Tournament Poll/post section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Poll/post section

How bout a tournament poll/post section.

What i mean by this is a section for posting Tournaments, and the poll part i mean, by (letting the poster choose a time limit) not something crazy, but something like 3-6hrs or up to the longest a wk, when the time runs out the poll is inactive yet the posting remains, this poll idea.

Allows users to pick two options.

One vote for a day, for the game.

Two vote for a time range of a day.

So example, vote saturday, 8pm est/10pm mst (etc).

If all votes >= sat @ 8pm est. then on sat ##date## @ 8pm everybody meets at such an such server for CTF or DM or RA or whatever eh...

How bout it?

Shouldn't take long to code up a sub-section as the poll feature is already active in the site anyways.

Whatcha think? good idea, bad idea?

Quake doesn't need tournaments, per se.

It needs tournament mods.

Here is an example:

1. 10 players are at the server. The mod is a special tournament mod. The map is actually 5 maps compiled into one: DM6 zone 1, DM6 zone 2, Aggressor and DM2 and a E4M7 FFA Zone. A special server modification keeps each zone "sound-proof" from the other zones.

2. Qualifier Round Starts: It's FFA deathmatch for seeding purposes. It lasts 7 minutes. Top 8 players advance to the tournament. (Or Top 4 if 7 or less players.)

3. The tournament begins. Round 1: 4 games start with a 7 minute time limit.

DM6: Seed #1 Versus Seed #8
    DM6: Seed #2 Versus Seed #7
    DM2: Seed #3 Versus Seed #6
    Aggressr: Seed #4 Versus Seed #5

It's 7 minutes to keep the pace moving along.

Non-qualifying players can either watch or play FFA in the E4M7 zone.

4. Round 2: Winner of DM6 zone 1 plays winner of Aggressr; DM6 zone 2 plays winner of DM2. 8 minute time limit. Losers and non-qualifying players get to watch or play FFA.

5. Round 3: Tournament final. Lasts 10 minutes. Losers and non-qualifying players get to watch of play FFA.

Stats are built into the mod, including results. And the results and stats and standings can get built into QuakeOne.com as a box in the home page with a "Expanded Rankings and Stats" for full details.

Easy tournaments, no hassles setting it and you can do it again and again. It runs itself.

And something could be done with a double DM3 to allow 16 players with 4 4on4 teams or 12 players with 4 3on3 teams to do the same.

The problems with tournaments right now is that specific times and places rarely work, and it is a pain to setup and having con-current games has always meant multiple servers. Well, this is 2011. Enough of that. Our community has the technology and R&D to change things.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yes, we need a mod that enables real-time-pissing contest's of SKILL.
      Quake's biggest problem currently : WAITING. No one wants to fn wait, no one wants fn AFK newbs holding shit up.

Captains (picking) is a huge pain in the ass.

Quake needs to be streamlined, and as long as there are TWO players, it needs to keep moving along!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        Yes, we need a mod that enables real-time-pissing contest's of SKILL.
        Quake's biggest problem currently : WAITING. No one wants to fn wait, no one wants fn AFK newbs holding shit up.

Captains (picking) is a huge pain in the ass.

Quake needs to be streamlined, and as long as there are TWO players, it needs to keep moving along!
        Sign up sheets, schedule times, ways to determine seeding, needing 3 or 4 ports or servers, captains and such. It is such a hassle. And requires a crapton of coordination.

And it takes so damn much just to put a tournament together.

It shouldn't have to. Just showing up and the tournament should "take of itself."

Yes, I've been mapping a blue print for this as well.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yes, thats why I am a avid supporter of Classic CTF.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

de-kimped

Comment

Working...
            X