Fans shocked by Disney-?Star Wars? takeover | Movie Talk - Yahoo! Movies

.....FOK!!!!
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

WoahBroooo

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.

So Star-Wars will succumb to a "World where everything is drawn by Disney" possibly.

What does this mean for Clone Wars??
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-31-2012, 08:40 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      WoahBroooo

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.

So Star-Wars will succumb to a "World where everything is drawn by Disney" possibly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-sn***2JH8

What does this mean for Clone Wars??
      i hear they might put clone wars on...disney xd....FOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Does this mean the next SW movies include singing as a main element?

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
            It's already happened.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXcb7VPw59s]The Star Wars Holiday Special - "Happy Life Day" (197 - YouTube[/ame]

And now you will want to gouge your own eyeballs out.
            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

In case you guys weren't in on it, Disney also owns Marvel, who have recently kicked out a few very good action/adventure movies, 'Avengers Assemble' being one.

I'm looking forward to it. I used to be a big Star Wars fan, but that part of me died a slow and horrible death during the Prequels. If any of you want a taste of what it could look like, check out the cinematics for The Old Republic game that Blur studios did.

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                In case you guys weren't in on it, Disney also owns Marvel, who have recently kicked out a few very good action/adventure movies, 'Avengers Assemble' being one.

I'm looking forward to it. I used to be a big Star Wars fan, but that part of me died a slow and horrible death during the Prequels. If any of you want a taste of what it could look like, check out the cinematics for The Old Republic game that Blur studios did.
                Thats not even half true broseph.....

Originally posted by Some Internet Person
                But that isn’t all – Fox’s studio also has dibs on anything Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer. [For the heavy comic book readers, that means a Civil War movie is likely out of the question. Probably any "Marvel Event" is out of the question.] It’s been some time, but the wounds haven’t healed from the public’s viewing of Daredevil and Elektra. A Daredevil reboot (with Jason Statham expressing interest in becoming “The Man Without Fear”) was in the pipeline some time ago but recently the project’s been quiet. Due to outdated contracts and loopholes, Marvel has their top tier characters at Columbia Pictures, Lions Gate Entertainment, New Line Cinema and the aforementioned, Fox.

We’ve seen the flipping images of Marvel’s title sequence for a number of years now. Co-productions between the indie studio and majors began in 1998; now Blade, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Punisher and Spider-Man are subsequently licensed elsewhere. Thus, creative control is out of hands of its comic book roots.

The first character was Blade, at New Line Cinema. After three pictures and some legal troubles between Daywalker-actor Wesley Snipes and the studio, it looks like that film run is over. Whispers of Blade IV, or a spin-off involving the Nightstalkers, were circulating some months ago but nothing concrete has surfaced. The Spike TV series was canceled due to a number of unconfirmed reasons so the Blade property, at this point, is pretty dead – but that doesn’t really stop vampires.

As an interesting tidbit (which will be elaborated upon shortly) during an alternate ending of the first Blade, a shadowy figure on a distant rooftop wrapped in rags has said to be the Marvel’s resident vampire Morbius.

Columbia Pictures (Sony Pictures) is in control of two properties, all things Spider-Man and Ghost Rider. Last appearances of both characters was in 2007, which can explain the seemingly random development updates for a Venom solo project, Spider-Man 4 and Ghost Rider 2. If Columbia has any interest, they can take Black Cat or Carnage and introduce them in the next film; the same applies to Blackheart, Abigor, Wallow and Gressil. As a general rule, any time a studio introduces a comic book character, they have the rights to produce a spin-off or include that character in a sequel of some fashion.

So Morbius, who Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has said to be interested in interpreting, may have some problems if the character isn’t cleared with New Line Cinema.

If Columbia Pictures wanted to be a little ballsy, they could go after the entire Blade package and shoot Midnight Sons–the fictional team of Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Blade, Hannibal King, Morbius and Doctor Strange. Wait… then again, should another studio (that’s not Marvel) be in charge of a project like that? Never mind.

Marvel also has regained the rights to Luke Cage from Sony Pictures, so the possibility of a Heroes for Hire movie with him and Iron Fist is not out of the question. Universal has the rights to Namor, but they may be willing to let it revert back to Marvel in exchange for distribution rights.

