Forum Permissions Modified [temp news]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Permissions Modified [temp news]

Due to the constant spam bots hitting the website, I've made some modifications to the forum permissions. This is purely on a test basis and based on any feedback we receive, these may be tweaked.

New users will be unable to modify their profile, use signatures, post comments on member profiles, or create picture albums within their profile.

A new user is defined as someone who has less than 10 posts and has been registered less than 10 days.

The forum will automatically "promote" you from being a new user once you surpass the above defined criteria (on an hourly basis).

I have already disabled profile editing, signatures, etc. for all users on the forum. Anyone who already surpasses the above criteria have been "promoted" and you should be able to use all of the features as before. If you have any problems, please private message Solecord or reply to this post with your issues.

Thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by Solecord; 10-27-2012, 06:00 PM.

question. did an admin always have to aprove an account before that said account could post?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Nope, you are free to register and post, granted you validate your email address. (when you register an email is sent to the address you used to sign up... click the link in it to validate...)

Comment

Note, I redefined a "new user" to less than 10 posts, and registered within the last 10 days.

Comment

we havent had comments on forum profiles in AGES, and I miss that feature.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Sounds reasonable.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Gots to do what you gots to do.. power of the web brings mysteries!

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                Gots to do what you gots to do.. power of the web brings mysteries!
                what you just said is a mystery!
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                X