Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I now have 168 weapons in my game.Thoughts? (Harvy Weinstein did nothing wrong BTW)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChaosEsqueEd
    Alright, so at least you have told me how to start the mod properly, thank you. My expectations haven't changed, just to let you know. I suggest you make a start guide for your mod, not including one is an obvious sign of immature design.

Regarding me not posting my work, here it is. I have two main projects that are quake related, one of them is a standalone game, while the other is a deathmatch mod that I feel enhances the game to be much more fair, as well as change how the levels are traversed. You may look at them and criticize them all you would like, I need it actually. I do feel my work is lesser than yours. You have a huge mod here with a lot of stuff in it, while I am working on these small projects that stand pretty well on their own, but aren't really interesting to many people. My deathmatch mod has in fact converted some quake players to strictly play my mod for multiplayer, as they see the standard deathmatch a lot less balanced, which may mean it isn't all that bad.

Sling, the game, is still being worked on. Right now it only showcases the mechanics of the game, and only has 6 levels. I am in school right now, so I don't have time to work on levels all of the time, so I am waiting until summer to get back to work. Right now, I am currently trying to get the colors all perfect, as the game can look quite blaring. It's the only game you can currently try, as it it available for download on github for windows and linux platforms. I'm looking at your stuff, so please look at mine.

Sling:
    https://github.com/SpecialBomb/sling/releases

sbdm, my deathmatch mod:
    https://github.com/SpecialBomb/sbdm/tree/new_spikes

You won't be able to try sbdm, since there are some things I would have to walk you through, and it's strictly multiplayer. I have a server with it up at sbdm.tk:26000 if you would like to hop on and try out the weapons, but you won't get to figure out every detail without reading the readme 100% of the way. It's also in the darkplaces list, so that is an option.

Regarding the size, it would be much better if you could distribute your mod through a compressed format, many people don't have native ISO unpackers, and it takes too long to download. In fact, the entire game was at least half the size of my filesystem, which is an obvious problem that you need to fix. It isn't hard at all, you just need to wait a bit. Try using other common compression formats, such as gnuzip or 7zip. In fact, I am pretty sure there are built in compression algorithms that you can apply to ISO's when packing them, so try and figure it out.
    Last edited by SpecialBomb; 10-19-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

ChaosEsqueEd
      Alright, since last post, I tried playing your mod again.

I spawned a few guns, felt pretty samey. It's also really hard to do a melee weapon well so many times, which your mod kinda proves, as there was no real reason why I would want to use more than one of the 50 melee weapons you have, other than wanting to pretend I am a knight or something like that. I got a bunch of automatic weapons, and as I expect, felt pretty samey. Some had more kickback, some were faster, some were slower, and that was about it. There was this plasma shotgun thing that was kinda cool I guess, which impressed me the most.

Tried spawning a vehicle, didn't work out.

The music still wasn't very good. There was this really repetitive organ track that really got on my nerves, but it was so boring that my mind phased it out at some point and I forgot it was there.

The foliage thing was okay, didn't really do much to enhance the game. It reminds me of those automatic terrain generators, but it wasn't terrain. What would have really impressed me is if you implemented some kind of automatic terrain generation. Not only would it be hard to implement, it would be useful in these types of mods.

I got into a plane, somehow. For some reason, the vehicles are spawned randomly, which is pretty annoying. It would be nice to be able to select something from some main menu rather than having to set up everything before hand. That's stupid. Garry's mod utilizes this, so I recommend you figure it out. Anyway, I tried flying it to no avail, so I got out. I think it was clipped into the level or something, and I didn't want to restart to get a good chance of actually using something, because it should work 100% of the time. However, I do know how your vehicles fly, since I saw a video of yours. It didn't look very fun, and only seemed to be an easy way to get from a to b on your unnecessarily large maps with almost nothing in them. Some of the deathmatch levels looked a little interesting though.

I tried some more weapons. 3 out of the 7 I chose had animation bugs and sound bugs, or didn't have sound or animations at all. It looked very lazily implemented. If I remember, it was the elf melee weapons, and the new colt stuff that you said was introduced. The weaponplay was a mixture between unrealistic and realistic, making it really awkward to use manual weapons.

I didn't have much fun. The mod didn't keep my attention for that long, and that's simply because there wasn't a lot to do in the long run. You can walk around a map with some guns and stuff, and thats what I got out of it. Calling this game a synthesizer is correct, but only on a visual scale. The most fun I had with this was bhopping, which is the same as xotonic's, so it wasn't even a part of the mod. Your mod is big, but you have somehow made it very, very small. Even if I tried out the magic and all of that other stuff, it wouldn't really change my opinion much. You would be better off trying to make some sort of adventure game with all of this rather than making this amalgamation of random stuff. I call it asset salad, where its a bunch of assets and features thrown together in an engine. With some of these more interesting features, you could make a hexen-like that was focused completely on magic, and that would be really fucking cool, I would definitely play that. I would actually rather play garry's mod than your mod, since its fun to play and simple to get things working, and even that gets boring for me really quickly without friends to fuck around with.

