Why were the Downloads emptied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why were the Downloads emptied?

Huh?! Why've they been taken out to the Trash?

The site was upgraded in October 2008. The upgrade broke the downloads system. The downloads were kind of obsolete and crusty and they remain low on the priority list of getting back up.

Eventually it will happen. The old downloads section essentially is still available at:

Quake 1 Downloads
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      The site was upgraded in October 2008. The upgrade broke the downloads system. The downloads were kind of obsolete and crusty and they remain low on the priority list of getting back up.

Eventually it will happen. The old downloads section essentially is still available at:

Quake 1 Downloads
      Thanks! And, how did it 'brake it'?

Comment

The site was run by different software back then. When we upgraded the software the site ran, I couldn't import the downloads section to the current system.

Comment

Working...
        X