Baker, no one is going to play on your server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker, no one is going to play on your server

It will undoubtedly be an awful, bastardized version of TDM. We will think it is a joke and shun it. Enjoy playing there by yourself.

^----hemad hahahahahaha.

Furthermore , I'll play at it. Thats where you come in and tell me that I'm invalid or an imbecile ,then I'll retort that It look's OTHER people are gonna play there too, then you'll probably tell THEM they are invalid or an imbecile. I don't see Baker's efforts going un-tested and un-spreadout through the community. You're a complete idiot if you think that the stuff he is working on is limited in scope to 1 DM server.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Ha!

Toys.
      Pram.
      Eject!!!!
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

ill play. its the least i can do after all the work he's done.
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
          ill play. its the least i can do after all the work he's done.
          To be honest, turds like Omicron have no clue.

QUAKEBOARD.NET <- Post that shows how long Baker has been "working to make NetQuake a better place".

Last updated: Wed Oct 15 02:30:17 2003 incase someone wants to skip clicking the link. Baker has been a forced to be reckon'd with for a long time, and I will enjoy this long awaited section of the updates.

Lookin forward to GG's Sylux !!
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

For all baker has done along with.others like rook mh spike and those i have failed to mention i and others will support your efforts even if the product is not used by myself or others its the thought that counts. Unlike omicron the sole turd in this battle over aggression we will prevail and make quake a better place with or without him. I will start an entire new saying. (TRADITIONAL TDM MAY YOU FOREVER R.I.P)

Comment

Ill play, i have learned to enjoy dm. Once u realize its a new mod, u have to only focus on your aim skills from other mods. Get over the hey this is diff, and just roll with the fun of learning new gameplay.
              if u cant aim , bitch, if u bitch we know u cant aim

I just wish Baker and I and MH and Spike or others could have a meeting and make quake5, thats f i win the lottery on saturday

TBH SP is so dead, coop is the next step. multiplayer is the focus of every game company. or it should be imho.
              even back in the day when u played singleplayer u had a little brother watching u... duh let him coop at least.
              bottom line gameplay should be shared!
              Last edited by R00k; 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Unfortunately, games aren't made by engine coders alone. You need those ****y content designers even to just make you a player model. And from there, it all goes downhill because content people always want features and coders always want performance. Just like Romero vs Carmack

Good luck finding enough artists to make a community driven game.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                  Unfortunately, games aren't made by engine coders alone. You need those ****y content designers even to just make you a player model. And from there, it all goes downhill because content people always want features and coders always want performance. Just like Romero vs Carmack

Good luck finding enough artists to make a community driven game.
                  /Mindz picks up rocks and starts hitting FN artists left/right/front/back.

Did you hear enough ow's?

Seriously lol. Did you just say 'Good luck finding enough artists' on these forums? lolol

Comment

hehe
                    ... it was late, 5 beers after, one can dream no? players wont come back to Quake, it would have to be a total conversion that meets tomorrow's standards.
                    But in the mean time a mod that fills in a void wouldnt hurt.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                        TBH SP is so dead, coop is the next step. multiplayer is the focus of every game company. or it should be imho.
                        it is true only if you think gaming as a way of life. Not everyone like the idea of passing one year of constant playing just to avoid that every game finishes 20-0; many people like games for relaxing and unplugging a little from everyday life.
                        This is not what online gaming can give you, because if it does it usually means it is a bad game because you cannot master it.

Instead SP playing is an experience only with you, you can play as you like as long as you like. An no-one should care. (ok, there are people why try to insist to say what is the correct way to play SP games... but they are sick)
                        Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                          it is true only if you think gaming as a way of life. Not everyone like the idea of passing one year of constant playing just to avoid that every game finishes 20-0; many people like games for relaxing and unplugging a little from everyday life.
                          This is not what online gaming can give you, because if it does it usually means it is a bad game because you cannot master it.

Instead SP playing is an experience only with you, you can play as you like as long as you like. An no-one should care. (ok, there are people why try to insist to say what is the correct way to play SP games... but they are sick)
                          I am thinking he meant Single Player should be replaced with a type of COOP in any future endeavor involving "Modernizing Quake1" . I could see a Borderlands 2 type interface occuring where the engine automatically was set to online play enabled , and players could see your Single Player game in progress and could join to make it a COOP. There would be an option for turning it off.

Anyone ever play those Windows 7 games like Internet Spades? The lack of "say what you want" feature is REALLY nice. I garuntee you every time I try to get a GOOD game of Internet Spades in, by the end of the gaming I really have choice words for idiots who either don't know how to play spades or half the time they arent paying attention and takes them like 2 minutes just to play 1 card.

Its your Turn.
                          Hello.
                          Its your Turn.
                          Are you there?
                          Player 1 turns chat off.
                          Player 1 turns chat on.

Comment

one thing i would like to point out concerning quake 5 is that if it is made, id MUST support off-line single player.
                            My Avatars!
                            Quake Leagues
                            Quake 1.5!!!
                            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                              one thing i would like to point out concerning quake 5 is that if it is made, id MUST support off-line single player.

I have my doubts that ID will be our knight in shining armor. I mean, its 2012 and it all began in 1996 , this tells me that I would do better to put stock in a Quakeone.com endeavor before I would an ID Software endeavor.

Way more action has taken place under our own roof.

Comment

Working...
                              X