In all, it wasn't good. Make your mod more user friendly and I would be more positive with it. And again, stop being a dick.

Comment

I find it interesting that as a community we have banned certain productive members for having a momentary loose lip about meaningless and loaded "threats" yet we tolerate and allow a man who enjoys fucking little girls in our site.

WHO IS IN CHARGE AROUND HERE? WHY IS THIS SHITBAG STILL HERE?
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

I don't really care if he fucks and molests arab children. I mean I wouldn't piss on those little ugly gremlins if they were on fire. Shoot em all in the head and bulldoze them into a hole for all I care. But for YAHWEHS SAKE, THINK OF THE GOATS! THOSE POOR POOR GOATS!

STOP FUCKING THE GOATS, SIR!

Comment

Dutch
            ...yet we tolerate and allow a man who enjoys fucking little girls in our site.
            By what you wrote, i can be goddamn fucking happy about having him ignored, so i don't need to read his feces.
            That pile of dead fish is still playing bullshitcannon because A: Those in charge don't care (sorry for being obvious) until this point of time and B: We feed him with response.
            He's disgusting and narrow-minded.

And i bet he won't stay much longer around, maybe a month or two, until we loose interest or he gets banned more often than he can make accounts.

Focalor
            LEAVE THE GOATS OUT OF THIS, YOU DRUNKEN INFIDEL AMERICAN DICK OR NEXT TIME WE LAND ON YOUR SHORES !
            (sorry, couldn't resist)

I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
            My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
              I find it interesting that as a community we have banned certain productive members for having a momentary loose lip about meaningless and loaded "threats" yet we tolerate and allow a man who enjoys fucking little girls in our site.

WHO IS IN CHARGE AROUND HERE? WHY IS THIS SHITBAG STILL HERE?
              I actually am productive, unlike some of you.

Just in these 2 days I produced another model: the Colt Lightning Carbine.
              In the last week: Henry Repeating Rifle, Sharps Rifle, 1877 Colt Bulldog Gatling gun.

I am very productive. I'm always programming, making maps, making music, 3d models, textures, soundFX, all opensource.
              There is a reason that my mod is greater than yours.

I work at it. All the time.

Threats of physical violence are illegal. Informing angry american gynocentric christians about the truth of the Law, and agreeing with said law, having studied the hebrew, is not illegal: It is religious freedom. I reject your American heresy and I wish for a day when it is expunged from the earth; or atleast returns from whence it came. You bring only misery to all men of the globe. You are murderers and destroyers of that which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialBomb View Post
                ChaosEsqueEd
                Alright, since last post,.
                I do not need your advice. I never asked for life advice from you. I did not ask you how to make the game better for you. (I merely asked what you all thought as a device to induce you to download the game) I do not exist to give disgusting anti-marry-young-girls americans pleasure (those who do not like cute girls are only pleasured by food... which is why 40pct of americans are obese, not just overweight (80pct of murricans) but obese!).
                Fuck off. I make the mod for me, not to bring you happiness.

The different melee weapons are very different if everyone is using melee weapons. Each has different speeds, damage, refire rate, and ability to block other melee weapons. Some can block weapons of a higher class (sai, quarterstaff). Others can double attack (double bit axes). Others can evade blocks (flails). Some are very fast but have a very small arc of damage (dagger, rapier). When playing against those using melee weapons one must look to what the other is using and decide on the best weapon to use.

Darkhold (with quest spawns enabled) is a good map to play the medeval settings with. Perhaps bring a torch with you.

Once any gun better than a musket comes into play, however, all melee weapons are moot. Thus you can set your game to only use weapons of certain time periods.

I will not stop working on my game, I have been making things for this since when nexuiz was around (for many years).
                I put in what I want in a game

Which is diablo-esque-ness at some times.
                But other times I want a modern shooter.
                And other times I want something futuristic.
                Other times I want WW1
                Sometimes I want RTS gameplay.

I have it all and can set my game up any way I wish.

It isn't to make you or your gynocentric friends happy.

I'm glad you feel you wasted your time
                I inflicted that upon you, enemy.
                Last edited by ChaosEsqueEd; 10-19-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

No one else here has a game with anywhere near the weapons I have.
                  Anywhere near the vehicles I have.
                  Anywhere near the spells I have.
                  Anywhere near the maps I have made.
                  Anywhere near the city buildings I have made.
                  Anywhere near the RTS style buildables I have created.

None of you have it. I do. I did it. Why? Because I have time and will.
                  You can complain and diss my work, the fat consumer slobs you are.
                  You can complain about my beliefs: because you are American heritics and at this point rule the world (a world who hates you and the second you falter will decend upon you), my beliefs are correct and are those which bring happiness to men; rather than the slavery you american scum offer.

Comment

"Tried spawning a vehicle, didn't work out."

Randomly placed Vehichles spawn as players spawn. If you never spawn more then one player you will have no vehicles other than those included in the map..

