Anyone else experiencing a slowdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else experiencing a slowdown?

Is anyone else here experiencing slow loading times in this forum lately? Sometimes when I click a thread, it takes quite a while to finally load. I know it's not my connection, because all other sites load fast, and I'm getting 20mbps download and 5mpbs upload.

Ya, i get a "waiting for quakeone..."
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

i do aswel, i think its because the page has to load all the behind the scenes ads and trackers, during page load, not sure about that

Comment

How often and at what times has the slowdown been happening? Is it constant or only once in awhile? There's been some issues with the server the last few days relating to an upgrade of cPanel/WHM (the backend server application that handles all the hosting setups).

Comment

Usually after a reply or post it takes about 2 minutes to refresh.

edit: except now.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

It's continuously slow for me. At the bottom of my browser it tells me everything that is loading. The ads make it crawl to a stop and i've seen a facebook link sit on connecting quite a few times, for a long time.

Some browser company needs to make a skip feature that allows you to skip dumb shit you don't want to load.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

btw while we're at it...

ive noticed a bug/mistake on the site for ages, but i never took the time to tell since it never really bothered me

if you click on the 'new posts' button to the left of the screen below your avatar to check for the latest posts, or when doing any search in the forums.
              if you look at the top of the screen, above the threads, the names of the rows at top are incorrect.

like above the thread name, itll say 'Thread / Thread Starter'
              above the name of the thread starter, itll say 'Last Post' instead
              replies has the correct name above it. (i think, although right of it it says 'views' above the next row)
              above the line which says in which part of the forum the thread is, it says 'Views' instead
              and above the row which shows who last replied to the thread, itll say 'Forum' instead

it aint really a serious thing and its not really bothering me personally, but its a bug/error nonetheless.
              and as far as i can remember it has always showed like this since i joined the forums (i think, dun remember exactly. but im sure it has been like this for at least quite a while)
              Last edited by talisa; 03-01-2012, 05:16 AM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                Usually after a reply or post it takes about 2 minutes to refresh.

edit: except now.
                Are you exaggerating by 2 minutes? I've never had anything load that slowly here before. lol. I've also never noticed a problem only after replying or editing... hrmm... Rook, can you use some webmaster tool program when you notice the slowness to see what was taking so long to load?

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  It's continuously slow for me. At the bottom of my browser it tells me everything that is loading. The ads make it crawl to a stop and i've seen a facebook link sit on connecting quite a few times, for a long time.

Some browser company needs to make a skip feature that allows you to skip dumb shit you don't want to load.
                  Can you post the exact script(s) that are loading slowly? Your browser should say the URL or script name...

Comment

@splitterface - lol never noticed that. That same "bug" happened on other pages of the forums though (due to customization in the forum template) but those were fixed. When I get a chance I'll fix that page as well ha.

Comment

Working...
                    X