No announcement yet.

Dear Splitterface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the most part, human beings are social creatures. And we all have to "fit in" in some aspect to communicate with each other! Otherwise, communication will be difficult
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

This is all so well writen that I can't understand all the idea since my English is far than perfect... (I mean you can always go "simple" but if you can afford "sophesticated" why not).

I just want to say... I have heard that love and hate are same "emotions" so it could mean there is nothing wrong with "hating" (venting).

The only one thing that could be wrong is "ignoring" (someone/something/etc.).

In advertising they say something like "talk about me... in good or in bad (IDGAF) but just say something.

Comment

I don't change for anyone but me...
        Flexible objects tend to be the most durable. If you can't bend, twist, flex to accommodate your environment, you will almost surely break eventually. In contrast, being too rigid may break everything around you, leaving you with no purpose.

Unless you intend to live in seclusion, your M.O. is inferior.

'cause even though I'm sure as hell too smart to wind up dealing with it
        Why are you so positive of this? It would seem that you only think this is true, cause here you are turning one image (that I'm sure was posted in jest), into an event. Get a grip, man. Your posts are long and full of rambling - you are the guy that talks way too much, droning on and on in real life.

I know that sounds bad and maybe it is... Just know that I am not attacking you or even trying to be a jerk. I can only form opinions on what you give me to work with. if you don't like my observation, you need to realize that you put these thoughts in my head.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-04-2013, 01:46 AM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

You are still totally inaccurate.

Just because I'm the one who presented these thoughts to your mind doesn't mean they are accurate.
          You may read what I write in its entirety but that doesn't make you the typo of thinker to really understand it.

I wasn't talking about that I'm too smart to be dealing with it but that I FELT like even though I should be more then well smart enough to avoid dealing with it I still wind up dealing with it somehow... and couldn't figure it out.
          Again you are disproportiating the meaning of individual parts of phrasing over what they actually mean put together... my advice to you would be to read more 'all at once' and focus that much more on what is meant by what is said than what it SOUNDS like is meant... to better avoind this 'disproportiating the parts used to express meaning over the actual meaning expressed by how they are put together' effect.

And, yes, I was making a disproportionately large case over an individual use of an image macro that was just a rude joke.
          However it was for good reason and I've already explained why it was.
          As I said I had had issues before (and continuing up to that point) that what Splitterface was doing is not at all unlike... and that I was expecting different of QuakeOne forums... and thus that I felt more need to pre-empt it and 'be sure' about it.
          Probably all I did WRONG was then happen upon your thread with apparently the same issues I had had... and then continue the conversation from my own recent encounter... which I guess was lame.

Finally then you've told me that I make long and rambling posts... implicating that it's ME who is the one who drones on and on in life... that it's my fault for the grief I get over post length, this whole bag, I get that.
          I don't ramble in my posts... They are long but they are coherent and thoroughly expressing what is said... just because they are long doesn't mean they don't mean anything PER THE AMOUNT BEING SAID, you've identiifed your way of making longer posts yourself, you should get this!

Why are you now taking the side I've seen others take in the past?
          Those that weren't the unindependently thinking haters who gave you grief for amusement and becaues they could get away with it from being the majority side on things...
          but that were the ones who saw all this and knew the issues and then insisted on the other side anyway, to them,
          telling them that even though they may not be right they can't be changed about it anyway so they might as well learn how to adapt and live with it?
          This whole deal?
          Someone who knows the issues and then advises them to adapt to it rather than helps them fight against it?

I had supported your side on this in an ingame conversation with ANOTHER player who had had the same issues themself... and backed you up and mentioned this conversing between me and you about it (that had happened so far) not but 1 hour before I made this post...
          Now you are coming back and conflicting with my side after all the hopes I had you would be better able to understand.

Fine, be that way, go on and 'become one of them' after appearing at first as 'someone who actually understood and could help' and then adding to the 'dissapointment of losing them to the other side... that you never get used to... even as it happens time after time'...
          You wanna go from being someone who actually 'got' these issues to someone who just resigns to hating on me for having them same as with the greater half of everyone else,
          passing up an opportunity to better relate to someone over having had the same issues to instead advising them on how to change themself, contacting and bringing it up all the time and under some notion that they are all 'right' about it and junk, not even sparing them things to point out in individual details they can use to support their case, like when maybe they demonstrate more of the issues on forums, then they point in the face that that's the shite tehy were talking about (like some asshole),
          then go on and make that whole side change on me.

Maybe I'll take your advice and take this time out to 'distribute' who I talk to as opposed to mererely arguing back outright every time... that whole 'change in apporach'... starting with YOU!
          You yourself being the one who 'finally got me to change' in how I HANDLED these issues... even if not in how I actually talk to people. You should be honored.

