Positivity Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positivity Please?

The website was created for a reason, a good one at that. To keep QuakeOne going, and as of late, (or should I say since Baker has been gone and maybe a little prior), there's been a number of bashings, trollings, flamings, etc.

Sorry if you want to turn this forum and website into a negative environment. New people that come are seeing nothing but some senseless bashing and complaining from experienced long term individuals, and missing the good, positive stuff because they have to literally DIG for it through the manure.

Lets cut the crap. Lets work as a team. Lets treat others how you want to be treated. If you can't do those simple things, maybe being a member of this community isn't where you belong in the first place.

I will start a "Complaints" thread and put it as a sticky in the Quake Central area for those of you who have serious issues, or just want to vent. But every other day having some post where people are attacking each other is getting frustrating, annoying, and pushing people away.
    Last edited by Frenzy; 08-12-2011, 06:28 PM.
    uakene.com

Thats the last straw Frenzy.

I'm now going to support the creation of a site to replace this one. There were at least 8+ people talking about it recently and I really thought we could work to save this one.

It's clear that with you as an admin there is no hope.

Feel free to live here in your perfect paradise where everything is locked and moved that isn't roses and butterflies. You'll continue to push more and more people away.

Comment

Good for you Magnus. If that's what you feel you need to do so you can cut people down, etc, go ahead.
      uakene.com

Comment

You still don't get it Frenzy.

You can't keep silencing who you pick and chose when events make you look bad. Moving threads out of public view because they make you specifically look bad is a constant problem.

You're a terrible admin and you know I'm not the only one who thinks. The only one cutting people down is you.

Hopefully in light of your recent actions more people speak up.

For the record that's 3 threads now that I know of that have been moved to a private section because they make YOU look bad. Who knows how many others there are that I don't know about. I'm sure there must be at least a few based on conversations with others.

Comment

Personally, I would create a brand new sub-forum in these hallowed halls so that people could start their own threads inside.

Call it 'What Happened Last Night' or 'Kimp's Corner' or 'If Magnus Ruled the Earth,' just something funny and clever. And then, if you don't want to read what's inside, don't go in.

I can tell you that the nature of competitive NetQuake is such that it can spark disagreements, rivalries, grievances, and a whole host of other soap opera-worthy egoic trifles (yes, guilty as charged). This game, especially online with player against player, can stir up emotions. The history of threads here seems to tell me that it's natural for people to want somewhere to go to to talk about the things that happen online and yes, to vent. Baker has said it himself, this kind of stuff sparks interest and gets eyeballs on this site, which makes your overlords happy because more eyeballs = more $ for them.

So this site can either provide a place for it to happen or else censor and alienate those who feel like they have something legitimate to say. I don't think a sticky-thread quite does the trick.

Comment

I don't demand my trash'd posts be returned , but I do demand the censorship FUCK OFF.

I am not going to be judged by FRENZY's mothaphuggin opinion of what should or shouldn't be allowed. That's bullshit.

Censorships for the fucking BIRDS. Since when must I ever adhere to some form of "vulgarity" rulings. If I wanna say something, I'll fn say it.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
              I've moved a couple of the recent forum posts to another area, they are not deleted, just not visible to public. The website was created for a reason, a good one at that. To keep QuakeOne going, and as of late, (or should I say since Baker has been gone and maybe a little prior), there's been a number of bashings, trollings, flamings, etc.

Sorry if you think I stepped on any of your toes while doing this, that's not the case.

Sorry if you want to turn this forum and website into a negative environment. New people that come are seeing nothing but some senseless bashing and complaining from experienced long term individuals, and missing the good, positive stuff because they have to literally DIG for it through the manure.

Lets cut the crap. Lets work as a team. Lets treat others how you want to be treated. If you can't do those simple things, maybe being a member of this community isn't where you belong in the first place.

