Weird ... traffic super-spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird ... traffic super-spike

I have no idea what caused this, but today is easily the heaviest traffic day for the site for a full day and there are several more hours remaining. No idea why this happening. It's like traffic has increased 30% in a single day and inbound Google search engine queries has doubled.

Strange ...
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

...the scraggs farted, and brought with them the terror! ^_^

Comment

Could be quite a few things... a few of them being:

Another site linking to quakeone.com
      new catchy keywords(ask solecord)
      Google changed their search algorithm
      word of mouth to a large community

or maybe Quakeone.com is just a cool place! (Now that we banned omi, para, the kimp & C*S)
      Last edited by Phenom; 08-15-2010, 08:11 PM. Reason: Real Quakers make spelling errors. Then promptly correct them.
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Quakecon started, August 12th - 15th 2010.

QuakeCon 2010

now that it's over everyone has Quake on their brains.
        Last edited by R00k; 08-15-2010, 09:27 PM.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

What's Quake?

Comment

It's when your two butt cheeks come together and make that funny sound. Oh wait thats Qrack.

Comment

Did someone promote QuakeOne.com at QuakeCon? Hand out fliers? Stand on a table and shout the web site url?

I checked the Google Analytics, and we had 823 referrals from Google on 8/15. Tons and tons of various phrases related to quake. We had just over 600 Google referrals on 8/14. The rest of the month we average around 500ish referrals from Google. So something caused people to search for Quake related information on 8/15.

Comment

Must be the bargain deals on steam...

Comment

people come to see the guy spray profusely out of his arm pits.
                  Originally posted by Baker
                  Why does the biggest cry baby in the forums use an Arnold Schwarzenegger avatar? Arnold never cries like a little girl like how you have cried in every Kimp thread.

Comment

As I was reading this post, I went to check my QuakeWiki.net, and I noticed an increase in traffic over the last 2 days. It must be the same reason, though Google seems to be the main referral.

I guess Inside3D has the same traffic spike, but I don't think there is any Google Analytics installed over there. It might be interesting to know, though.

Keep up the good work, guys!

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

Comment

i wore a Quakeone.com shirt at Quakecon

I was there on saturday but didnt see anything about old school quake. However, i am sure that is probably the reason for the increase. It is on people's minds. People probably searched for Quakecon pictures, quake pictures, quake related sh1t and quakeone.com would probably come back in some of those searches and looks appealing.

I could do something there for quakecon next year, like be an official quakeone.com reporter and interview people... haha

I bet if we donated some money to quakecon we could have a small sponser logo somewhere. Small amount though.

Comment

Lets see a pic of you with your QuakeOne.com shirt on hah

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                          people come to see the guy spray profusely out of his arm pits.
                          I think this is the real reason!
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

In truth, the real reason for all those Axe flash ads is that Solecord is angling for his own brand of deodorant.

It'll make Speedstick look so fuddy-duddy like Old Spice and all 1990s-like and point out all the glaringly obvious flaws of "Right Guard" -- mainly ... what about the leftside .. sheesh? Time for a modern antiperspirant that does equally well regardless of rightness or leftness. WTF!

Comment

Quakepit Deodorant, strong enough for a fiend, made for a marine!

edit: oh boy my 2,500th post! What a waste!
                              if it took me 1 minute to read each of those messages,
                              it would take me 41 hours to read them all...
                              Last edited by R00k; 08-16-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X