I Miss the New Posts Button. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Miss the New Posts Button. :(

Just as the title says. I miss it. That's all. I'm sure it'll make a come back in the future but in the mean time I have to actually (gasp!) manually look for new posts!

Yeah, I know there's the Recent Activity thingy but that's just not the same...

*Old man whinge...*
    I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Its not identical, but the recent activity seems to work well enough. But I know what you mean. I think it's a small trade off though, this new site is waaaaay better all things considered IMHO.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I don't know fella's, I've seen a few forums I was more than fond of DIE with the "software" switch/upgrade This seems consistent with that, as posts are waaaaay down from my usual Quakeone visits! Hoping for the best though.
        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

the 'latest activity' stuff shows the first post of topics, instead of anything that's actually new, so its not exactly obvious when there is actually anyone talking, imho giving the impression that people are starting occasional topics and noone can be arsed to reply to them, which sucks for a forum.
          (vs func, which has policies against new topics, and gives prominence to post counts instead of the first post from however many years ago)
          and yes, bright white is kinda ugly too, but that's not so pressing.
          that's how I see it, anyway.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

yeah i agree with spike... it kinda seems like nobody ever replies to new threads
            cuz the 'latest activity' only shows the first post of each thread instead of showing the last post

and you still have to manually check out each thread to see if anybody actually posted in it since your last visit

and i also really miss the frontpage news... right now posting news is pretty much useless
            since people would have to be actively looking for it to even be able to find any news posted
            Last edited by talisa; 07-29-2017, 06:38 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Solecord tends to read the Site FeedBack section. I don't know that comments here would get seen by him.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I'll copy a link to this thread into the Site Feedback section then.

Comment

Try clicking on this link: https://goo.gl/kUfcT7

Is this what you are looking for?

Comment

Before logging in, I saw this.

What if I'm color blind? No seriously, I can't tell if that's blue or purple.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's just team colors. Red, Blue, Yellow, White...? I forget and I'm not positive.
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                        Try clicking on this link: https://goo.gl/kUfcT7

Is this what you are looking for?
                        Thanks. That'll certainly do the job for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post

Thanks. That'll certainly do the job for now.
                          If that's what you were looking for, I can make that link show up in the navbar.... if it's not what you were looking for, please let me know so I can try to replicate what you are looking for.

Comment

I'm a bit confused. Doesn't the recent activity operate just like the old new posts option? It displays the threads that were most recently commented on. It just looks different.

My only complaint is clicking on a thread with recent activity takes you to the first page...I think the old system let you click "last page" or something.
                            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                              I'm a bit confused. Doesn't the recent activity operate just like the old new posts option? It displays the threads that were most recently commented on. It just looks different.

My only complaint is clicking on a thread with recent activity takes you to the first page...I think the old system let you click "last page" or something.
                              There is a LAST PAGE button with the page number options at the bottom of a page. At the very least it would help to add that LAST PAGE link to the top of a page as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X