Chat attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat attack

Looks like the recent hack attack took out the chat window. Seems everything else was restored to its former glory except for the chat. Any idea how the site was hacked?

Maybe the Chat is how the intrusion occurred ?
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

That's what I was thinking, but might just be it required more attention than Sole had at the moment.

Comment

well AFAIK that is the only portion of the website that Sole used that was 3rd party. It's to my knowledge that if Sole can't find what exactly he needs he makes his own.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It could have been the way. The night before it happened I was hangin there and strange stuff was going on. I have a hunch its something to do with the ads....because out of all the millions of ads that could come up , it picked a site I was going to that was having problems loading, and the ad was how to fix the problem. If I were Sole I would ditch those stupid ads ...the internet has enough ads.

Comment

Start offsetting the cash flow they provide and I'm absolutely positive Sole could arrange that. /or/ install a adblocker. I don't recommend that option,not at least anymore.

Comment

@Mindz, I see that you are one of those strange people that attaches their taskbar to the roof.

=)~
              Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
              https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
              https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
              https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

LOL Most definitely, thats because my (according to Baker,wanna be Mac OSX) dock occupies the bottom of the screen. I'll post another SS after I get something besides Quake installed. I feel like I'm in foreign territory whenever I use some other terminal and the bars at the bottom haha.

btw I ditched ObjectDock for RocketDock, ObjectDock stopped offering clear-cut free version, became a 30 day Nagware. I remember waaay back in the days of DOS there was an program that removed Nagware but hell if I can remember what it was.

Comment

Thats why I keep my start bar on the ceiling, so that the ground level can hold my games. Speaking of games, can you tell what multiplayer game I enjoy the most? First to install, always and forever.

Comment

I used to have a sort of mac-osx-ish app toolbar in XP, so I, too, have the taskbar on top. I didn't see a simple such toolbar builtin to Win7 when I upgraded, but I left the taskbar on top, since I was used to it.

My left monitor is my secondary, where my taskbar and chat windows lie. Is your left monitor your main, Mindz?

Comment

Left monitor is the main one (Desktop,start bar, icons,etc).

The right monitor purely feeds entertainment, be it streaming something or what not. I could not imagine operating off one display now days...

ps : http://rocketdock.com/

that's good stuff right there, no nagware. straight dope!
                      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-29-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I disabled the chat when I was debugging everything and forgot to re-enable it.

For clarification, the ads were not the suspect for the malware problems from earlier. I don't want to go into details on what happened here for what should be obvious reasons.

The web hosting for the site currently is $44.50/month. If people are willing to contribute money to cover those fees, I'll remove the ads.

Comment

I dont see or have any issues with the advertisements and dont see why others would have them either. They dont cause problems as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                            I dont see or have any issues with the advertisements and dont see why others would have them either. They dont cause problems as far as I can see.
                            Same here, I even found USE in the Ads many times. Once it was an interview with Stan Lee, and it was bitchin!

Comment

Working...
                            X