Bluntz is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my motto's.

In the information age, the barriers [to entry into programming] just aren't there. The barriers are self imposed. If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers.

-John D. Carmack
    Quoted in David Kushner, Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture Chapter 16, p. 292.

Laugh at that one bitch
    . There would be no "Doom/Quake" without this guy. Try making something... there's much more to it than 'playing a game.'

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeRoot View Post
      You play a game, I'm making a game. Laugh as loud as you want.
      that i will good sir. good game indeed!

(for the record, i was laughing at what you said, not at you!)
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
        that i will good sir. good game indeed!

(for the record, i was laughing at what you said, not at you!)
        For the 1rst time in this conversation, I actually feel bad. Sorry about that. Been on the offensive too long. Need to start thinking like a person again.

Comment

For the 1rst time in this conversation, I actually feel bad. Sorry about that. Been on the offensive too long. Need to start thinking like a person again.
          We're all still bro's, broseph.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

In the information age, the barriers [to entry into programming] just aren't there. The barriers are self imposed. If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers.

-John D. Carmack
            This is very true.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The name is Luke. I played Quake online for the 1rst time in 10 years last week, and got my ass handed to me. None of ya'll know me, and if you found me; I'd be too busy dying to chat.

I'm more interested in tools the quake engines in GNU have to offer. I'm learning how to code, and making decent headway.

I frankly don't care about anyone's online triumphs. Hurray for you, you're a badass. Good for ya'll. Meanwhile in the BatCave I'm making Quake spin like the top it was designed to be.

What's your name fuck face?
              I never insulted you *fuck face*. Sounds like another pissed off gamer who lives in mom/dads basement and hasnt seen daylight since birth. You join the elite group of turd baggers like omi, & kimp. You came on here to insult someone to begin with and now you want to wage war with the entire community. Your a smart joke arent you? Gotta love that one person who always fucks shit up around here. Hey Your Welcome *fuck face*

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                I never insulted you *fuck face*. Sounds like another pissed off gamer who lives in mom/dads basement and hasnt seen daylight since birth. You join the elite group of turd baggers like omi, & kimp. You came on here to insult someone to begin with and now you want to wage war with the entire community. Your a smart joke arent you? Gotta love that one person who always fucks shit up around here. Hey Your Welcome *fuck face*
                Yes, I came here, saw someone being a jackass, then called them a jackass. I didn't expect it to stir up the ant hill that it did. Bluntz has friends & fans, people got his back, we should all be so lucky. In my defense, I did make it clear that he was talented.

I'm 33, I have mortgage, a great wife and two kids. According to some of your posts, you have a trucking company, a wife, and a kid. Good for you, I send props. As far as swearing goes, it's part of the process sometimes. Hopefully we're done cursing each other - I hope so, I've got a lot of work to get done today, I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsK...feature=relmfu

Comment

My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Yes, I came here, saw someone being a jackass, then called them a jackass. I didn't expect it to stir up the ant hill that it did. Bluntz has friends & fans, people got his back, we should all be so lucky. In my defense, I did make it clear that he was talented.

I'm 33, I have mortgage, a great wife and two kids. According to some of your posts, you have a trucking company, a wife, and a kid. Good for you, I send props. As far as swearing goes, it's part of the process sometimes. Hopefully we're done cursing each other - I hope so, I've got a lot of work to get done today, I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsK...feature=relmfu
                    Plenty to do. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Working...
                    X