And the final studio that’s exercised Marvel film property, responsible for 2005′s Man-Thing and last year’s Punisher: War Zone, is Lionsgate Entertainment. After a quiet release, there’s been little movement with nature’s monstrous creature. There are few characters independently introduced through the Man-Thing comics, so there isn’t much to do in terms of a spin-off. Elsewhere, Frank Castle may be up against Barracuda in a possible sequel but no official release has been issued by the imprint. The lackluster reception, being the lowest grossing film based on a Marvel Comic property will do that to ya, gives high hopes that the project will be moved elsewhere. Keep in mind the project was just last year, so if you had hopes of Wolverine and Punisher sorting out their differences on the big screen-like yours truly-it’ll be some time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post

Disney owns Marvel?? Now THAT is what I call news! To be honest, I haven't seen Avengers Assemble; so I can't say whether it is good or bad.

I am still a Star Wars fan. (Do you remember Star Wars Monopoly?) I still have the CD, but I haven't played it in years. As for the movies, I find them decent. (Only decent) I'm sorry, but I don't really like outer space movies. I'm more of an action/adventure/comedy kind of guy. (I love movies that have a lot of kung fu fighting.)

Disney and Star Wars? They just don't go together; they are two very different things. It's kinda like putting vanilla on a grilled hamburger. (I like vanilla and I like grilled hamburgers, but I wouldn't put them together.)
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

List of assets owned by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                      Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
                      Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
                      [edit]Motion pictures
                      Walt Disney Pictures
                      Disneynature
                      Touchstone Pictures
                      Lucasfilm
                      Industrial Light & Magic
                      Skywalker Sound
                      LucasArts
                      Lucas Licensing
                      Lucas Learning
                      Lucas Books
                      Lucasfilm Animation
                      Lucasfilm Animation Singapore
                      Lucas Marketing
                      Lucas Online
                      *Merger is announced, but not official. As of October 2012, the deal has not passed through anti-trust regulation. -->
                      Animation
                      Walt Disney Animation Studios
                      DisneyToon Studios
                      Pixar Animation Studios
                      Disney Music Group
                      Walt Disney Records
                      Hollywood Records
                      Disney Music Publishing (see Disney Music Group page for a list of publishers That are part of Disney Music Publishing)
                      Disney Theatrical Group
                      Disney Theatrical Productions
                      Disney Live Family Entertainment
                      Music Theatre International
                      Disney on Ice - produced by Feld Entertainment
                      Disney Live - produced by Feld Entertainment
                      Disney Character Voices International
                      [edit]Disney Studio Services[2][3]
                      Studio Production Services
                      Walt Disney Studios (Burbank)
                      Golden Oak Ranch
                      Prospect Studios
                      KABC7 Studio B
                      Studio Post Production
                      Disney Digital Studio Services
                      Marvel Entertainment
                      Marvel Characters, Inc.
                      Marvel Studios
                      Marvel Music
                      Marvel Television division
                      Marvel Animation
                      MLG Productions 1 - MLG Productions 7
                      Marvel Anime Partners (July 2010[20]-2012)
                      Marvel Animation Studios (2012–present)
                      SH DTV Partners (2012[4]-present)
                      Marvel Film Productions LLC (Delaware)
                      MVL Productions LLC: an indirect wholly owned film development subsidiary
                      MVL Film Finance LLC: holder of Marvel's Movie debt and theatrical film rights to the ten characters as collateral.
                      MVL Rights, LLC: subsidiary holding movie rights of all Marvel Characters with some on contract with MVL Film Finance
                      Iron Works Productions LLC: subsidiary holding debt to finance the Iron Man films.
                      Incredible Productions LLC (Delaware): subsidiary holding debt to finance the Incredible Hulk film
                      MVL Iron Works Productions Canada, Inc. (Province of Ontario)
                      MVL Incredible Productions Canada, Inc. (Province of Ontario)
                      Asgard Productions LLC (Delaware)
                      Green Guy Toons LLC (Delaware)
                      Squad Productions LLC (Delaware)
                      MVL Development LLC (Delaware)
                      Marvel Entertainment International Limited (United Kingdom)
                      Marvel Internet Productions LLC (Delaware)
                      Marvel Property, Inc. (Delaware)
                      MRV, Inc. (Delaware)
                      MVL International C.V. (The Netherlands)
                      Marvel Worldwide, Inc.
                      Marvel Comics
                      Icon Comics
                      MAX
                      Ultimate Comics
                      Marvel Press
                      Marvel Toys division
                      Marvel Toys Limited (Hong Kong)
                      10 bucks says that a "Disney Star Wars Film" doesn't fly under the banner/logo DISNEY.

Just like you WONT see Wolverine turn into a huge p-u-s-s-y because of his character being owned by Disney. PUH-LEASE people, just because Disney is now at the Helm doesn't mean you're gonna get a "Disneyfied Star Wars" , lol.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsK537mAqc]Hitler Finds Out About Disney Buying Star Wars - YouTube[/ame]
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                        X