Forum Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Upgrade

Do you think the forum should be upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin? Yes/No? Include your vote and post comments.

FYI, the "out of the box" look of the forum is here:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php

Obviously, if an upgrade is to take place, it would use the color theme / template of the current site (brownish, earthy tones), but some of the forum functionality has changed.
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    35.71%
    Who cares?
    14.29%
    Last edited by Solecord; 10-22-2011, 08:41 AM.

I prefer the "looks" we have now personally. What types of upgrades would come with a change?

Comment

Hello Solecord,

I like the actual condition very much.
      The only thing I could ask for is a "Thank you" button.
      You maybe have seen this feature in other forums.
      You can say "Thank you" to a useful/interesting post of a member (and you name will be placed below it in small font).

Regards,
      Seven

Comment

I like the current look too - it's Quake so it's gotta be brown! - but have no objections to an upgrade otherwise.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just to clarify, the color/theme wouldn't be changing, just the forum software.

Comment

well, as long as the overall look of the forum wouldnt change, why wouldnt you wanna upgrade if it brings more stuff and adds new features and such?

and a slight change to the look wouldnt be a bad thing as long as its not a complete overhaul and as long as its better then before and nothing gets changed which makes the forum harder to use or such.
            and the benefits of the fact that new stuff gets added with updates is always great
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I still haven't heard of the upgrades yet. What are they please so I can make a better decision. I personally still would vote no as I don't like the layout of the other, but I'm not opposed to upgrading if I know what they are.

Comment

if it costs you any money, Sole, then no. No sense wasting money on an upgrade that likely wouldn't benefit you or us. If it's free, go for it.

Comment

current is fine, just get rid of frenzy. :p

Comment

If it has features for better security or admin tools to make your life easier sure, but if you are just thinking that new == better you should find a purpose first. You might have a bunch of cleanup work to tackle for nothing during the migration.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I looked at latest version features and it appears its mostly what you mentioned,I didn't see a significant feature in my quick scan
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                      X