• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
    no, but there is the old one!!
    Yes, old one is best one.

Comment

I view Quake 1 as important because I am absolutely convinced that no game company would ever make a game like the original Quake.

So, for the kind of gameplay Quake offers, it is this.

Occasionally there is talk of a "Quake 5 reimagining the first Quake" and should they make it, it would probably be like Doom 3 doesn't remind me of Doom and how Half-Life 2 might have been an interesting game, but it didn't really remind me at all of Half-Life 1.

A game like Quake wouldn't sell today. So they would have to mess it up in 25 different ways. They'd do stuff like give the Quake guy a set of binoculars, a sniper rifle, make him move slow, give him "missions", portable health packs, 25 different pistols.

So in the end it wouldn't resemble Quake.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
        I view Quake 1 as important because I am absolutely convinced that no game company would ever make a game like the original Quake.

Occasionally there is talk of a "Quake 5 reimagining the first Quake" and should they make it, it would probably be like Doom 3 doesn't remind me of Doom and how Half-Life 2 might have been an interesting game, but it didn't really remind me at all of Half-Life 1.

A game like Quake wouldn't sell today. So they would have to mess it up in 25 different ways. They'd do stuff like give the Quake guy a set of binoculars, a sniper rifle, make him move slow, give him "missions", portable health packs, 25 different pistols.

Yah no matter how many times I play UrbanTerror,or Borderlands 2,or any other game period,I always crutch on Quake1 because theres nothing like it.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          Yah no matter how many times I play UrbanTerror,or Borderlands 2,or any other game period,I always crutch on Quake1 because theres nothing like it.
          I can second this.. i can play 3 hours of urban terror and think about quake for 4 hours of it lol

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
            no, but there is the old one!!
            Touche. Half full I guess.... Yet... The old levels are so... flat.
            Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Serious Sam 3 is still fairly faithful.... isnt it?
              Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                Touche. Half full I guess.... Yet... The old levels are so... flat.
                Yeah, but the old levels are just that: old. I can agree the sp maps lose there luster, however there are many map makers who are doing some reallly good stuff. Just head over to here, and you will see what im babbling about.
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

If I were to remake Quake 1, I wouldnt go the ultra-realistic approach like doom3.
                  I would lean more to retro-arcade / b-rated movie / cult-nerdville / robot-chicken like.
                  Not to be taken too seriously, yet seriously played too.
                  I think it's kinda funny how on the Start map, to get to the hard level tele u have to jump over lava,
                  though I cant think of another area in the game where you have to jump over death to complete a mission (except red armor on e3m6).
                  It's all run and gun pushing buttons... Would be interesting if it was more like the side scrollers of the 80's, where movement skill was equal to aim.

<maybe>
                  Last edited by R00k; 10-27-2012, 09:39 AM.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                  X