Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autohide the "Sponsors" sidebar every login

That's about it

You want to remove the ads? Why not do it yourself?

It obviously has pros and cons, you decide.
    dfsp*spirit
    my FPS maps

Comment

There comes a time when you must man up,and support quakeone.com
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

just don't look at it! see, its gone!... no wait, you looked again...

seriously though, awesomeness has its price and the price for quakeone.com is ads; afraid you'll have to just suck-it-up and ignore it... (or use a scriptblocker )

Comment

theres a little ^ V arrow radial buttons on the tabs to the << left press those and the panel will collapse. Enable cookies (obviously) and each time you come here you wont see that panel open.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

And aside from the annoying pop-over ads (that require you to hit the skip ad button) and the movie preview ads that auto-play a video, I don't think the ads are very obtrusive. While I hate ads myself, I have to pay the server hosting bill. Should I put a paypal donate button on the site instead and collect donations? Hosting fees are $44.50/mon and this is the only site I host that generates any sort of revenue whatsoever.

Comment

I believe the tried to be true method that has been working for 5+ years now is quite sufficient, to say the least about it. Your right, the ads here are unobtrusive,and to be honest, I've clicked (on purpose,mind you) more ad's at quakeone.com than any other website, EVER! Nearly 90% of those ad's consisted of interviews with people whos cool factor is pretty high ,by most recent example, was an interview with Stan Lee.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                Stan Lee.

MAFAKAN STAN LEE BOI!

I had to check a few of those ads out too! har har har!
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Maybe we should have bi/monthly/annual tournaments with proceeds going to the operation of Quakeone.com?
                  16 players, each donating 35$, that's a years worth of operation costs. Divide that by 4 and have a tournament every 3 months, divide that by 2 and up the player roster to 32! Invite a few hundred friends and we can afford t-shirts! ;D
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    Invite a few hundred friends and we can afford t-shirts! ;D

$14.95
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

If you can get them signed by Stan I'm down!
                      when I was like 5 life was different all week long we waited for Saturday morning cartoons. We read and traded Marvel and DC comics. Relishing them like some kind of super crack reading them
                      made one do very strange and dangerous things like.......
                      *jumping from the second story with a pillowcase tied around your neck screamin Supta Maaaaan!!!!into the snowbank below*
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X