Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here - some questions about QuakeOne

Hey there, this is my first post!

It's been years since I last played Quake 1 (i now have the steam quake collection) and i wanted to make a comeback, so i tried to take a look at your guides and... nothing happened... is it normal or did i screw up something?

I want to get up to date with the game and join the community, but i feel kinda lost on getting all these years back... i'll search on my dear friend google for some info maybe

well, unfortunately the spam bots broke through the defence, and they updated the [name of what it was here], but it messed up the site and they've been slowly trying to regain all of the content.

whitch is why the guides/downloads are not up ATM

Comment

First thing you wanna do is forget about steam.. start clean.. just find the pak0.pak and pak1.pak files on your hdd
      (~\Steam\steamapps\common\quake\Id1)
      and copy them to a new folder.. say c:\quake\id1\

Then get one of the newer clients like Qrack1.90 or Proquake3.99x3 or Darkplaces and unzip in c:\quake

Now you got the basics covered.. for any further details on any of the particular engines or configuration stuff.. just post your questions here..

Comment

Thanks mates, you have been really helpful!

Even if I like Steam in general, it's quite an hassle to run non-valve games through it...

Comment

Working...
        X