"Anyway, I tried flying it to no avail, so I got out."
                    Try turning the engine on first.

"I tried some more weapons. 3 out of the 7 I chose had animation bugs and sound bugs, or didn't have sound or animations at all. It looked very lazily implemented."
                    Say it to my face, ******. Only homosexuals obsess over animation.

"If I remember, it was the elf melee weapons, and the new colt stuff that you said was introduced. The weaponplay was a mixture between unrealistic and realistic, making it really awkward to use manual weapons."
                    If you use melee weapons against a ranged weapon you will die.
                    I notice you chose the Elf weapons: see related comment above.

"The music still wasn't very good. There was this really repetitive organ track that really got on my nerves, but it was so boring that my mind phased it out at some point and I forgot it was there."
                    I told you which maps have good trax. Only women and males who are payed the wages of the dog obsess over such things anyway.

"However, I do know how your vehicles fly, since I saw a video of yours. It didn't look very fun, and only seemed to be an easy way to get from a to b on your unnecessarily large maps with almost nothing in them. Some of the deathmatch levels looked a little interesting though."
                    Fuck you.

"I got a bunch of automatic weapons, and as I expect, felt pretty samey."
                    They're modeled on their real-world stats. Homosexual ****** fairy going to complain about that?

"I call it asset salad, where its a bunch of assets and features thrown together in an engine."
                    FUCK YOU.

"With some of these more interesting features, you could make a hexen-like that was focused completely on magic, and that would be really fucking cool, I would definitely play that."
                    That is ALLREADY in the game.

I have more spells, more monsters, more medeval weapons than hexxen.
                    FUCK YOU.

"I would actually rather play garry's mod than your mod, since its fun to play and simple to get things working, and even that gets boring for me really quickly without friends to fuck around with."
                    Time and place motherfucker.

"In all, it wasn't good. Make your mod more user friendly and I would be more positive with it. And again, stop being a dick."
                    Fuck. You.

"Regarding the size, it would be much better if you could distribute your mod through a compressed format, many people don't have native ISO unpackers, and it takes too long to download."

Everything allready IS in zip archives. See those .pk3s. They're zip archives.

"Your mod is big, but you have somehow made it very, very small."
                    You are a ****** that opposed men marrying girl children.
                    The world is big. You americans have made it very small (it's all american gynoarchy now)

Last edited by ChaosEsqueEd; 10-19-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Blahbiddy blahbiddy blah. NOBODY CARES, KID FUCKER. Kill yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
                        Blahbiddy blahbiddy blah. NOBODY CARES, KID FUCKER. Kill yourself.
                        I'll just add more weapons to the game instead.

It's great having achived more than the people by whom one is hated.
                        Hated for rejecting their heretical Marcionist belief system.

Comment

I like my fork
                          I don't really get why you don't.
                          It's just perfect for me though, for some reason...

I started color coding some of the mutator menu items, perhaps that will make some things more obvious to players like SpecialBomb
                          It's hard to know how one who's new would come to the mod. My friends and I all know it, and I can just tell them if they don't know something..

Comment

TheKillingJoke

Yeah, you don't want to read this hapless lunatic's ravings. Disturbing, disgusting, and deplorable are putting it lightly. Would you mind telling me how you ignored him? I can't find the feature and I'm sick of seeing his shit. He found the one thing I don't want to read about more than his hack-off stolen-asset generic-looking mod: child molestation.

EDIT: nevermind, I found it. Wow, this is awesome! His posts don't even appear at all. I figured it would just say 'ignored' in the message box or whatever. It's like this asshole never existed.

Anyone else who wants to erase this scumbag from your perceivable world, the Ignore list is on the bottom of your account settings page. Be sure to add both of his account names: ChaosEsqueEd and ChaosEsqueTeam. Also, you can flag any number of his comments pertaining to raping young girls with the "Flag" button on the bottom right of his post. I reckon if he gets enough these, his account will get automatically banned or something.
                            Last edited by Dutch; 10-20-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

I just de-ignored him to have the pleasure of flagging his child-molesting posts. Hell, no real jew would agree with that sick troll. I bet he's not even a jew. I bet he is a dissatisfied lonely man who got a substitute for having a task and meaning of life and a deflection from his own problems by making his mod. Or he's just a massive arseface.

Solecord

Please. Ban him.
                              I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
                              My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

Originally posted by TheKillingJoke View Post
                                I just de-ignored him to have the pleasure of flagging his child-molesting posts. Hell, no real jew would agree with that sick troll. I bet he's not even a jew. I bet he is a dissatisfied lonely man who got a substitute for having a task and meaning of life and a deflection from his own problems by making his mod. Or he's just a massive arseface.
                                Yeah, I don't know what he is. I don't think even he does. It doesn't really matter, I'm pretty sure all sane people from all different beliefs can agree he's out of his fucking mind. I've known muslims who wouldn't buy into this shit, even though their religion does...go figure.

Comment

Working...
                                X