DarkPlaces Replacement Models/Textures Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkPlaces Replacement Models/Textures Section

A new section (go there) has been setup that has replacement models and textures in easy-to-manage PK3 format for DarkPlaces.

Currently it includes:

Ammo/Health Boxes (classic FuhQuake style, QRP version, Neogenisis MD3)
    Monster Skins (Ogro's and the ones in Yellow No. 5's Texture Pack, author unknown).

The Ogro Monster models/skins only look good with real time lighting on, otherwise they look very strange.

In the future it will include more.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Is the downloads section broken at the moment as I can't get to it. And Shub Hub doesn't work anymore for me either.

I'm coming back to Quake again and was trying to set up Darkplaces to look as good as possible so I can play with a much younger friend who is into his FPS's but was probably about 3 when Quake came out and has no idea how good it is.

I have the combo Ogro/Gunter monster textures, the Rygel ultra texture pack, but the only weapon model PK3 I can find is this one: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rtakhsh...ods-4-5-06.zip
    which seems to be for Qrack and doesn't work properly in DP.

Basically I need help with:

1) Finding a DP weapon models pack (I already have the one from the Quake Retexturing Project but there seems to be another one judging by screenshots I've seen)
    2) I saw someone saying that the Rygel Ultra pack is unnecessary and there is a smaller one which is identical, is that true? It would help not to have to ask people to download 2.7 GB
    3) Is there a hi-res player skin to go with the Ogro skins?
    4) From screenshots I've seen there seems to be an updated hi-res HUD head as well?
    5) I have the updated shambler mdl but heard there was a fiend too, does anyone know where I can find this?
    6) Having now been playing Left 4 Dead for a while I think we'll both find it hard to go back to classic co-op style ie. Infinite respawns with no chance of losing. Are there any mods that make it so you can actually lose in co-op ie. Giving you a set amount of lives, etc

Any help with any of the above would be massively appreciated

Comment

Temporarily you could use this.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

excellent, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X