X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cax.quakeitup.com can bane?

Wicked one,

Let me give you a play by play of my time at your server last night.

CD connects to the server.

CD: Syluxman!
    CD: Perochi!

"CD is banned from server"

I'm told I was banned for trolling the server, but I'm sure you can confirm with anyone that I always greet both Syluxman and Perochi that way on ca servers, because I enjoy ca'ing with both of them and they are good dudes.

I've never messed with a ca game in my life. In fact, I can tell you you wont find any evidence to the contrary. It's your server, so you can obviously hand out admin to whoever you'd like, but if I could give you one suggestion it would be to only hand out admin to someone who is able to exhibit emotional stability and prudence.

What is the deal with all the craziness around here lately? The only sane and rational person with authority around here is Baker, but he is too far removed from the multiplayer scene to notice it.
    Last edited by cd57; 09-28-2012, 08:19 AM.

-snip everything prior for CD-

I looked in the server logs and they apparently reset constantly as it started this morning ; rev and myself was at the top, todays activity the only stuff showing.

Was it just Sylux & Perochi there? Was anyone else there? Neither of those players have admin / couldn't have banned you / If you was in the ban file you wouldn't have even been able to connect (unless you got kimp power) to even say Hi. So are you leaving out something? Can you connect to CAX right now?

Sorry, but apart of me finds it amusing, all things considered, isn't that how QuakeTX run?

"It's your server, so you can obviously hand out admin to whoever you'd like, but if I could give you one suggestion it would be to only hand out admin to someone who is able to exhibit emotional stability and prudence."

I'm pretty sure this describe's Wolv, circa 2012 admin @ QuakeTX servers.

There is so much fucking irony in the whole situation,don't you think?
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-28-2012, 10:11 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

By replying to the post and not even acknowledging the rediculousness of being banned for saying hi to a couple of people, you are either condoning the behavior or trolling. You get all sanctimonious when you feel wronged, but when it happens to someone else, you shrug it off and say "I enjoyed it when you were mute and played under another alias."

Why don't you reply with an opinion on whether I deserved to be banned or if admin should be distributed so liberally.

Comment

i was wondering what was up with that. omi showed up, then it all went to shit.
        thats how i remember. idk if omi is behind it or something, i just remember when omi conencted things went to shit real quick.
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          I would chalk it up to karma catching up to you, but thats just my opinion.
          Why do you edit your posts to change the entire meaning of your original? And karma for what? Sorry for injecting a little levity in the game, it gets dull after a while.
          Last edited by cd57; 09-28-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cd57 View Post
            Why do you edit your posts to change the entire meaning of your original? And karma for what? Sorry for injecting a little levity in the game, it gets a little dull after a while.
            lol
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Do you recall was anyone else on the server, Sylux? Perochi isn't online yet (wtf?) so I can't ask him, I'm going to guess this happened last night after I went to bed heh, but guessing isn't my strong point.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Christ almighty, it's difficult for me to not insult you when you say it's ironic. It would be irony if wolv was the one getting banned, but that's not the situation here. I'm an innocent bystander and its not ironic when I get banned for nothing.

Anytime someone gets banned from a server I'm the first person to defend the banned player, because I like playing pickup games and each time someone gets banned, it reduces the likelihood I can get a game going.

Fortunately, there are players like myself who play almost all of the mods and aren't so shortsighted.

Comment

Yeah, I was banned last night by crow for "trolling." I was just playing a ca match and talking trash. Saw him ban 3 other people, CD and Krix included. I suppose sanity is too much to ask of those whom congregate here, plotting to improve quake while directly participate in its demise. Maybe 4 bans in 10 minutes is acceptable in a game like HL2 where those players are a drop in the bucket. However by running one of several active servers in Quake you have a responsibility as a gatekeeper of the game to act judiciously and appoint level headed people as admins. Note shmack, the most active server, never bans anyone, which is the reason that server still thrives. If you cannot keep your server sane then it is our prerogative to choose a different one to frequent, which will allow a modicum of free speech and unthreatening gameplay for all. Note that I had been banned off this server prior to ever connecting to it. Do you all think this is wise in a community of 30 active players? I propose people start playing at rage again.
                  Last edited by omicron; 09-28-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Also the extent of what I said was "you suck" to perochi in a couple of different ways, after killing him. Do you seek to prevent people from saying "mean" things because competition and slight antagonizing is the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by cd57 View Post
                      Christ almighty, it's difficult for me to not insult you when you say it's ironic. It would be irony if wolv was the one getting banned, but that's not the situation here. I'm an innocent bystander and its not ironic when I get banned for nothing.

Anytime someone gets banned from a server I'm the first person to defend the banned player, because I like playing pickup games and each time someone gets banned, it reduces the likelihood I can get a game going.

