How do I login (SOLVED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I login (SOLVED)

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I tried logging in the other day to complain about the downtime and ask about a refund ( HAH!)

I had the hardest time figuring out how to login. I mean I literally couldn't find the login link (Upper right hand corner durr).

But for people who are looking to log back in until Solecord makes a new pretty Quake colored theme for the site and adds an easy login block back where it's been for 11 years the login link is in the upper right hand corner!

You're welcome!

Waiting to see what new magical things happen with this update! :1
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Don't feel bad, bro. I couldn't find the shit either and I have made numerous sites with a login in the exact same spot.

I vote nay on putting it back where it was. Where it is now is perfect. Honestly, I wouldn't change much except the colors. The new layout is clean, modern and redistributes well on mobile. I wouldn't fuck with that too much.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-13-2017, 07:21 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

What I was planning on doing was adding in the blocks we had before (server browser, links, how to quake, etc.) on the home page and possibly leaving the forums alone. The template of the new version of the forums are mobile optimized, including the ability to have left and right columns. On mobile you can have the columns either stack/float or completely disappear. It's very customizable!! So, as MadGypsy said, for the most part I'll just be changing the colors and keeping the base template here. There will be a few minor tweaks with layout/design, but nothing too drastic. I need to figure out what to do with the header though. I always kind of liked the Q1 background but understand it was pretty big and took up a lot of real estate. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open....

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
        I always kind of liked the Q1 background but understand it was pretty big and took up a lot of real estate. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open....
        Honestly the header BG always kind of irritated me once i saw how it was made, it's just the same image flipped on itself to appear seamless and 'works' for small to large displays, but really it seems like a half-finished idea.

I'd like to see an under-all Quake base texture which spans the header bg with the current (old) header image of a shambler about to go to 11 on a Quake ranger which fades into the base background.

This would allow for mobile friendliness, reduce the image size and overall page size, increase speed loading times and still give a modern'ish look to it (That header logo is soooo oooold!).

Something like the following...

<div class="header-overall" style="width:100%;height:250px;background-image:url("amazing-quake-base-texture")">

<div class="logo" style="width:400px;text-align:left:width:100%;height:auto">
        COOL-LOGO-WHICH-FADES-ON-THE-RIGHT-SIDE.GIF
        </div>

</div>

I haven't done any testing on that CSS but you should be able to get the idea, it's really basic.

Just a thought.

Also what MadGypsy said:
        Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        I wouldn't change much except the colors. The new layout is clean, modern and redistributes well on mobile. I wouldn't fuck with that too much.
        I like the current feel of the layout but the color has to change.

Some things I miss are Who's currently viewing this post & New Posts.

Hopefully we'll now get a more organized section for mods and or projects? Also I want clan sections! (This last one is SORT OF a joke).
        Last edited by Phenom; 07-14-2017, 01:17 PM.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Comment

@ Some things I miss are Who's currently viewing this post & New Posts.

I second that.

Comment

There's a New Topics tab in the top left, seems like it operates just like the old New Posts (or pretty close). Took me a while to find it lol.

I'm not too picky about the BG image but I like Phenom's idea. Would be cool to have the ranger charging the shambler with nothing but an axe. His last stand. lol.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Thanks Dutch, for some reason the color scheme is really throwing me off even though I've dealt with CMS like vbulletin before. I think it's just because I'm so used to seeing Quake forum sites decked out in grungy brown color pallets pretty much ever since Quake came out in 1996.

I really like the improvements I just want the original colors back! Everything else is a nice step from where we were!

Thumbs up Sole!
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Comment

@phenom

I couldn't agree more. This white and gray shit doesn't feel like quakeone at all and it makes me not really want to participate. I know that sounds extreme but, it's like moving into a house you hate... you don't really want to go home... cause it's not "home".

Comment

Some work stuff popped up this past week. I will be dealing with server browser stuff tonight/tomorrow and then I'll work on the template. Hopefully within a few days!!

Comment

Server browser back up @ http://quakeone.com/servers

Comment

Working...
                    X