Rebuilding QuakeOne.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding QuakeOne.com

Yeah, this could be discussed in private messages or something but maybe it's better to post here so everyone knows things are going to be back on track.

I have to say that these last couple of weeks not having the site in it's full glory has really reminded me how much more this site is than just a forum and, heh, how much it sucks only having the forum.

Things that only Solecord can do

1. Clicking the top logo should go to the QuakeOne.com homepage as opposed to doing nothing or the QuakeOne forums index.

2. Some way to have the recently created threads in a block on the home page.

3. Recovery of the "Home - Forums - Guides - Servers - Downloads" navigation bar that was below the logo.

4. The extreme tracker at the bottom of the homepage.

5. Probably the Google Analytics embedded code.

6. Certain subsites need reactivated.
    6a. www.quakeone.com/euroquake (this is where the European players get their map downloads)
    6b. www.quakeone.com/travail (that's the Travail single player home page)
    6c. I know there are probably others (www.quakeone.com/tourney ?? Are the CTF guys using this?)
    7. The www.quakeone.com/q1files folder needs reactivated, maybe www.quakeone.com/images/news too

Things That Need Done That I Can Help With

0. I should probably do some intermediate news to make it look like the site isn't in a permanent state of disrepair :d:d:d:d

1. The downloads section needs to reappear in some form. The immediate need is so players can download maps or stuff that they need. It doesn't need to be a full-fledged download system right away, just working links. So I could create a page with the most important downloads in the short term. In the long term is there a good download system for vbDrupal? If so, I could help cut and paste the old date into it.

2. The guides section was getting incredibly out-of-date. Maybe replace this with a blank wiki and myself and others could fill this in over time and some of the existing guide content could be cut and pasted back? I'd like it to be short, concise and to the point. The original guides focused on getting incredibly backwards players up to date, but that isn't really as big of problem now since backwardsness and terrible and wrong advice isn't a mainstream problem anymore.

3. I'm pretty sure I could rebuild the various link blocks.
    What else?
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

i like that "test" box, can that stay

Comment

The current position of the "recent posts" box (which doesnn't work) forces the main body of the forum into a very thin column.
      16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
      16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

I made an "under construction" sign if you want to use it. The one on the main page is 200x200 so I resized it to the same. I put it on as my sig so you can see it. Well, the program resized it to 100x100 to fit the rules of 500x100 max, so I put it in as a link. Use it on QuakeOne if you want.
        Now I wonder if gimp is going to let me keep the as a brush o stencil. That would be nice.
        -fiddler-

Comment

I switched the "under construction" sign to yours.

[What would be better is not needing an under construction sign :d]
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Tru, it will be better when the sign comes down. I am glad you like the design enough to use it and share it with the community of QuakeOne. -fid-
            -fiddler-

Comment

what

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                what
                uh the 'under construction' sign.
                Is that what you're asking about?
                btw, I like the Matrix avatar you have.
                -fiddler-

Comment

How long until the downloads are back? I don't know where else to go to get maps, textures etc.
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm on vacation all this week so I'll be working on the site....

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                      I'm on vacation all this week so I'll be working on the site....
                      you tha man!
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I'm on vacation all this week so I'll be working on the site on my macbook air while relaxing in a jacuzzi with paradise in Hawaii while sipping on a martini
                        fix'd

Comment

fuck apple and their mac books.

Comment

HaHa!! Great job on this site-I am loving *all* these new features.

Comment

fuck apple and their mac books.
                              yeah, mac is a biff.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Working...
                              X