Fucking Steam's bullshit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking Steam's bullshit!

I played the new AVP on the Xbox 360 for about a half an hour. Didnt really like it, so I sold it. About a month ago I decided to buy a used copy it for the pc just to see what it looked like.

Well WTF? When did they start locking a game serial key to youre fuking Steam account?!?!?!?!? This thing was a fuking waste of money. I cant do shit with this thing. Those assholes wont even let you install it offline. Why even buy the shit at the store? Fucking irritating! Fuk Steam. What a load of horseshit!
    If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

I think the newest Civ is handled the same way, as well.

Comment

Steam is a bag of crap, I only have it because Portal(1) was free a while ago ...otherwise I'd been avoiding it like the plauge ...even though my PC should run AVP ....nope, I could never get the demo working. So that was BS.
      ----------------------------------------
      NIXON'S BACK!!

Comment

Welcome to the new age of DRM. Some games won't even let you play without an online connection, and have removed lan play entirely. No more trading games. Its all about maximizing the $$!

Comment

the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7v8Se5xrpY]G.A.B.E.N. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I remember back in the days CEOs were bitching about second hand games making them lose income.

I'm kind of split on STEAM. On one hand I love using it, and find it super convenient, on the other it's not sitting to well with me that all my data is owned by Valve and I'm merely 'renting' it -- for lack of better term.

Well, most games you can still get standalone, luckily. It's certainly less obtrusive than Games For Windows or Origins.

My fav webstore for games nowadays is GOG.com for sure.

I know a friend of mine uses a hacked Steam client to play his pirated copies on.
              But I don't know anything about that -- I'm a good boy, I buy them

Comment

Originally posted by Spiney View Post
                I remember back in the days CEOs were bitching about second hand games making them lose income.

I'm kind of split on STEAM. On one hand I love using it, and find it super convenient, on the other it's not sitting to well with me that all my data is owned by Valve and I'm merely 'renting' it -- for lack of better term.

Well, most games you can still get standalone, luckily. It's certainly less obtrusive than Games For Windows or Origins.

My fav webstore for games nowadays is GOG.com for sure.

I know a friend of mine uses a hacked Steam client to play his pirated copies on.
                But I don't know anything about that -- I'm a good boy, I buy them
                I bought avp 1 on Steam and that was my first experience with it. But yea, I had already payed retail for AVP3 once. I definately wasnt going to do it again. If a game deserves it, I will buy it. I have a couple friends that have mod-ed xboxs. They always ask me about doing mine, but I never do. If everyone gets pirated games there wont be any reason to make any great games.

The thing that really gets me is not being able to play without a Steam account. I just recently was able to get the internet on my desktop because I swapped mobos. I mainly used the computer for older games.
                Th
                If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

I was STEAMED once as well. I bought a brand new game at WalMart once in 2005, I think it was Counter-Strike. I had a PC at home but was attending college and couldn't afford an internet connection. The game installed okay but when I tried to play, it wouldn't let me. It said I was supposed to install the rest online at Valve software or something.

Walmart didn't give me my money back either, and back then it was a high-dollar game.

I hate anything to do with Steam as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by sb306 View Post
                    I bought avp 1 on Steam and that was my first experience with it. But yea, I had already payed retail for AVP3 once. I definately wasnt going to do it again. If a game deserves it, I will buy it. I have a couple friends that have mod-ed xboxs. They always ask me about doing mine, but I never do. If everyone gets pirated games there wont be any reason to make any great games.

The thing that really gets me is not being able to play without a Steam account. I just recently was able to get the internet on my desktop because I swapped mobos. I mainly used the computer for older games.
                    Th

That is lies.... for every 1 person who pirates a video game, whether it be console or PC, there are atleast 10 people who still who pay cash money,and always will. My brother in law is like this,and he uses Direct2Drive. One day I borrowed one of his games,and was in the middle of burning a copy,and had obtained his CD key off of the box. He made a huge deal about it.

Proof about Piracy community is outweighed by Legit community?

Battlefield 3 had 3 Million pre-orders. That alone says it was minimum 3million+ to 1 when/if a fully pirated version becomes availible.

Modern Warfare 3,Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game sold 6.5 million copies in the US and UK alone and grossed $400 million, making it the biggest entertainment launch of all time.

I'm one of the largest Pirates of video games, and even I havent Pirated either of these games , nor do I plan on it any time soon.

Battlefield 3 pissed me off when I found out I was gonna have to have sex with Origin to get access to the open beta,which is just a push to make Origin have a "player base" established,and what not a better way than do BF3B , with "Origin" requirement.

No thanks, I'm not even bothered to pirate your games.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I will not pay to get ads shoved up my ass either.
                      Game DRM is the biggest reason I will never preorder any game EVER.
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                        I will not pay to get ads shoved up my ass either.
                        Game DRM is the biggest reason I will never preorder any game EVER.
                        How about a limit to how many times you can install your game?

BioShock 2 increases 5-install limit to 15 - TechSpot News

hahahaha,oh boy. silly developers
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          How about a limit to how many times you can install your game?

BioShock 2 increases 5-install limit to 15 - TechSpot News

hahahaha,oh boy. silly developers
                          In such case i think that limit should me 0

Comment

Working...
                          X