X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenom's Quakeone.com Banner Entry

Enhanced border.

Reflection (Badge like)

All my logos here are sized exactly the same dimensions as the current quakeone.com logo.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Like the one with the border. The other with the reflection does not look that good but i think it's a reflection issue. The reflection just doesn't look right. Should be more glossy.

Comment

Should photoshop out the eyes then the first one with the border would be perfect, was never a fan of when people added eyes to the creatures.

Comment

User preference. That model was a "remix" of the Shambler - kinda like how I did my wip Laser Cannon.
        I've always just figured the Shambler had eyes but they were covered by the hair.

I like the first one

Comment

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
          Hi

Good work Phen... Just a question I thought you where about to work on the logo (QuakeOne Resurrection) and not the banner at the whole.

Do you intend to have this lke a background where someone could put some rotationg pictures or thumbnails over it?

What is the whole idea Phen?? Just straight like this as a replacement... or planning anything else... why this choice?!?
          I'm opt'ing this for the Quakeone.com logo (The one at the top of the site) Also I'm up for suggestions, I have the original PSD and can make any adjustments at anytime.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Comment

I actually like this one alot... I like the stained glass window and bricks, screams Quake to me.

Only thing I'd suggest is, yeah, edit out the shambler's eyes as other people had said, and maybe to the left of the shambler lighten up that area a bit. Maybe where that arch is, replace it with one of the retextured "bone" arches like this one:

Classic Quake texture right there... I really like how this one is though, dark and moody, just like Quake..
            Last edited by bta.monster; 01-07-2011, 08:39 PM.
            Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

I think the WHOLE banner should rotate, not just the segmented panes. Even the current one could stay in the mix.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                I think the WHOLE banner should rotate, not just the segmented panes. Even the current one could stay in the mix.
                I agree.

My banner isn't really meant to be THE ONLY banner, but an entry for the banner rotation idea! I'll make more possibly!
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

indeed!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Updated

Extended the border so it won't look funny and un-even, removed the eye darkened the border and tweaked some small un-noticeable stuff.

While its not holding true to the hi-quality Shambler model with missing eyes it does look better.

Also I should give credit to the person who created the hi-quality Shambler model as I did not create that portion of this banner (forgot exactly who made the hi-quality model though ) as well as the textures and level used.

Last edited by Phenom; 01-08-2011, 11:33 AM.
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Comment

I'm REALLY liking it now

Comment

Even the current one could stay in the mix.
                        !!!!
                        thank you sir.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        its so dope, but im dying to see some lightning in there, or some static (plug)!
                        even tho a bolt of lightning wouldnt fit in there, sigh...
                        SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                        THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StatiC View Post
                          !!!!
                          thank you sir.

its so dope, but im dying to see some lightning in there, or some static (plug)!
                          even tho a bolt of lightning wouldnt fit in there, sigh...
                          I'll work on it more
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

Hello Phenom,

is it this model which we see in your banner ?

I think it is. In this case the modeller is ~FredrikH.
                            Cause you asked for the creator a few posts above...
                            And yes, he gave his shambler eyes.

Regards,
                            Seven

Comment

That's the guy!
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Comment