• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After finding out i cannot add a better cpu to my comp

My reaction:

The company's:

*sigh* emachines, imma disappoint.....
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

I had a pain of a time trying to help my brother-in-law upgrade his Wal-mart quality emachines. Theoretically it should have been able to support a nice video card that had been donated by my brother, but we could never get it to work; even after upgrading the power supply too. Meh.

Comment

Crap like this convinced me to build my own PC's.
      Honestly, a lot less issues also. It's like they put in crap on purpose.

Comment

I was gonna upgrade this badboy.
        granted that it's huge, but the bigger the better i suppose.

Comment

I will never buy a pre-fab computer, bar laptops. That's a no brainer, but yah. You guys are definately right, then again , I put my faith in backwards compatilibty / forward compatibilty with the whole AM2+/AM3 -> going forward I figured via Bios update I would be able to run AM3+ but that was reserved for newer chipsets and my AMD 785 / 710SB motherboard did not fit the bill.

It's true,its impossible to future proof your PC purchase, what you CAN do it maximize the amount of time you're allowed to continue upgrading your PC by swapping out individual components, like for CPU the first thing you should pay attention to is the socket its on and how long into that sockets lifespan your in. Ideally, you'd want a socket thats in its infancy. They made a 6core Phenom II and thats my only avenue of upgrade for my current motherboards CPU.

I doubt that I'll even consider this.... lol. This PC will probably remain frozen in its current state from here on out....buying pre-fab takes 100% of the fun out of a new pc.

Seriously !
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I actually had this type of motherboard installed
            ZOTAC GeForce 6100 [GF6100-F-E]
            i just needed a better Graphics card.

Comment

Working...
            X