Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What! People still play this game?

... heh, enough said.

Yes, for now. I'm waiting for Quake 5 and Doom 4, hopefully John Carmack will stick to his word and make a sequel to Quake 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
      hopefully John Carmack will stick to his word
      Note: JC never 'gave his word' as in promising anything.
      He merely stated that Id is considering giving the Q1 universe a second look.
      And that's mainly because Id was a bit tired of working on the Strogg universe at the moment.
      Carmack and some other high level petes at Id have stated in the past that they though the Q1 universe was disjointed and unfocused.

Now I love Quake as much as everyone on this site does, and JC said there were some 'strong internal factions' at Id, pushing for that. Seems logical, as I'm sure they've got at least a dozen employees that they got from the Q1 modding pool. So if you add in the Strogg-fatigues, I could see it happening. But keep in mind that JC has had 'freudian slips' in the past... eg remaking Q2 and Q3 with HQ content in a newer engine.

Also, part of me is wondering if the Q1 universe fits in with market trends.

Well, fingers crossed

Comment

JC can lick muuh balllls
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          JC can lick muuh balllls
          I think he is not gay. Are you?

Comment

JC can buy and sell your balls.
            ----------------------------------------
            NIXON'S BACK!!

Comment

I still play pro 3.9 and its still fun

Comment

Originally posted by halm_barte View Post
                jc can buy and sell your balls.
                rofl
                200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
                14/05/1811

Comment

I really don't care how old this game is. It is one of the best games in the universe. There are so many places to explore; the enemies don't get boring. The multiplayer mode runs very smoothly. This game is a legend... No, it is more than a legend!
                  "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                    I really don't care how old this game is. It is one of the best games in the universe. There are so many places to explore; the enemies don't get boring. The multiplayer mode runs very smoothly. This game is a legend... No, it is more than a legend!
                    Quake's like riding a 10-speed bike with flat tires, no breaks and no seat in the hot sun with 50 miles to go. It just so happens some of us make it look good.(Not me of course I don't play Quake.)
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                    X