Was playing TDM tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was playing TDM tonite

Until enough people showed up to conveniently "not let everyone play" due to the 4v4 rule.

When will you fucking penispumpingquadcampers play 5v5 6v6 / larger /
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

break the observers to another server.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

or, stop being anal retentive captains and let people "Fill In" the player slots. I mean,honestly the server's capacity to serve up piping hot Quake1 multiplayer isn't limited in any capacity to 4v4/8 max players.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yup try and get the obs to another server.. Get a 2v2 or 3v3 going if you have too. Dont put to much effort into it though, some are just there to watch.

Comment

20 minutes of bickering to play a 20 minute match, then listen to people whine like babies. played a tdm match recently, took 35 minutes to start a 20 minute match. much better things to do then wait 35 minutes to listen to (some) people whine the entire match.

Comment

The crctf server on wicked's "wicked.quakeitup.com - Atlanta, GA"
            can utilize a public pickup dm mode. This is lke the old ctf games of the past where players connect and are placed on a team automatically, (depending on scores and number of players), and afte game over, stats are shown (via autostats), and theres an intermission, then a new map loads. Game continues.
            This is how i played quake online ctf for about 5 years, connect and go. For hours on end without waiting nor bitching. DM just needs a newbie push.
            I used to like playing at netdoor simply for its ease of connect and go, but it was only ffa. DM has always had this connect, obs argue who will play, finally play and its a lost cause cause i dont have enough experience
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I agree with ROOK... Being someone that's played Quake sense it's inception, I'm still a little intimidated when joining a dm or tdm server. I don't play often... and I'm old so I forget things easily, (just ask my wife) so it would be nice for a "screen" to pop up when I join a server and give me a choice of what team to join instead of relying on me to remember what numbers to type in the console for the color of the appropriate team I'm supposed to join. I still feel a little stupid when people are waiting on me to type something to join a team. Yeah... I know... all this information is on this site... somewhere... but it would be nice to just join a server and play... kind of like the counterstrike "team join" screen.

"Connect and go" is a good thing...
              *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
              sigpic

Comment

good ole netdoor and it's FFA style. used to love that place.. used to be one of my lower ping's other then the server's i ran back in the day, 97-99 where i ping'd 120-130 on my server's off dialup compared to 160-200 on netdoor. good times for sure. FFA is the old school way to go.

Comment

I think you all are missing Mindz's point. The problem isn't mostly that he wasn't getting to play right then and there, though it was part of it. His main concern is that people are not playing larger team games, which some people prefer. Taking all the observers from one server and simply starting yet another 2s, 3s, or 4s game, while allowing more to play, is just creating more 2s, 3s, and 4s when he really wants some 5s and 6s, hell, even 8s would be pretty bombin. I feel your pain, Mindz.

Comment

Of course, to play anything larger than 4s, people will have to cut their DM3 umbilical cords...

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                      Of course, to play anything larger than 4s, people will have to cut their DM3 umbilical cords...
                      And you know that's just not going to happen.
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

played an 8v8 on lan in the past, e4m3 and dm3.. what a blast and cluster mess it was.
                        we had 5v5 ca a few weeks ago, was great.

Comment

Working...
                        X