Advertisement on quakeone.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertisement on quakeone.com

The advertisement that is in the upper right hand corner of the site has been one annoying mother fucker. It used to be just a LITTLE box in the corner, which is still there, NOW the advertisement is dropping with like 4 other advetisements below it obstructing my screen on the right. It's very annoying. Anyone eles having this problem? It's not my browser either, i've tried it in 4 different browsers. firefox, IE32, IE64 and Safari.

ANNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOYIIIIIIIIIING

why is their an advertisement about being a social worker...really?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

two reasons worth while.
      Either click the mofo outta those ads on a daily basis or pay sole $$ for hosting this great site, any questions?????

or u can kimp out and get adblockerthing.

wickes is only complaing cause it REALY slows the ipnone connect... i know thats why i have forum saved as a book mark so i can jump right into the juice.

I wouldnt mind paying $50 a year or more so i dont have any ads... saves load time and server bandwidth
      Last edited by R00k; 09-14-2012, 10:41 PM.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

the answer is my awesome ghetto browser that does nothing but view. BUT with my amazing xml technology I can take any html block and turn it to display:hidden with a click and it remembers my choices based on site. Solecord still gets his ad $'s and I don't have to view ads that I will never click.

I don't however have any intention of releasing my ghetto browser of awesomeness.

1) it will not work on a mobile phone
        2) it can ftp to all of my servers with no pass or username
        3) it has some morally questionable abilities that I don't intend to explain and in the wrong hands it could be highly abused

BUT, if you simply learn an OOP language you can easily build your own (@ whomever)
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I think Solecords said he would remove them for around "$10,000".

Jokes on him tho! I'll just download Ad Block Plus!
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Obviously, it must have been something wrong for a few days, because today, since 5am this morning, the ad stays in the top right and doesnt drop down my screen..
            On the iphone i don't even see the ad.

Comment

Occasionally the ad will have some screwed up code. It is what it is. I'll keep an eye on it.

I offered to sell kimp the website for $25,000. He wanted to know my bank account so he could wire transfer the money

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                Occasionally the ad will have some screwed up code. It is what it is. I'll keep an eye on it.

I offered to sell kimp the website for $25,000. He wanted to know my bank account so he could wire transfer the money
                You should have told him you only take cash through the mail.
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I'll buy the site for $7000,0000
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

When will the site start selling GOLD Quakeone memberships? Or maybe make the site go free-to-play and let people read only one thread an hour unless they drop mad cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
                      When will the site start selling GOLD Quakeone memberships? Or maybe make the site go free-to-play and let people read only one thread an hour unless they drop mad cash.
                      Forum time EARNED by actually playing Quake. Wow , best winning suggestion ever. That would isolate a lot of fn TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLURKERS to playing with their puds instead.
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                      X