I will start a "Complaints" thread and put it as a sticky in the Quake Central area for those of you who have serious issues, or just want to vent. But every other day having some post where people are attacking each other is getting frustrating, annoying, and just not tolerable.
              I agree with the positive side of this but you however are using the censorship tactic, you are just looking for any reason to come in and nazi-clean any thing you deem unfit for the community while ignoring the stuff that is truly unacceptable.. Baker on the other hand let people be themselves on this site regardless of how offensive it was to him personally, he took it with a grain of salt unless somebody got completely out of line with what they said or did. Either lighten up on people or dictate them on every thing they say its your choice, but the majority will never destroy the community,because someone in power always does that first, look at the history of the world.

Comment

I don't move anything for my own personal advancement. I also have no problem moving them back if that's what you guys want. There were multiple trash talking negative threads I moved, only 1 involved myself. Duly noted, and as of now they are moved back.

Mindz, the only thing you need to adhere to is not calling people names. That's Baker's rule, not mine. I don't care about anything else you do. (except posting cheats for the community). So cuss all you want, nobody is stopping you.

I can't please everybody, especially the complainers, and I don't intend do. But I do intend to do what is best for the site. (That's why I moved those select few threads back).

Difference between me and some people, I can admit when I did something wrong. I locked 1 thread, and had a mod's approval on it as such. Phenom locked the others. The ones I moved, as I just said, I moved back because of the "hysteria". So now matter how much you bitch or complain from here on out, it will be due to the fact that I locked 1 thread where an issue was resolved, and you can bitch all you want about the threads that have already been moved back, that's pointless. That's basically the only mistake I've made. Sue me. I'm not perfect.

(Fire at will - see how much I care).
                Last edited by Frenzy; 08-12-2011, 06:51 PM.
                uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
                  I agree with the positive side of this but you however are using the censorship tactic, you are just looking for any reason to come in and nazi-clean any thing you deem unfit for the community while ignoring the stuff that is truly unacceptable.. Baker on the other hand let people be themselves on this site regardless of how offensive it was to him personally, he took it with a grain of salt unless somebody got completely out of line with what they said or did. Either lighten up on people or dictate them on every thing they say its your choice, but the majority will never destroy the community,because someone in power always does that first, look at the history of the world.
                  I like how you said this. Makes a lot of sense I agree. Admins can't always be perfect, but they can sure try to make sure things go well. Due to your post here, you opened my eyes a bit.

I would actually love it if Baker were back, because this is quite a handful sometimes

However, I've done nothing on a personal level, I could careless about attacks towards me, if I'm doing what's right, I really don't care. I'll gladly accept criticism, after all, you can't please everybody.
                  uakene.com

Comment

maybe I should make another post that's titled "Some Dumb Mother Fucker" and this time it can be followed up with "Is Deleting My Fn Posts" remind you I arrived at these forums willing to call things how I see them,and I personally think you need to step away from the fucking censorship button.

Start by undeleting all my post's you've deleted and edit a my fn TEXT like you always seem to end up doing, whether its a post MONO made about CTF crap (twice its happened,editing HIS post!!!Something I'm sure he would have enjoyed doing,hence his idea) or because I called you a fucking moron for even "Going there" .....

We don't need your mother hen attitude so shut it down and call it a day, it just pisses me off. You sure know how to piss into the wind Frenzy.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I do have to side with Frenzy on this.
                      This whole bitching about server admins/kimp/"kimp supporters" is just WAY out of hand to the point that this whole forum is NOTHING but complaining. I knew at one point we'd need someone to finally step up and put a end to it. Most of the issues people are complaining about could of been resolved via PM. Instead people have to go out of their way and make a public thread to call someone out. The PM function is there for a reason, use it.

Comment

The only thing out of hand is someone moving post's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          The only thing out of hand is someone moving post's.
                          >mfw trucks

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                            (Fire at will - see how much I care).
                            Since you've invited, why is it that you seem to be singleing me out when it comes to trash talking, irrelevant picture/video posting, bullshittery in general? Everyone else can talk as much shit as they want and post irrelevant rap videos all day... but if I post a truck or a derp, you wave the banstick in my face.

I'm fairly certain I can truthfully say that Baker and Solecord don't really care about trucks, herps and derps, and most of the other shit that goes on here, one way or the other.
                            e|------------------------0---------------
                            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                            A|---------------0------------------------
                            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

precisely, this is NOT a fn daycare. I never once banned FOQ for his trolling.

Comment

Working...
                              X