I don't wanna hear ''brevity is a virtuous character trait'' and ''you only give them more to use against you when you try to fight against them directly'' or some Silver Surfer BS about how the way of the Universe is the way of acceptance...
          I don't want some fucking ancient wisdom about the futility of dealing with stupidity and the misery that comes when you oppose the futility and the agony of that you disagree that you should get the misery taht comes from opposition to that there is the futility...
          I want ANSWERS to these questions, how they work in our society, exactly why it is that these things happen the way that they do!
          I don't want EXPLAINATIONS on why I should change... I want EXPLAINATIONS on WHY THESE THINGS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE and then HOW, FROM THAT THEY ARE THAT WAY, IT THEN MAKES IT that it would be more rewarding for me to change to be that way!

I don't care if it's too long for most poeple to read and too complicated wording for most to understand! There's no shorter way to put these things into words! I wouldn't even write things shorter anyway even if they could be written shorter!
          Why can't someone just be a fucking ALLY and FIGHT WITH ME against these issues... and not just some unasked for (and often quite hostilely so) 'advisor'... like a vigilanted coach who pops in on a struggling player, already battling themself for their own not doing well, where just about the last thing they need is someone else to come in to try and tell them what they are doing wrong... when they didn't even ask for it... and it's not like they aren't making the same derogatory pointing out of 'what you're doing wrong' to themself!
          You want to help me out here MadGypsy? Then STOP resignign to merely telling me that ''oh but you're not infallible either don't forget that'' like that isn't already one of the many myriad of things running through my head as I'm so consistently struggling with these issues.. and DO GO OUT and FIGHT WITH ME...
          Argue against others with me! Take on others' counterarguments and disect them as I do! Back up my claims as I support yours! Poke holes in others' logic as I do! Do go out and get pissy with others and make the mean snarky comments to maybe better point out the hypocrisisies in it all!

I don't care if it's totally the wrong approach and will only make things worse by feeding back into the system the same agression head-on to the problem that only made it worse before!
          I don't care if it isn't the same as YOUR APPROACH!
          I won't stop you from you doing things your way for YOURSELF so why can't YOU SUPPORT ME in how I do my approach?
          If you really think you understand my issues even CLOSE to as well as I do myself... then STOP just 'trying to help' by offering YOUR stance on it... and help me fight my battles!

I don't care if not being willing to at least make SOME CHANGE to 'get along' in society despite not agreeing with it DOES IN FACT, break me, as a brittle object is faster to break than a flexible one!
          I will TAKE THE SUFFERING that comes with being who I am and not changing just to 'fit in' to Society!
          You were better at dealing with the SAME ISSUES in your way, you won't suffer as much from the same issues I face, what could you possibly lose from helping me fight DIRECTLY and not just 'helping me to change'?
          I don't NEED an unasked-for MENTOR... I need a companion to be part of my attack force in trying to reason with the unreasonable!

I know it's an unwinnable fight I'm only fighting anyway because I don't know any better way to deal with it!
          I've claimed that myself! So why are you then claiming that that's why I do things this way even after I've already made that point myself?
          You like a challenge don't you?
          Won't you HELP ME in my unwinnable and neverending and insufferable fight to reason with the unreasonable through outright arguing above anything else?

Read this whole post, MadGypsy, in its entirety, and multiple times over, until there is not even one line that you missed individual parts of in the STRUCTURING of how its meaning was expressed.
          Then once you have read it enough to be sure that you read it all and didn't miss anything... READ IT ALL AGAIN! FIVE TIMES if you have to.
          Then, AFTER THAT, begin reading it ALL AGAIN just a FEW MORE TIMES and COUNT, just COUNT, how many differences in understanding of what it meant you encounter after each time you read it.
          Until such time as there is not ONE SINGLE DIFFEERENCE in understanding you yourself half from reading the post... from the last time you read it to the current time you read it... then keep re-reading it.

Procedurally. To degrees of tolerance. To be sure that you have understood it as far as the TYPE OF THINKER you are will allow... and that ONLY what you actually CAN'T UNDERSTAND is why you do or do not get parts of it... as opposed to ANY AMOUNT of not having FULLY read it all...
          Then, and ONLY then, after you have done ALL OF THAT...
          come back... and tell me... in your next post...
          That I am rambling, that my posts mean nothing, that there is in fact a severely lower TOTAL RATIO of how much meaning is expressed to number of lines used soleley because there were so many lines.

Go on, after all that, try and find it in yourself to claim to me 'to my face' that my posts are meaningless JUST BECUASE they are so long.
          This post is 56 lines in length, 88 including 'line breaks', so it should only take about 6 to 7 minutes to read it all without skimming... It should take only 2 to 3 hours to follow all the steps explained 2 paragraphs (for lack of a better term) above... If you want to 'prove me wrong' that I 'RAMBLE' in my posts so bad well then I've laid out for you all the steps you will have to take in order to prove it. You can't prove me wrong that my posts are rambling just because they are wrong just from your OPINION of it... However if you take the systematic apporach, as laid out by the poster in question themself, you can't possibly be wrong IF you actually do go out and do it all and STILL determine that they are 'RAMBLING' in what they write...

