ad's doubling down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ad's doubling down

Anyone else getting the ads breaking out of the frames?I also got a virus warning tonight from one saying java exploit detected!
    Firefox 22 on win 7 64
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Let me know what ad(s) break out of the frame or spacing. I've already eliminated some that did that in the past. I personally haven't seen that in over a year though. Post here or PM me the ads that do that (either take a screenshot of the ad, or just tell me the product/company of the ad)

Comment

Java has had some serious zero day issues lately lol. I know of atleast two instances where they was like OMFG UPDATE THIS SHIT OR IT WILL BLOW UP etc.

I turned automatic updates for that shit off so I wasn't even running comprimised versions (unless those zero day exploits sat there THAT long..........................lol?)
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yea well I found a spyware app installed called Donkey search somehow got in.
        Removed it and installed flashblock,No more breakouts but no more ads either.
        I am curious if anyone else had an issue or if it was just me.2 weeks back on windows and already infected.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
          Yea well I found a spyware app installed called Donkey search somehow got in.
          Removed it and installed flashblock,No more breakouts but no more ads either.
          I am curious if anyone else had an issue or if it was just me.2 weeks back on windows and already infected.
          Phenom is infected with DefaultSear.ch or something like that.

I recommend...
          Chrome Browser
          Windows7 up2date
          Avast AntiVirus <---- http://www.avast.com/en-us/index

, I'm only told "Hey something malicious in Chrome tried to do shit and we stopped it" with a Ding Ding Ding noise,even tells you whats causing the ruckus!
          It auto updates etc like a champ, and I recommend it over AVG / other freebies out there,has every feature you'd want except Support lol. It's an astounding suite of security feature rich software with zero bloatware permanently attached to it. --> http://www.avast.com/en-us/index
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            Java has had some serious zero day issues lately lol. I know of atleast two instances where they was like OMFG UPDATE THIS SHIT OR IT WILL BLOW UP etc.

I turned automatic updates for that shit off so I wasn't even running comprimised versions (unless those zero day exploits sat there THAT long..........................lol?)
            I cannot find the appropriate insult, maybe this will do:

OMGWTF u have to keep like Java up2date or sum like MOTHAFUKIN haxxors can like eXploit it!! Just like disable it in like your browsa and ur save bro! ROFL! Zero day means like exploitzored on da same day as like it was released right?

Bottom-line: If you have no idea what you are doing, don't turn off security features.
            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
              I cannot find the appropriate insult, maybe this will do:

OMGWTF u have to keep like Java up2date or sum like MOTHAFUKIN haxxors can like eXploit it!! Just like disable it in like your browsa and ur save bro! ROFL! Zero day means like exploitzored on da same day as like it was released right?

Bottom-line: If you have no idea what you are doing, don't turn off security features.
              *cough dick* seriously?

Okay,so im calmed down and ready to retort....

What the shit makes you think that having Automatic Updates turned on or off has any bearings on whether you will be infected?

We'll just assume, that Microsoft,Twitter,Facebook,Apple AND Oracle , should have all been able to avoid being hacked with Java Zero-Day exploits simply because they kept "Automatic Updates" turned on for Java.

Spirit you was too busy being a fucking dickhead to seriously give thought ; Automatic Update s dont do SHIT for a zero-day attack or exploits a previously unknown vulnerability in a computer application. I can't find the words (thats a lie, I know all kinds of words to call you) but whats the point.

its easier to just be like fuck you bro <3
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-20-2013, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Software updates that fix security issues are the fix for exploits. Automatic updates are the vendor's option to fix the software without requiring the user's interaction. They are the most important fix for zero day exploits.

Exploits usually affect many or all versions of a software up to a specific version. So if you are running an older version, you are probably vulnerable.

It is of your highest interest to get the software updated to a fixed version and for that automatic updates are the easy, automated and fastest solution. Don't turn them off.

Randomly browse java - US-CERT Search Results or other databases to see the "and earlier".

Of course if there is an alert about an exploit and no update available yet, stopping to use the software is a pretty good idea. In Java's case just disable it to load automatically in the browser.

I am not sure what you are saying with the WP link. It kinda proves my point. Apple and Microsoft pushed fixes/blacklists through their automatic update mechanisms.

The single most important thing when using a PC that is connected to the internet is keeping all software on it up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                  Software updates that fix security issues are the fix for exploits. Automatic updates are the vendor's option to fix the software without requiring the user's interaction. They are the most important fix for zero day exploits.

Exploits usually affect many or all versions of a software up to a specific version. So if you are running an older version, you are probably vulnerable.

It is of your highest interest to get the software updated to a fixed version and for that automatic updates are the easy, automated and fastest solution. Don't turn them off.

Randomly browse java - US-CERT Search Results or other databases to see the "and earlier".

Of course if there is an alert about an exploit and no update available yet, stopping to use the software is a pretty good idea. In Java's case just disable it to load automatically in the browser.

I am not sure what you are saying with the WP link. It kinda proves my point. Apple and Microsoft pushed fixes/blacklists through their automatic update mechanisms.

The single most important thing when using a PC that is connected to the internet is keeping all software on it up to date.
                  I stopped giving a shit what you think like 2 posts ago, sorry.
                  See my PM I sent you and {edit;dont respond} to it with some form of acknowledgement or fuck off Spirit.
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-21-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

That's alright, I just hope that I made my point clear to those who might have thought that turning off automatic updates was ever a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X