No announcement yet.

Holy fuck a cactus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spike: Whilst I have no wish to debate the monarchy with anyone, I will say that many have a different point of view in terms of the Royal family, old or otherwise, and speaking from first hand experience I can tell you that not everyone in the UK shares the rather reactionary one you described. I have not made any judgement or critique on those that produce such material.
    Let us not forget that if it is directed in the right way humour can be a force for good.

/nuff said
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 08-20-2012, 03:38 PM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

sure, not everyone does, but you won't get air time for it.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post

ForestMan, is it really any different from, eg, George Bush _Junior_?
        There is diff betwen monarchy and democracy in every single way

Comment

aye, and there's a difference between the UK democracy and the monarchy. By the true definition of the word, the US is not a democracy either.
          If you actually care about the governance of the UK, go google it yourself. If you're just trying to troll, and you're from the states, then may I point out that Guantanamo Bay's detention camp is still open? Yay democracy!

Anyway, back on topic, freedom of speech is the freedom to say what you want. What it isn't is the freedom to slander or harass, both of which are illegal.
          Just because you're allowed to say what you want doesn't mean you're allowed to go up to their face and give them as offensive a comment as you can come up with.
          If someone came up to you in the street and said something deeply offensive, then its their own damn fault if they get a punch to the face!
          While I'm sure its being chased selectively, I agree with wicked_lord.
          Last edited by Spike; 08-21-2012, 01:58 AM.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
            aye, and there's a difference between the UK democracy and the monarchy. By the true definition of the word, the US is not a democracy either.
            If you actually care about the governance of the UK, go google it yourself. If you're just trying to troll, and you're from the states, then may I point out that Guantanamo Bay's detention camp is still open? Yay democracy!
            No I´m not from states but from big forrest of Sweden. Accualy I see only irony when I hear talk about USA. Here you have a country that totaly extincted whole Indian population, that even until 70s did supress blacks, exterminated in 1 single blow over 250 000 people in Hiroshima and since 90s killed several miljons of people in midle-east... And not mentioning Guantanamo detention camp as you already said.... One can simply put this in this way: That if USA to it then they are heroes of the world.... If Russia or China did do it they would be totaly agressors and terrorist and bla bla bla...

Comment

And since I mentioned Hiroshima and war in midle east I got I feeling that many that served there will feel disrespected and that wasn´t my meaning, in fact I have more respect to US soldiers for they sacrifice and for them serving their country than for anyone in US goverment who made decision to send them there, splitred famlys and so on. And I have no doubt about they bravery and the way in wich most of the pople in USA are personaly involved in this war in way than no swede could understand. I´m not pointing the people of the USA here, I talk about the system or goverment who made the decisions. Yes you can solve many problems with war, but you could to it in other way- thats what I meant and thats what I thinks its so ironic..

Comment

Firstly, I'm sorry for any offense caused by my thinking that you were from the US.

They're just the first country I think of when people are rude about monarchys (large population and all that).
                sweden apparently still has a monarcy too, of course...
                I'm not sure how different the governance of the UK is compared to sweden, as far as I can see there is little practical difference (going by wikipedia, and many things left unsaid, and really weird language about royal stuff that makes no real sense).
                Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                  I may only be 28 but i grew up with a dad who made us fight or get our asses kicked.
                  TOTALLY off topic, but... Wow... I imagined you as a bit older than that. Four rigs at 28... the entrepreneurial spirit is indeed alive... cudos man... damn good job! I started mine at 26... Made in friggin' America... Hell Yeah!
                  *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X