No announcement yet.

Second Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine all guns in the US (except for police, army etc.) are gone. Wouldn't it be a better place? Im pretty much with MH and Spike in this thread. Well, european too (germany).

Comment

Imagine????????????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
      Imagine all guns in the US (except for police, army etc.) are gone. Wouldn't it be a better place? Im pretty much with MH and Spike in this thread. Well, european too (germany).
      yeah and imagine katy perry standing over you while she's squirting whip cream out her boob at ya. it aint gonna happen so you can imagine all day if you like.

watch a couple of movies for me grave_digga: shane, hombre and tombstone.

Comment

Originally posted by MH View Post
        I live in a bad neighbourhood. But I'm European so I seriously don't get the obsession with guns that (many) Americans have. It works elsewhere, why can't it work in the US? What's so special about the US that it has this gun thing?
        No in fact it does NOT work,but you refuse to see the obvious.
        Here are just 2 examples and speak volumes about human nature not anything special exclusively American.These 2 countries are not backwards or uncivilized either so they fit your criteria.Let us examine them as case studies in what happens when you force honest law abiding citizens to turn in their arms shall we?
        1.Austrailia
        Crime up Down Under
        Since Australia's gun ban, armed robberies increase 45%.
        Since Australia banned private ownership of most guns in 1996, crime
        has risen dramatically on that continent, prompting critics of U.S. gun
        control efforts to issue new warnings of what life in America could be
        like if Congress ever bans firearms.
        After Australian lawmakers passed widespread gun bans, owners were forced to surrender about 650,000 weapons, which were later slated for destruction.The bans were not limited to so-called “assault” weapons or
        military-type firearms, but also to .22 rifles and shotguns. The effort
        cost the Australian government about $500 million.
        Though lawmakers responsible for passing the ban promised a safer
        country, the nation’s crime statistics tell a different story:
        * Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;

* Assaults are up 8.6 percent;

* Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent;

* In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed
        300 percent;

* In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been
        dropping steadily;

* There has been a reported “dramatic increase” in home burglaries
        and assaults on the elderly.
        2. The UK.
        Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade.
        Gun crime has almost doubled since Labour came to power as a culture of extreme gang violence has taken hold.

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold.

In eighteen police areas, gun crime at least doubled.

The statistic will fuel fears that the police are struggling to contain gang-related violence, in which the carrying of a firearm has become increasingly common place.

Last week, police in London revealed they had begun carrying out armed patrols on some streets.

The move means officers armed with sub-machine guns are engaged in routine policing for the first time.
        Should you dispute the facts I am only too willing to quote the sources.
        Also,
        From your previous response I'd guess you are maybe an Israeli?
        Would you care to discuss the ramifications of disarming that populace?
        Last edited by bluntz; 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

most of those guns are illegaly imported from the US, thus strict gun controls over there would reduce gun-related crime in the rest of the world.
          which is kinda why the UN wants it so much.
          even if they're not banned outright.
          whether it would be good or bad for the US is a different matter, but banning guns in the US would help the rest of the world, at least a little bit.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

You can not blame US for all your goddamn problems. Seems to me YOUR customs department is not doing it's job properly. I get really tired of this picking on USA and blaming US for all the damn problems in the world, like it's somehow magically OUR fault because countries cannot control things. It's convenient scape goat I think... Fix your own problems, you cannot blame anyone but yourselves.

Oh and btw, next time a Hitler and Mussolini come to power, (or the extremists start on you) and wreck Europe... don't come crying to US for help. Remember, you do not want us involved anymore in international wars or affairs.
            Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

What?
              I forgot the USA is the only maker of guns.....
              What a joke.Check again the UK is being flooded with cheap Chinese shit.
              Criminals will always find guns.
              Last edited by bluntz; 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM.
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Imagine all guns in the US (except for police, army etc.) are gone. Wouldn't it be a better place?
                God, no! Suppose some really corrupt politician rises to power and gets all of his buddies in with him. Now, a bunch of shady people rule our country. They can now do whatever they want. Imagine that....you won't have to imagine very hard, as our country is not too terribly far off from this scenario. Which scares you worse?
                Situation A: a burgler is in your house in the middle of the night with a pistol and a nervous trigger finger. Your family is asleep and defenseless. He's at least twice your size has a black belt in Karate. You can't find your phone to call the police, and even if you could, he'd most likely hear you. Scary, eh? Well, at least you're not defenseless. You and your semi-automatic weapon are waiting for him behind the door in the next room...and if you happen to drop him before he can drop you, it's perfectly legal
                Situation B: The local police, army, marines, navy, air force, national guard, NATO, and all the other armed forces are now the ONLY ones armed in the country...and they serve a government that could care less whether you, any of your family or friends, or pretty much anyone in the world but themselves and their own lived, died, or suffered a miserable existance. Oh, and they just passed a law that states that 75% of all of your holdings and earnings go to them. Tomorrow, they're thinking about revoking those silly slavery laws. Next week, they're planning to legalize "shoot first, ask questions later" for any and all offenders of any and all of their laws. Looking at a cop the wrong way could very well get you shot.