Fortunately, there are players like myself who play almost all of the mods and aren't so shortsighted.

Originally posted by omicron View Post
                      Yeah, I was banned last night by crow for "trolling." I was just playing a ca match and talking trash. Saw him ban 3 other people, CD and Krix included. I suppose sanity is too much to ask of those whom congregate here, plotting to improve quake while directly participate in its demise. Maybe 4 bans in 10 minutes is acceptable in a game like HL2 where those players are a drop in the bucket. However by running one of several active servers in Quake you have a responsibility as a gatekeeper of the game to act judiciously and appoint level headed people as admins. Note shmack, the most active server, never bans anyone, which is the reason that server still thrives. If you cannot keep your server sane then it is our prerogative to choose a different one to frequent, which will allow a modicum of free speech and unthreatening gameplay for all. Note that I had been banned off this server prior to ever connecting to it. Do you all think this is wise in a community of 30 active players? I propose people start playing at rage again.
                      Originally posted by omicron View Post
                      Also the extent of what I said was "you suck" to perochi in a couple of different ways, after killing him. Do you seek to prevent people from saying "mean" things because competition and slight antagonizing is the end of the world?

Everything has been explained.

Comment

I think the 1.00 server side upgrade will fix alot of these issues at stake. Im not 100% positive on what is happening while im on the road trying to operate my business, but when krix facebooks me telling me thay myself and wolv are dooche bags and that cd called me a ****y, i personally dont care about being called any names as they dont offend me or bother me to the least. But i am understanding the trash talk part. How hard is it to connect > stfu > play and have fun? I had it out with wolv and i truely hope our issues are solved as i have been unbanned from dm1. I dont want to see anyone banned ony server(s) but crow simply stated trash talk and disrespect was the reason he banned krix, omi, cd off of the west server. Again 1.00 server side upgrade will hopefully fix the issues going on and ill correct the issue here at stake, give me time to work it out as all i have while on the road is an iphone 4s and limited time to keep up with the servers.

Comment

Noboby was banned for trash talk even though some certainly deserved it.What you WERE banned for was trolling the server in the middle of a match.
                          Do not connect just to ruin the CA experience to fill your DM server or you will be banned,and not just the temp bans I gave out yesterday.
                          After you were all banned for it you sent in Retrocade to do your dirty work and I had no choice but stand aside as he took the rest of the players to your DM server.Retrocade did not troll during a match so he was not banned.He used professional courtesy,something the rest of you need to learn from him.
                          CD is leaving out his failed attempt to troll as you all know CD would not be banned by me under normal circumstances but he was caught up in the little bum rush on the CA server with the rest.
                          Nobody is banned,This is the only warning I will give.Don't try it again or the ban will be permanent.
                          TROLL MAD?
                          Last edited by bluntz; 09-28-2012, 01:02 PM.
                          WARNING
                          May be too intense for some viewers.
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                          ---------------------------
                          .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                            I think the 1.00 server side upgrade will fix alot of these issues at stake. Im not 100% positive on what is happening while im on the road trying to operate my business, but when krix facebooks me telling me thay myself and wolv are dooche bags and that cd called me a ****y, i personally dont care about being called any names as they dont offend me or bother me to the least. But i am understanding the trash talk part. How hard is it to connect > stfu > play and have fun? I had it out with wolv and i truely hope our issues are solved as i have been unbanned from dm1. I dont want to see anyone banned ony server(s) but crow simply stated trash talk and disrespect was the reason he banned krix, omi, cd off of the west server. Again 1.00 server side upgrade will hopefully fix the issues going on and ill correct the issue here at stake, give me time to work it out as all i have while on the road is an iphone 4s and limited time to keep up with the servers.
                            I give up. Do you all lack reading comprehension? I didn't talk any trash, that's a fact. If crow tells you otherwise, then he is a liar. Read my initial post and you'l find out why I was banned. Frankly, you giving crow admin to a server tells me all I need to know about your level of intelligence.

How am I connected to Omi in all of this. Are you and mindz stating that if Omi talks trash, that it is grounds for banning me? If you don't believe me, ask Syluxman and Perochi, they were both there and are impartial. At this point I'm not interested in getting unbanned, I'm done playing on your servers. I just want to point out how outrageous the administration of your servers is.

Lastly, I didn't say a negative word about you to krix. I don't know how my name is getting drug in all your lame personal wars with wolv and whoever else. I challenge you to put up Krix's exact quote and have him come here and stand by it. It won't happen.

Comment

CD you are hereby removed from the Order of the Crows.
                              Turn in your jersey at the door and pick up your check on the way out.
                              Reason given is behavior unbefitting an officer and insubordination.
                              Have a nice day
                              WARNING
                              May be too intense for some viewers.
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                              ---------------------------
                              .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X