Steam = Steamy Pile of Shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam = Steamy Pile of Shit

Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 03-28-2013, 10:59 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

From Urban Dictionary, March 28: MeDD

steam

1. Noun. The gaseous form of water, H20.

2. Noun. An excellent idea that manifested itself in an extremely buggy and sometimes stupid program. Automatic patching? Great! A friends network? Why didn't they think of that before? A program slower than a sloth? Not good.
    1. James Watt was principle in the development of an engine working using the pressure of super-heated steam.

2. Steam took too long to update itself, so the uber-1337 WON veteran Jimmy smashed his computer, before realising that he could just shut down steam and play Counter-Striike 1.5

Why does Friends Network work only about 25% of the time?
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

I'm not spending a single cent for titles that run on Steam. I made that mistake once when Half Life 2 came out. That was the first and last time.

I'd love to play Alice Madness Returns, but it's a Steam title, so it can f* itself. I don't care one second for all that online crap I'll never use, I don't WANT my software to autopatch, I don't want "friendlists" for videogames (I don't have a Stasi.. err Facebook account either), I don't want my singleplayer games to require an internet connection, I don't want to go through all the bullshit I'd have to, if I want to install something on different PCs I own, I don't want to buy anything that's in digital form only,... I'm not paying for restrictive crap like that.
      The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
      - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by Inkshock View Post
        I'm not spending a single cent for titles that run on Steam. I made that mistake once when Half Life 2 came out. That was the first and last time.

I'd love to play Alice Madness Returns, but it's a Steam title, so it can f* itself. I don't care one second for all that online crap I'll never use, I don't WANT my software to autopatch, I don't want "friendlists" for videogames (I don't have a Stasi.. err Facebook account either), I don't want my singleplayer games to require an internet connection, I don't want to go through all the bullshit I'd have to, if I want to install something on different PCs I own, I don't want to buy anything that's in digital form only,... I'm not paying for restrictive crap like that.
        https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...3160-agcb-2555

I would rather patch it then let my games be exploited, besides it could fix some glitches but can become annoying and can break your mods (thats what bugs me)
        I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
        But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

I havent had any problems with steam. Though After i play the game that uses steam, i just turn off steam. Same with "origin" from EA and Batttlefield3..
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I use Steam because it makes gaming dirt cheap. Even if I get screwed over it's more like buying a bad sandwich.

Comment

I never had a problem with Steam... I don't keep up with the latest and greatest, so I buy games at $5, like Terraria or Dungeon Defenders, and play for hundreds of hours. I also got well-known titles like BioShock for $5, and maybe one day I'll play it... it's in the list like the six other games I've never even installed... then, those dang humble bundles just piled it on top of that... oh, woe is me.

Comment

I don't have a Stasi.. err Facebook account
                Oh you're a terrorist. You apparently don't like being profiled and watched by the government. What do you have to hide?...and don't use that stupid privacy excuse. Privacy is not safe. If you aren't sharing every minute of your day online then the government has little means to determine if you will harm someone. I'm gonna report you like Janet Napolitano said I should in her "see something, say something" campaign.

I am threatened by your privacy and desire to maintain your rights. It just isn't safe these days. Wasn't it Benjamin Franklin that said:

"Those who will give up their rights for security, deserve a reward for being a good American."

That's what it says in my childs 2013 edition history text book, so you know it is a fact. Are you against our founding fathers? I am so American that I believe in everything they did, which is why, when Obama told me that the founding fathers didn't intend for the constitution to apply to a more advanced society, I was one of the first ones to start voting away our rights for a safer America.

You should move to Iraq and join the taliban. Don't join the syrian taliban though cause thats completely different. We fund and arm that taliban. You need to join the other taliban - the one that blew up new york on 9/11.

Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-07-2013, 02:43 AM.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I would rather patch it then let my games be exploited
                  I patch my software too, but I want to decide myself what I want to patch and when to do it. I don't want some software to take care of that because it usually either comes at times when I can't need it, or it annoys me with popups.
                  I don't play anything online and I have a PC that isn't connected to the internet at all, only my laptop is - what's there to be exploited, all Steam is in this case is an unnecessary nuisance.
                  For me, Steam is a dealbreaker. I don't play videogames often, but when I do, I spend my money elsewhere. Mainly on PS Vita these days.
                  Maybe I'll buy a used PS3. I could play Alice on that without it logging, saving and selling information on my play habits to the evil, devil-worshipping corporate conglomerates

You should move to Iraq and join the taliban. Don't join the syrian taliban though cause thats completely different. We fund and arm that taliban. You need to join the other taliban - the one that blew up new york on 9/11.
                  I just can't decide if I should move to Afghanistan or North Korea. Cuba is said to be nice too, at least the weather is and the cigars are nice. But then again Iraq has very good baklava. All these choices...

I have never had facebook/google+/pintrest/twitter/ etc. I keep up with friends and family via phone or txt.
                  I keep up with friends via pubs
                  I don't have a smartphone either, so not only am I a privacy-terrorist, I'm a bad capitalist as well - and now excuse me, I have a few issues of the collected works of Lenin left to read
                  The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
                  - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

I haven't turned my phone on in 41 days. So I got you beat. I don't have a phone at all. However, this is not because I can't afford $55. This is because I have better things to spend $55 dollars on than a phone that I use 39 minutes a month. Actually 2 "on-periods" ago I didn't use it at all.

I even made a joke about it at work today. Someone, didn't show (which is a damn virus at work) and the boss made a comment (about me) that I always show up. My reply was "it's because I can't call in."
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                    X