New BB Code - [wiki]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BB Code - [wiki]

I've added a new BB Code item to the forums - a quick linker to Wikipedia. Simply enter the phrase between the tags and it'll automatically link to a Wikipedia page about that phrase.

Example:

(wiki)Quake(/wiki) - substitute ( and ) with [ and ]

Returns:

Quake [Wikipedia]

great

Mosin-Nagant [Wikipedia]

I want that rifle!

Comment

Thank you for the Powdered Toast.
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
        Mosin-Nagant [Wikipedia]

I want that rifle!
        what's wrong with this one?

EDIT: hey sole, think you could make a [swf] tag so we can insert flash like pictures?
        Last edited by RocketGuy; 08-17-2006, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I don't know about flash.. one of the biggest pet peeves of mine is going to web pages and having those stupid auto-play flash videos all over the place. I hate when people include those in sites.

Maybe I could give it a test run and see if people post crap or not.

Comment

I'm using Opera for normal browsing w/o flash installed. I can't stand that crap popping up everywhere. If there is something I want to see, then I'll get into IE.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

How exactly did Yellow get the little movie to show up? The Muppets one from the 90s.

As for flash, as big of a fan of flash that I am, it's a big nono in forums

Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post
              what's wrong with this one?
              This looks like a trash can... I want to snipe bears/racoons/cougars in my forest, not people 0_o you crazy 14 year old fat kid Those stupid bears walk around in my neighbourhood too much. I'm going to put a stop to them

ps - it looks like you FAILED to use the wiki tags

Comment

What muppet movie? Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow No. 5 View Post
                  ...mahnamahna

Thread #10

he used [movie] tags

Comment

We need [yt] tags. Youtube is becoming an obscenely popular and surprisingly useful site.
                    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Very impressed by Canadian Sniper's recollection of a post from ages ago.

Sole got pwned !

What if that only worked in the media and events forum?

Flash is generally a bad idea as it involuntarily subjects people to ridiculously phat (50 MB) flash movies and other stuff.

Web pages that make sound or surprise dialup users with gigantic bandwidth usage are bad. But if it only worked in 2 of the forums, it might not be so bad as there is an upside to it as well.

I've heard flash movies can be a security risk, maybe Sole knows how this can occur.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

There an option in Flash Player that blocks all "flash interactivity" such as finding cookies, etc. By default it's set to asking the user if he/she wants to let flash have more access to his/her computer

As for hosting flash, why can't people do what Bank does with his QuakeOne Squad?

Comment

http://www.soulshine.ca/news/newsarticle.php?nid=3652

You Tube is just going to get bigger.
                          www.Net-Tyme.com
                          Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                          Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

C*S You can use a Mosin-Nagant in Call of Duty 2, when you play as the Russians.

Comment

I want a REAL ONE

You get to use one in MGO. And one of the bosses in MGS3 uses a Mosin-Nagant on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X