Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuakeOne Status Check?

Some of the things that we've tried to do here at this site so far:

1. Make information more accessible. Quake help, guides, displaying most major servers, developer resources in the Quake Navigator, image gallery of a variety of single player maps, etc.

How are we doing on that, btw? Comments, etc.

2. Increase the awareness of other key sites. The links block to pretty much every active, regularly updated and important site. Direct people to relevant sites when possible and try to help draw attention to other sites

How are we doing on that? Comments, etc.

3. Make brainless installs of the things for the less computer literate and make life easier.

4. We've tried to make and encourage fun things (QRadio, Quake Art, etc.), draw attention/help ppl trying to make things for Quake (Bomber, RQuake), mostly not moderate anything at all.

How are we doing? What haven't we done? What have we forgot to do? What could be done better? Ideas, etc.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Originally posted by Baker
    3. Make brainless installs of the things for the less computer literate and make life easier.
    Perhaps in these sections you could have the option of downloading the install or a 7z, rar, zip, whatever file. I for one don't enjoy using an installer then making the changes to make it accessible to my system.

Everything else looks great. I only ask that Sole creates a link that shows the ranking of fav. map, weapon, monster, rune when comparing to everyone's vote

also add some more rankings if Chthon (800+?) is the last one. If it's not then don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
      Perhaps in these sections you could have the option of downloading the install or a 7z, rar, zip, whatever file.
      I want to have both installers and zips available for every file, but we also have limited file hosting capability right now.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I find it hard to keep up with topics. Main page only shows newly added topics not active topics. Hard to fit all that I know. Also.. I came here last night trying to figure out why GLPro was so damn dark after installing it on my daughters machine. Haven't figured it out but got tired of looking for anything that would direct me. Otherwise.. no complaints.
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
          I find it hard to keep up with topics. Main page only shows newly added topics not active topics. Hard to fit all that I know. Also.. I came here last night trying to figure out why GLPro was so damn dark after installing it on my daughters machine. Haven't figured it out but got tired of looking for anything that would direct me. Otherwise.. no complaints.
          Agreed! That is an excellent point, particular for Quake "help" topics.

Btw ...

c:\quake\glpro.exe -gamma 0.1
          c:\quake\glpro.exe -gamma 0.5
          c:\quake\glpro.exe -gamma 0.9

Try all 3 of the above. One of them will fix your darkness issue in GLPro. Alternative B: JoeQuake/Qrack have brightness/contrast slider bars.

Comment

Ha.. I should have looked at my shortcut settings and would have seen that but didnt want her to get the goofey screen I use lolol. Thank you for reminding me thats where it's set.
            www.Net-Tyme.com
            Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
            Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Working...
            X