Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon[Drunk]'s quakeone logotype entry

Ok I made a new logotype:

I also made an animated gif with two different banners just to showcase what I visualized the outcome to be after reading through the Banner thread, i.e., logo (with link) + screenshot + description (with link to more info/downloads etc.)!
    Maybe these different banners could all link to the same (sticky) forum thread somewhere where all information/links are available?

regards
    Moon[Drunk]
    – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
    – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

I love the QRP one! No offense to the other, as nice as the detail is on the Shambler and all the effort. It has skin like the Vortigaunt seen in Half-Life 2 and I think the banner should have material consisting of more faithful looking shots. I feel its more welcoming to older players just discovering this site much like the current logo.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Also, I don't think we need to advertise. Just a simple banner with no click here =)

The start map is the most iconic map of all Quake, it would be nice by itself! I'm sure when someone says Quake, some people think of the view from where they spawn when they start singleplayer mode.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

It was suggested (by me) , that each individual Banner will be (Should be,,,!!) representing a various WORK by our community members,and the Banner thats currently on screen, should be clickable ,and the hyperlinking will pertain to the banner someone clicked on,and it will tell them about the WORK/MOD and how they can OBTAIN/USE IT.

He did just that!

I like what I have seen so far,keep the banners rolling in!
        Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-08-2011, 06:05 PM.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I currently see a Nike ad to the right of the current logo, I think there are enough advertisements. I guess I like a more classy original approach..if we have a simple updated banner with newer graphics(faithful especially), then that should be enough for a person to check out the entire site for more. It's just my opinion =)

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

An old idea was to rotate the idea by time of day (pre-dating the site launch by several months).

This idea has been inactive for ... well ... nearly 5 years.

Maybe it is time to revive that idea. I think most people probably agree the top banner seen is the "real" banner, but it doesn't mean there couldn't be a rotating display by time of day in some fashion.

Anyways, this is all up to Sole and some of these banners aren't width/height compatible with the web site format. 1864x250 is needed for widescreen compatibility but the banners have to be setup to also be compatible in a way that looks right for lower screen resolutions.

Over the next week I'll float the idea by Solecord if he hasn't been thinking out this or reading these threads.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've been reading the threads. I really really like the style of banner that Moon made... I like the "inner border" line on the right side of the graphic. Not sure how that'd be incorporated into the current style/size of banner, but that is really nice looking IMO.

Re: Moon's new logo... I'm not 100% sold on that. I like the style of it, but I think the gradient inside the letters make it look funny. The e looks like a c with a bigger top to it. Hrmm... I dunno....

Comment

Am I the only one who wants the banners to use the Quake font? There's a "fixed" version here with both upper and lower case letters.
                Quake + DpQuake Font | dafont.com

@Solecord's comment. I do agree. It's not the font as if you do look you do see it's a "e" however the effects applied to the text block it out making it look like a "c" with a heavy head.

Comment

I also like Moon[Drunk]´s banner style the most.

Also the link inside the banner which leads you to the page, where you can download
                  what you JUST saw is perfect.

A newb would need ages to search through our forum, because it
                  grows so rapidly. (especially "Finished Work")
                  A thread will quickly move to 2nd or 3rd page after 2 weeks.

As long as our "Download" section is not "perfect", you only have the chance to search through "Finished Works".
                  And that one is really confusing due to so many threads.

Regards,
                  Seven

Comment

I like moon drunk banner, but with QUAKE FONT !
                    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      An old idea was to rotate the idea by time of day (pre-dating the site launch by several months).

This idea has been inactive for ... well ... nearly 5 years.

Maybe it is time to revive that idea. I think most people probably agree the top banner seen is the "real" banner, but it doesn't mean there couldn't be a rotating display by time of day in some fashion.
                      this is an awesome idea.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Maybe a frame like this could work for the different banners?
                        I just put a solid color as a background so you do not think I made a new banner entry like last time
                        Will possibly make the different rotating banners somewhat consistent at least?
                        Logo could need some tweaking though. Suggestions are welcomed?

– Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
                        – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Why the q of quake is closed ?????
                          It's supposed to be a nailed moon !!!!!!
                          Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Yes it has to be like inkub0 said plus i think you should use the Quake font...

Comment

I imagine something simplier, like that:

Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Working...
                              X