QuakeTwo.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuakeTwo.com

You should make a QuakeTwo.com that is like here. Or atleast add a forum for Quake 2?

I wouldn't mind the idea!

Comment

QuakeTwo.com?

ok, how about this?

Comment

osjclatchford,
        Thanks for the link. The site is nowhere near the clear organization here though.

Comment

"Other Games" forum? It seems the Hexen 2 community is already here.

Apart from that, tastyspleen.net ?
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Another interesting one, thanks golden_boy.

Comment

Quake 2, did I read Quake 2 ?

If you are talking about Quake 2, your first hit should always be Just-Jims homepage.

This guy is a collector. A good one !

He gatheres ALL existing Q2 engines and enhancements packs for each of them.
              He prepares them nicely, gives you detailed step-by-step descriptions
              so that everybody in this world can enjoy a full blown Q2 within minutes.
              Including links to ALL engine websites/forums.
              He keeps everything up-to-date as well.

I love Just-Jim.
              I dont love Q2, but I live Just-Jim
              Something like his homepage should be availabe for Q1 as well.

Kind regards,
              Seven

EDITED:
              Ahhh, I just saw that he also has compilations for many other
              Classic-FPS games (including Quake1 (but a little outdated)).
              Links are on the end of above mentioned page.
              This guy has ´em all...
              Last edited by Seven; 04-11-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I also found this one: q2scene.net :: Index

Comment

haha I ran out of time to do this, but for April Fools I was going to register quaketwo.com and redirect all requests to that URL, saying that quakeone.com has rerouted all of it's resources to building up the quake 2 community hah.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                    haha I ran out of time to do this, but for April Fools I was going to register quaketwo.com and redirect all requests to that URL, saying that quakeone.com has rerouted all of it's resources to building up the quake 2 community hah.
                    SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                    THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                    sigpic

Comment

Communities are best established and run by people who care about the game.

QuakeOne.com has done an exceptional job of caring about the original [and one true!] Quake. But it mostly because 10-12 people got together that really want this game to live on forever and walked the walk.

Enthusiasts for the Quake 2 game really should be the ones behind any effort to start a Quake 2 portal. This site is just an open source CMS which is vBulletin/vbAdvanced with a Qstat.org server browser backend. Those are tools anyone can download for free and a domain name is cheap.

What isn't easy is the deep and passionate diehard attitude of the community which is the backbone of this site. It isn't the domain name or even the fact the site is well-organized.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

One minor correction to Baker's post - vBulletin is not an open source tool. It is software which requires the purchase of a license to use.

Comment

i would register at a Quaketwo.com...or participate in a Quake2 second of Quakeone.com

Comment

Pretty much what Baker says. Most people here could give a shit less about Quake 2... so starting a Quake 2 community run by us wouldn't be very successful.
                            e|------------------------0---------------
                            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                            A|---------------0------------------------
                            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
                              Pretty much what Baker says. Most people here could give a shit less about Quake 2... so starting a Quake 2 community run by us wouldn't be very successful.
                              Ron Paul'd.
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                              X