Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server browser on quakeone.com

Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Doing some research looks like there's a tool qstat that will query for all the servers.

Is this site using that tool then parsing the results?

Thanks

I've got qstat installed and it works wonderfully. Not sure if the site is using it or not, but I would imagine that it is.

Comment

Yes, qstat it is right now. If we ever get it done, we may be moving to a custom coded solution thanks to Efess.

Comment

I'm 1/2 way done with a c# implementation that I'll probably expose through some rest server.

I've found several java implementations you could probably use but I haven't tested.

I've also come across several php libraries which I might ultimately end up using because the first implementation would require asp.net or IIS to host and not sure I want to go that route.

I'll keep you updated.

Qstat would be fastest I believe but I'm trying to grasp the whole querying the server concept.

I'll share my results if I ever get there.

Thanks solocord for answering.

Comment

Bruce - I have already have a C# implementation, I provided the source at one point but I can give you SVN access if you want to look around.

servers.quakeone.com does have some rest api's (for proquake or qrack) I can set up more easily (it's PHP). This is what solecord was talking about.

Comment

Awesome!

What I want to do is pull this info down to iPhone,BB and android.

Anyway you can expose the query results in JSON?

I'll provide more info when I get home.

Maybe we can collaborate.

Comment

Here's the JSON feed the site uses:
              http://servers.quakeone.com/index.php?format=json

I can create a custom one if this doesn't meet your needs

Comment

Looks good.

Let me give this a try and see how it looks.

Only thing I can think of right now to customize would be to filter results by region or mod. That way when looking at it from mobile there isn't a huge list of irrelevant servers.

Comment

Haven't had time to test.

First wire frame.

iPhone Mockup

I don't know what to put on tab bar. Probably Servers, (the grand idea i'm not ready to share yet), maybe 1 or 2 more ideas (open to input).

Edit: Oh, this is an open collaboration tool so anything you change will change it permanently. Ya I probably shouldn't share this but it's not hard to reproduce.

Edit2: Should the server browser be mod specific? So the image you see above would be after you click CTF, DM, FFA etc.
                  Last edited by Bruce2; 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Efess View Post
                    servers.quakeone.com does have some rest api's (for proquake or qrack)
                    effess I forgot the exact addy to get the plain text output for Qrack to read...
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Rook- when I ported the site from ASP.NET to PHP, I didn't convert the QRack version because I didn't think you were going to use it. I can convert it if you'll use it, unless you can use the feed for proquake:

http://servers.quakeone.com/index.php?format=proquake

Comment

I dunno if this will help but XQF is a gui for qstat and I think you may be able to get the source to look at.XQF
                        WARNING
                        May be too intense for some viewers.
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                        ---------------------------
                        .--------------------------

Comment

i'll use the pq version so u dont need to fuss with anything
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

It's just string concatenation : )

Comment

Hi All,

Sorry been away a bit but the json feed is working great. I'm still in the early stages of DEV but here's a quick look.

This all needs to be custom formatted w/ num of players maybe port etc. but just wanted to share. Thanks efess!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X