Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook Pro Saves Kid From ISIS Florida Shooter

Lap top saves man's life during Fort Lauderdale airport shooting

A kid wearing a backpack with a MacBook Pro in it during the Florida Airport shooting ...

After the incident, he discovered it had a bullet in it and handed it over to the FBI,

A MacBook Pro's case is a metal unibody, from the looks of the picture it penetrated one side of casing but was stopped by the other side.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I thought you were SUPPOSED to shoot Macs though. Ba-dum-tssssssss.

Wanna hear something really crazy? I've seen these companies that sell childrens school backpacks made with kevlar and ballistic plate inserts. When you gotta send your kids to school with 300+ dollar backpacks that double as body armor, maybe it's time to say fuck it and just homeschool the little dude.

Unless you live in Chicago where the odds of getting murdered at home are probably higher. 700ish murders last year. That doesn't include the probably 5x or 6x other "attempted" murder victims who survived. Jesus Tittyfuckin' Christ. Them folks need some anger management therapy.
    Last edited by Focalor; 01-07-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
      I've seen these companies that sell childrens school backpacks made with kevlar and ballistic plate inserts.
      Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
      Unless you live in Chicago where the odds of getting murdered at home are probably higher. 700ish murders last year.
      I know this will never happen, but here is what would work ...

1) Define an unacceptably high murder rate.
      2) Government takes away federal funding for any city beyond that threshold.

I'm not suggesting that specifically, but some variation of the above.

Punish the fuck out of cities with bad policing by hitting them in the pocket book.

Politicians don't care. A decent government oversight forces them to care.

It is gross negligence for a city to have 742 murders and 4,368 shooting victims, which is what Chicago had in 2016.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I went to rough schools and if I would have had an armor backpack it would have been useless and eventually stolen. Getting shot in school has never been a high probability. Parents would better spend the money on self-defense classes (like mine did). When you roundhouse some asshole's head practically off of his shoulders, people pretty much tend to leave you the fuck alone after that. If you don't go to a bad school, chances are, doing nothing at all is plenty.

For a number of years I went to scholl literally IN the projects, was the only white anything in the whole damn neighborhood (much less school) and people made sure I never forgot it. I NEVER had an issue with getting shot. I got my brains bashed in once but never shot. Kevlar backpacks are for paranoid parents that believe their kid is going to be shot exactly in the back.

Like in WW2 when kids were putting on gas masks and hiding under their desk....KABOOM.....you're dead, useless
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 01-08-2017, 10:45 AM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Meh, Chicago's probably too crowded anyway. If it's lots of gang related shootings, I say let em have at each other. It'll stop when they run outta rivals to shoot or bullets to shoot em with.

Sucks that some dickbag had to go psycho in an airport. The people who got shot didn't deserve anything like that. And now they'll probably freak out even more about security and make it 10x more of a pain in the ass for legit flyers to catch a flight. I remember when I was a kid, every xmas eve my dad and I would ride around Atlanta on the Marta train eventually going to the Atlanta airport. We'd go watch the huge planes take off and land from the gate areas, all the people freaking out trying to catch a last minute flight home for xmas, etc. It was stupid and pointless, but it was kinda fun and it was our traditional yearly "thing".

And then some Mohammed Attah guy, or whatever the fuck his name was, had to go flying a damned plane into a building in New York. And now you can't get into the airport without a ticket. Terrorism literally fucked up Christmas. Thanks, Allah.
          Last edited by Focalor; 01-08-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

On new years eve one of my coworkers caught a cab and told the driver "happy new year". The driver replied "we celebrate 9/11". My coworker said he was so taken back that he started thinking maybe that day was a holiday or something before people flew planes into the WTC. He said he just couldn't believe this dude was trying to say he celebrates the American 9/11. He didn't press the issue and he wasn't exactly sure what race the guy was.

Comment

Was quite the drunk post!
              Last edited by Baker; 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                Remember, if you don't win, by definition you aren't actually superior. You are only superior if you win.
                I dunno about that. I'm reminded of a bumper sticker I've seen many times on many different shitty cars. (As an aside... why is it always the shittiest cars that have the wisest bumper stickers? Anyway.)

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

If we all went full-on Braveheart with nothing but yardwork tools and kitchen knives, I think the Muslims would have enough meat to throw into the grinder to outlast everyone else. Supposedly it's the largest religion in the world in terms of numbers of followers. Okay, sure, a lot of the nations playing host to the practitioners of this cancer of a religion don't have a military as technologically advanced as the United States, but that may not always be the case as time goes on. US weapons companies make a pretty penny selling our great shit (fire-and-forget tank murdering Javelin missile systems, etc etc) to other people, effectively selling our edge to others. Usually they only sell them to friendly nations, but... look at Syria. Those assholes are riding around in American armored hummers and carrying American issued M4 rifles that we left laying around. Whoops just a little bit. Like the other bumper sticker says, "Shit happens."

Anyway, the point is that the "best" doesn't always win anymore. Technology has made it so that the inferior can count themselves among the superior. As in... North Korea has nuclear weapons. Nobody can touch those fuckers now. We just try to ignore them and hope they don't accidentally lean on a launch button and start a domino effect where everyone else starts hitting their buttons too.

I am 99.999% sure that W Bush damn well KNEW that Saddam Hussein didn't have any nuclear weapons, otherwise we would not have dared going in there and fucking shit up, lest he be convinced that his only remaining option would be to set off a nuke. Fuck what Bush said, fuck what the media said and still says, whatever it may be. It's just common sense. You don't kick down a door that "might" have a cannon behind it aimed at the opening.

ps. holy shit, this is starting to get off topic something fierce. Dunno what most of that, especially the last part, had to do with ANYTHING at all, but... whatever. Lol.
                Last edited by Focalor; 01-10-2017, 05:54 AM.

Comment

@Now, you may question this ... and that's fine ... but keep in mind I did say "stronger strains" so maybe I was not referring to you

It must be tough being a little boy trapped in a little boy.

Comment

Working...
                  X