I may not be able to prove I'm not rambling but you can't prove that I am. I may not be able to prove to you that you are wrong but you can't prove to me that you are right. I may not be able to convince everyone else who gives me grief over 'who I am and how I think and how I talk to people' of how they are wrong to do it and make them change to not do it to me but they can't prove to me that I am wrong for 'who I am and how I think and how I talk to people' is wrong... and that they are the ones who suffer more... and that I should change from it to 'get along' better in Society.
          That is why I fight outright. That is why I willfully and knowingly take an approach that time and time again proves to only make things worse and not better even in the midst of others with the same issues themself who have a better approach and suffer less because of it. I suffer and suffer and suffer for this when I could so easily just do things differently without even giving up any of myself or how I talk or what I believe in to do so all to make a point. They cannot prove to me that they are right any sooner than I can prove to them that they are wrong. All they do is come closer to proving my point that they are the ones who are wrong by demonstrating that they are less good people than I am in the process...

Comment

yanno, your behaviour reminds me an awefull lot of my little brother in RL,
            and not in a good way at all.

someone makes a little joke and you instantly victimize yourself, acting like as if something horrible was done to you because someone made a joke which you didnt get.
            and acting like as if you have to think you have to put up your war-missiles ready to defend yourself at whoever made the joke as if its a terrible wrong they did by making this joke.

get this thought out of your head, this isnt true. you do not have to prove yourself, you were not attacked, someone merely made a joke at you cuz of something you said.
            so just give it a rest. i was merely making a joke, i was not attacking you in any way or such. so just let go of it, wont you please?

also, you obviously didnt even read this thread before posting here. gypsy made this thread some time ago cuz he was going on some religious off-topic talk in a thread and i asked him to move it as so the thread wouldnt be derailed more
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

yeeeaaaaah... you ramble on endlessly bro. I could sum up all of your posts in this thread within just a few lines.

your trilogy summarized:

I feel your pain Gypsy. I have had problems on other forums because I am misunderstood. I wish people were more patient to accept people for who they are, as opposed to who they expect them to be. I find myself at the center of negative attention often and whereas I know I should ignore it, that is a very hard thing for me to do.

the end.

relax Rambly McRambleson

PS> I ramble too. The difference is that I don't feel the need to deny it as a fact or treat it as something to be ashamed of. The truth sets you free, bro. I am well aware an honest about how much I do/don't suck. You should try it. It's very liberating.

~: "Gypsy, you talk way too fuckin much."
              me: "Yep, let's discuss that in great detail with me leading the forum."
              ~: "So, you want to talk about the fact that you talk too much?!"
              me: "Yep."
              ~: "Imma have to learn to keep my opinions to myself."
              me: "Yep."

LOL!

also, you obviously didnt even read this thread before posting here. gypsy made this thread some time ago cuz he was going on some religious off-topic talk in a thread and i asked him to move it as so the thread wouldnt be derailed more
              That's not exactly why I posted this. I posted this as an open letter to you where I (primarily) introduced myself to you and made our "relationship" more personal. In a sense you could sum it up like this:

"Hi. Here I am directly before you. I'm not an avatar an an online personality. I am real. Whatever problems you have with me can now be addressed to me directly as a person. Now you can face me as Michael the fellow human, instead of MadGypsy the forum member."

However, If I had mod/admin privs I would lock this thread. My thread to you was not intended to be used as a Splitterface whipping post and I don't really appreciate H1CC bringing it in that direction.
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-04-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

WOW, just WOW!

This is a forum dude, for a game, called Quake... it's supposed to be FUN! I don't know what that wall-o-text above reads, as it's beyond a ramble, but I'm pretty sure it as far as from FUN as you can get.

Locking this thread isn't enough, just DEL the whole thing!
                Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Well he reminds me of me, I am a loner but i could accommodate to my environment, i just wouldn't talk much.
                  I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                  But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler234 View Post
                    Well he reminds me of me, I am a loner but i could accommodate to my environment, i just wouldn't talk much.
                    Could you please rephrase that with another 4742 words You know, just for clarity!

Comment

DAMNage, that's hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by damage_inc View Post
                        Could you please rephrase that with another 4742 words You know, just for clarity!
                        dick move imo. you are gonna make fun of the guy?
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I'll lose less than you will...

I pride myself in my unending abilities at making 'long and angry posts'.
                          Anyone who winds up across them has no choice but to either read them all or spite me for it.

They COULD just not bother reading them and then NOT spite me for it... but they never do that now do they?
                          I won't say that I'm not the one who suffers more, but I can withstand more emotional pain than they can, so I suffer and suffer and suffer to argue back outright every time...

Maybe someday people will catch on and stop giving me grief because they are GUARANTEED to get annoyance back (as opposed to a general risk).
                          If not, well, that just adds detail to the unendingly unfolding story of my life...

Comment

Working...
                          X