Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quakeone "NetSeks" ad.....

I lol'd
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Yea, I had one ad for gaming open up the entire browser area below it - not just that small corner in the header. They are getting more arrogant all the time, to me its a bad idea to have them on the site at all anymore, it conflicts with the image of the community.

Comment

Yes,your correct. It's not like we (us loud individuals) need any competition to the moulding the image of what Quake1 is all about.

In my regaurds, that entails blowing all of you into lots of tiny gib's.

but,in the defense of the site earning moneys to help deflect hosting costs (Quakeone.com is effectively,a backbone for our universe,for most of us), the ad's are needed. And, I can account for three ad's I really enjoyed clicking.

Axe Guy Arm Pit (JKJKhaha)
      Stan Lee Interview (FN COMIC GOD)
      Space Marine's Advertisement (one of the players shown is "Guest of the State", lol)
      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yea, your point understood, but as I mentioned to either efess or solecord in the thread about advertising, theres a couple of us , like myself who would pay a flat fee NOT to see the ads, and have quakeone host some space for our mods, for example. But have not heard any feedback, so I guess I am stuck with seeing the ads, unless I use FF and install nosript.

Comment

How To: Download and Extract the HOSTS file

Just use this

I get ZERO ads there and none on most sites. Don't even need to install any plugins for my browser.

Comment

I have a chrome plugin for blocking ads on every quakeone.com page, EXCEPT the main page. I also randomly click them like you would randomly click a youtube link

Comment

I'm working on something for the ads/donate/etc....

The hosting company I'm with just up'ed our resources for free a month ago - they gave us more bandwidth and web space. So I'm trying to work on setting a donation system up. Different levels (all fairly cheap/low) that will include extra PM's, a place to host mods, etc. Any other ideas of offerings please post. They will be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                I'm working on something for the ads/donate/etc....

The hosting company I'm with just up'ed our resources for free a month ago - they gave us more bandwidth and web space. So I'm trying to work on setting a donation system up. Different levels (all fairly cheap/low) that will include extra PM's, a place to host mods, etc. Any other ideas of offerings please post. They will be considered.
                Any idea's how it came about? the free-extra-goodies was just out of their heart for everyone,or just us? Just curious.

Comment

What would you charge a mod to have "http://www.quakeone.com/ooppee"

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    Any idea's how it came about? the free-extra-goodies was just out of their heart for everyone,or just us? Just curious.
                    They rolled out upgrades for all their clients. They did the same thing last year. They give out upgrades but keep prices the same. Wired Tree rocks!

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                    What would you charge a mod to have "http://www.quakeone.com/ooppee"
                    $5,000

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                      They rolled out upgrades for all their clients. They did the same thing last year. They give out upgrades but keep prices the same. Wired Tree rocks!

$5,000
                      Will there be a charge for bomber.quakeone.com?

If you start charging i'm charging per post donated to the forums. $15 each post I've made since I joined!

Since my time is valuable!
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X