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Working...
                                X