Gas Prices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices...

OK... They, the media, tell me that gasoline consumption in the United States is at a fifteen year low... yet the oil companies are raising their prices! That just flies in the face of anything you will ever learn about business. I was told by one genus that this was so that they, the oil companies, could maintain their profit margins. (Which is roughly four billion, with a B, dollars per QUARTER) B*ll Sh*t! Lets examine this. Lets just say, hypothetically of course, that all things that currently run on gasoline are now powered by electricity, and that I am the only person left on this planet that has a gas powered lawn mower in their back yard. With this logic in place, I suppose I would have to pay, Oh I dunno, something like a quadrillion dollars a gallon for the gas to mow my yard! After all, they have to maintain that "profit margin". I have always learned that if sales are off, you go out, beat the streets, and you find other outlets for your product or, heaven forbid, have a "sale". Hell, My wife goes to Penneys, Kohls, and Belks all the time cause their having a friggin' "sale". I've never seen a "today only...1/2 off" sign at a gas station.
    Why don't competing gas stations ever have a sale ya think? There's an EXXON station literally right beside a TEXACO station, yet they never compete for your dollar! Why is that? Ever wonder why gas stations, by in large, charge the same thing for gas? In my opinion, their told to by the very people that supply their product. If that aint price fixing I don't know what is! Oil companies have a monopoly on their product and no one will ever convince me otherwise. Why... monopolies are supposed to be illegal in the US you say. Yet I can't put just anything in my tank and make my truck go vroom. I guess that's why it's called a "GAS" tank.
    There are cleaner and greener alternatives to crude oil for our locomotion needs. We just need a few Statesmen in Washington to stand up and grow a set, and fewer career politicians. But then again, four BILLION dollars per quarter buys a lot of politicians...
    *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
    sigpic

Well, what's the price for a gallon at the moment in the U.S.? I calculated the actual price (we have here liters) for gas (Unleaded, 95 Octane) here in germany. The price would be for one gallon about 8,14 US$.

Comment

Comment

I drive an 18 wheeler and i filled up from 1/8th of a tank last night and payed $622.34 for diesel. It was $4.13 a gallon. Im an owner operator and have 4 total trucks. My last year 2011 fuel bill for 1 truck was $136,000-$148,000... All 4 are somewhere in between there. Obama claims there is nothing he can do to prevent fuel cost from rising. Bull turds!! Bush got fuel down to $2.30 a gallon in 2005.. He threatend all fuel companies with interest rate tax on every $.10 cents they profited and fuel prices dropped nearly $.88 cents in a week. If you voted for obama, thanks for screwing up America!

Comment

AMEN!!!

I heard Obama trying to make fun of the Repubs cause their answer to lower fuel costs was to drill. Where does this F$%$KIN IDIOT think gas comes from!? Currently it comes from overseas, where we have to pay all the damn import costs. When you buy gas you are paying for a F%&*%*^&% BOAT to bring it here when you are more than likely standing on top of land that has trillions of gallons underneath it mere miles away.

Oh that's pretty bad but it gets more ridiculous when they raise the price of gas cause some A%%#OLE in the middle of the dessert SAYS something. Something like "We are going to block the strait of Hormuz." They don't even have to actually block the damn thing, all they have to do is SAY IT!!!

F Obummer, F dependence on overseas commerce & F deciding gas prices based on "he said/she said"
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Gas was (and still is) to cheap in the U.S. that's why most of you drive to big and high gas consuming cars. Most people don't need that cars at all but they have it because it's nice to have a big car and gas is cheap. For example my car needs 2,65 Gallons per 100 miles which is not that much. It gets me to work and back.

Gas prices will rise up in the future because this stuff isn't endless. The lower it gets the higher the prices will get. Here in germany the taxes on fuel are about 60% of the price. So most of us here have cars which needs not more than about 2-3 gallons/100 miles.

That's only the car part, we could talk nearly the same for heating (bad isolation) and so on. The problem is that most of you didn't think about energy saving because the stuff is (still) to cheap and in the past you didn't need to think about it at all. We should save oil as much as possible to have more time to find good alternatives. I hope you could get the thoughts out of my poor english writing.

Comment

I understood everything you said bro and for the most part you are right but you are wrong about one thing. Fuel being limited is bullshit, you can synthesize anything these days and "fossil fuels" is a myth. I did a long study about this a while back but I have forgotten most of the facts. Bottom line is that oil i constantly being created naturally. I don't remember how or what the process is actually called (unfortunately) but you can google around and find the info pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
                Gas was (and still is) to cheap in the U.S. that's why most of you drive to big and high gas consuming cars.
                I resent that statement. Maybe we should talk about how americans are known for talking shit, like im shortly about to do

R U SRS BRAH? contrary to popular belief,not all americans are driving fn Hummers , Escalades , and Xterras and the such like that.

Pfft

ps :alternate fuel source ? Ethanol.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  I understood everything you said bro and for the most part you are right but you are wrong about one thing. Fuel being limited is bullshit, you can synthesize anything these days and "fossil fuels" is a myth. I did a long study about this a while back but I have forgotten most of the facts. Bottom line is that oil i constantly being created naturally. I don't remember how or what the process is actually called (unfortunately) but you can google around and find the info pretty easy.

NASA EXPOSES FOSSIL FUEL HOAX <- awesome reading.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Source
                    To recapitulate, Stalin’s team of scientists and engineers found that oil is not a ‘fossil fuel’ but is a natural product of planet earth – the high-temperature, high-pressure continuous reaction between calcium carbonate and iron oxide – two of the most abundant compounds making up the earth’s crust. This continuous reaction occurs at a depth of approximately 100 km at a pressure of approximately 50,000 atmospheres (5 GPa) and a temperature of approximately 1500°C, and will continue more or less until the ‘death’ of planet earth in millions of years’ time. The high pressure, as well as centrifugal acceleration from the earth’s rotation, causes oil to continuously seep up along fissures in the earth’s crust into subterranean caverns, which we call oil fields. Oil is still being produced in great abundance, and is a sustainable resource – by the same definition that makes geothermal energy a sustainable resource. All we have to do is develop better geotechnical science to predict where it is and learn how to drill down deep enough to get to it. So far, the Russians have drilled to more than 13 km and found oil. In contrast, the deepest any Western oil company has drilled is around 4.5 km.

A team consisting of Russian scientists and Dr J. F. Kenney, of Gas Resources Corporation, Houston, USA, have actually built a reactor vessel and proven that oil is produced from calcium carbonate and iron oxide,

Comment

Working...
                    X