Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSJC Latchford presses F10 for the last time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSJC Latchford presses F10 for the last time...

Dear friends at Quakeone,

It is my sad duty to announce my retirement from the quakeone community.
    due to consistent hardware failiures, file loss and increasingly more limited time constraints I have come to realise that it is time to hang up the keyboard and mouse.
    I have very much enjoyed my time here and have learnt many new skills and made many new skins! I would like to say that I will return with more in the future but as yet, financialy, this would seem to be an impossibility, as it is quite clear I would require a completely new machine! LOL

I will still be around to haunt the forum now and again, to see how others work is progressing but obviously contributions will be limited to observation and freindly encouragement.

I would like to thank everyone for their help, support, encouragement and of course, patience!

keep up the good work and I'll see you when I see you!

kindest regards
    Latchford

Why are you pressing F10? I never use that buttom.

Comment

Hello osjclatchford,

I can fully understand your words. I am many times in the same situation.
      Spending too much time for this old game brought me more than troubles with family in my case.

But hey,
      didnt you and I (several month back) found out that we are addicted to it ?

Hoping that you will stay close to this community.
      You have always been kind and helpful.
      I am sure, we will see us again
      (because you have this virus as well inside of you)

Best wishes,
      Seven

Comment

We will miss ya.

Another one gone
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

thanks guys,

@seven; make no mistake I'll still be around here, just that short of a miracle in the pc department, I'll be out of the skinning-game for more than just the forseable future, also the majority of my files and programs have been lost in the explosion...
          Its just so soul destroying to see all the work that I and others made get destroyed in an instant. At first I honestly thought I might even cry! LOL
          Just like to say again, thanks for all the help over the years and yes; the addiction is still there, you can't get over the quake0ne bug overnight now, can you..?

@bluntz
          thanks, and I have to admit its a huge irony that you chose a queen song for my exit as I am possibly one of the biggest queen fans in the known universe! LOL thanks for seeing me off in style and giving me a laugh too!

@Forestman
          old habits die hard...

Comment

Oh Noes, there is no QUITTING in quake!

There is only "Brief Hiatus" and "Long Hiatus" and "Forever Hiatus" , I presume your aiming for the Forever Hiatus category.

Well, when you get you a shiny new PC, looks us back up !!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

much lols! well maybe only long hiatus, a my wife feels we aught to buy me a high-end laptop in the jan sales and ditch the tower...

not sure where the money's coming from though!

I'm not very hardware savvy so what say you? is a laptop going to be good enough?

Comment

Just make sure it includes a nVidia or AMD graphics integrated solution. I can't stress how much intel sucks at doing graphics.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

many thanks, but at the moment I'm still convinced this lappy is sure to remain a big 'if' for a while! LOL still any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated

Comment

No a laptop is not going to replace your tower.,but it looks kewl and shiny.(at least until you spill your drink on it, or your wife drops it)
                    Last edited by bluntz; 11-08-2011, 02:46 PM.
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

or my wife drops a drink on it! no scratch that I'M the clumsy one, she'd confirm that for sure... I guess its just find somone local who can helpme out and just get a new machine built then. Somehow I just cant quite see me with a laptop, but time and finance will tell eh?

Comment

I agree, getting performance in a laptop packaging is a pipedream. I looked at the cost of laptops on newegg,and for the price of a really nice laptop,you can have an insane desktop for the same price or less in some cases.

Comment

Working...
                        X