What the hell is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is going on?

This is like the 10 billionth time I've had to change my password. It works for a few days and after a while it says it's an invalid password. What the fuck?

Does it happen if you tell it to keep you logged in?

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
      Does it happen if you tell it to keep you logged in?
      No, it happens when I don't. I don't like checking the 'keep you logged in' feature because of hackers and that.

Comment

I doubt it's the site. Does it email you when you change your pass? Then you could see if something else changes the password unexpectedly...

Comment

Whats your password?

Sounds like someones been trying to brute force your account (possibly)

Solecord, you really don't need to do that
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
            I doubt it's the site. Does it email you when you change your pass? Then you could see if something else changes the password unexpectedly...
            Yes it does email me when I change my password.

Comment

Try clearing cache's , cookies,and any browser related contents. just a suggestion,hope it helps.

Sometimes old failed attempted logins get passwords screwed up. Anymore now days I swear,its a wonder that 'technology' even works. Shits so complicated to do some of the most simplest things.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Just automatically login when u connect here. the only hacker would be your little brother and his friend. I doubt anyone would hack your computer just to steal your quakeone password. But next time you post something stupid you can use that as an excuse... I do!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTmWNiNGEpU[/ame]
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  Try clearing cache's , cookies,and any browser related contents. just a suggestion,hope it helps.

Sometimes old failed attempted logins get passwords screwed up. Anymore now days I swear,its a wonder that 'technology' even works. Shits so complicated to do some of the most simplest things.
                  That would just clear the cookies, nothing more.

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                  Just automatically login when u connect here. the only hacker would be your little brother and his friend. I doubt anyone would hack your computer just to steal your quakeone password. But next time you post something stupid you can use that as an excuse... I do!

YouTube - Quaker Goats
                  How's my post stupid?

Comment

IT'S just a joke. Like that video. And if you change your PW 10 billion times then, well...

it's possible that the website has a max pw attempt per day, and either you are spamming the login incorrectly or there's a bug in some script. Simplest way to avoid that would be to create a cookie by checking "log me in automatically".
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                      IT'S just a joke. Like that video. And if you change your PW 10 billion times then, well...

it's possible that the website has a max pw attempt per day, and either you are spamming the login incorrectly or there's a bug in some script. Simplest way to avoid that would be to create a cookie by checking "log me in automatically".
                      IT'S just a joke.

Comment

Well, no one else is having this problem and there is no shortage of QuakeOne.com community members --- so I am guessing you have malware on your computer. Switch to Google Chrome and see if the problem persists.

Internet Explorer is a serious piece of sh*t of a browser.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                          Well, no one else is having this problem and there is no shortage of QuakeOne.com community members --- so I am guessing you have malware on your computer. Switch to Google Chrome and see if the problem persists.

Internet Explorer is a serious piece of sh*t of a browser.
                          No offense, but you may need to think about that post. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8. It's pretty good, better than Google Chrome to me. Google Chrome is too slow. And yes, I agree with you... Internet Explorer is so fucking full of shit and so fucking crap. It's the worst web browser ever!

Comment

i never liked netscape navigator
                            SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                            THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Murphy View Post
                              No offense, but you may need to think about that post. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8. It's pretty good, better than Google Chrome to me. Google Chrome is too slow. And yes, I agree with you... Internet Explorer is so fucking full of shit and so fucking crap. It's the worst web browser ever!
                              Ok, Baker -5 points.

I just took a wild guess. If you are using FireFox maybe clear the stored passwords? What if Firefox keeps filling in old passwords?
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                              X