Bring on the criminals. My 9 and I are ready.

When the state gains more power than the citizenry, something is wrong. A government's job is to protect its citizens' lives and property, not control them.

Comment

You americans are really crazy. I said imagine, not "it's reality". Just think about it. But i think this "i need a gun, it's my right" stuff is so deep in your mind that you couldn't even imagine how it would be without them. Sorry, my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Fairfield View Post
                    watch a couple of movies for me grave_digga: shane, hombre and tombstone.
                    These are movies. That wasn't even reality back in these days. But i see, you couldn't even imagine how it would be.

Comment

You americans are really crazy. I said imagine, not "it's reality". Just think about it. But i think this "i need a gun, it's my right" stuff is so deep in your mind that you couldn't even imagine how it would be without them. Sorry, my fault.
                      I can imagine it plenty well. The world we live in today is a world filled with people that want to take what belongs to you...your stuff, your privilages, your rights, even your life. If you don't understand that (and I use the word "understand", because what I speak of is fact, not fiction or opinion that you can "believe" in.), you're either a naive fool, or you're in some kind of really pathetic denial. If someone broke into my apartment right now and I didn't have my gun in the drawer next to me, I'd be in a tough spot to defend myself, especially if the attacker had a blade or heavy blunt object, even worse if they had a gun. I, for one, hate thieves, thieves of any kind. Hate them. The world would be a better place without them. If a thief tried to take something from me, you're goddamn right I'd resist. I'm not the kind to just let some low-birth human take something from me.

Comment

It's pointless to argue with people that don't have a lot of rights and are fine with it.

If it weren't for armed "Citizens" this would all be a part of Europe. Maybe Europe is jealous that some of it's Citizenry decided to take over the entire continent and start something where you were actually free. A free sovereign with rights so powerful that every Citizen born inherits a nation and a voice in the decisions of such. A nation that grew to be the most prosperous and powerful on Earth. A nation where every single man, woman and child can pursue their life in/to any direction, place and end they wish.

Instead of even having an opinion about my right to bare arms, you should move to the states and buy a gun. Then you can delight in the fact that millions of other armed people will fight so you can keep it. See, then you would be on the team of the people that actually have guns.

If you prefer the team that brings restrictions to a gunfight, you might want to get your head checked.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of The United States of America (not THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) and to the republic (not democracy) for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty (not liberties - full liberty, singular, encompassing all) and justice for all (we are all equal)

@Europe
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-26-2012, 01:31 AM.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Easiest way to put this, mind your own countires business and stay out of others. You have no part of it to have a right to say anything about it. Your clueless unless you live or have lived in another country to even discuss it. This is the problem with politics, stop worrying about other countries and take care of your own country first, we would not be at war if people minded their own business.

Comment

Social mobility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            Draw your own conclusions.
                            I particuarly like the recent trends (last 50ish years).
                            yay canada!
                            Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                              most of those guns are illegaly imported from the US, thus strict gun controls over there would reduce gun-related crime in the rest of the world.
                              which is kinda why the UN wants it so much.
                              even if they're not banned outright.
                              whether it would be good or bad for the US is a different matter, but banning guns in the US would help the rest of the world, at least a little bit.
                              You keep believing this. China is one of the biggest exporters behind russia of guns to the middle east and europe. Banning guns would be to stop making them and ammo while destroying everything in exsistence. It will never happen. It will never help the world either if a gun ban went into effect here in the USA. Keep getting muppet fed by your useless media. WAKE UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                                Social mobility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                Draw your own conclusions.
                                I particuarly like the recent trends (last 50ish years).
                                yay canada!
                                Canada is very laxed. Better governing system, but its not good because of a gun ban.

Comment

Working...
                                X